A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what ive been up to  (Read 782 times)
Tags for this thread: pirate  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

laur328
Blood, Sweat and Crafts.

Let's get high on art supplies and hibernate!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 12, 2008 11:01:35 PM »

ive recently discovered jewelry making and all the wonderful things at ac moore and michaels and sometimes joann fabrics. and im truely additced to it now.  heres what ive been doing the last few days.

this first bracelet took me 4 hours to complete and i was inspired by some of the things ive seen around here and i just new i had to make one.  my boyfriend thinks its ugly but what does he know.  its made of over 200 beads and 95 head pins  i call it OOOOH Shiny

the next three are close ups of some of the beads used.
a bit blurry

the next piece is a recon, it was my grandmothers and she liked butterflies. heres the before

and the after i LOVE anything strawberry. and since my boyfriend insists that no one wears clay i made little strawberries from polyclay.  i love it.

my mom liked something similar to this in a catalog and since im unemployed clay is better than silver. 

and since that one turned out so well i made one for my boy friends sister.  she has threr kids so she gets three stones  (my om also three kids but oh well)  i think im gonna wrap it all pretty and sneak it under their tree from santa.    hee hee

this one is also for my mom  i think itll go well with her ren faire costume

and because she likes longer chains and they usually dont have a clasp i made her one with a magnetic clasp so she can do it her self.  Smiley  i was so excited when i found that in the store i squealed.

and another bracelet for my ren faire costume.  im a pirate. i think i might wear it all the time though.  i wish i had a before picture.  it was just wooden beads with angels and i painted them black and covered them with pirate-y things. and added red beads between.

its kinda small but let me know what you think!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/rooftopstudio
bekibutton
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008 01:30:21 AM »

i call it OOOOH Shiny

Lol, I'm well known amongst family and friends for referring to things as 'Oooh Shiny' so I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

Your Oooh Shiny bracelet is very cool, well worth its four hour creation time. Smiley

The tiny strawberries are very cute, off I go to buy some red and green polyclay to try making some!

The pirate bracelet is great too, love the images you used on the beads.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was gonna take over the world but got distracted by something shiny

beckybutton.wordpress.com
beckybutton.etsy.com
mrskimmyl
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008 06:18:19 AM »

All of your jewelry is lovely, but that first bracelet is simply stunning! I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karabananas
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008 07:04:24 AM »

geeze your boyfriend is a debbie downer, lol i think they're all fabulous  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You are my sweetest downfall. I loved you first, I loved you first. Beneath the sheets of paper lies my truth.
twilightprincess
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008 07:26:48 AM »

That bracelet is so pretty. I'm just getting into jewelry making too and I love the look of those chunky looking charm bracelets. Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
80% of Women Wear the Wrong Size Bra! Are You?
13 Items Under $100 to Complete Your Fall Wardrobe
5 Ways To Wear Leather Shorts For Fall
Le Bon Marché: Inside the Birthplace of Shopping
Chanel Spring 2014 RTW Runway Show: Celebrity Sightings at PFW 2014
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...