A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,623
Currently Running With Scissors:
725 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 days of Christmas MINI swap gallery  (Read 8974 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TAOJ

eating my strawberries

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: December 12, 2008 11:25:31 AM »

No need to reserve a spot. Simply post your pictures as you open your pressies  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

varandra
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008 01:54:24 AM »

Hooray! It's Sunday morning and I get to deal with the big pile of gifts sheepblue sent me!  Grin

Well, at least one of them Smiley:

It's wrapped in some really pretty red and gold fabrics. I love it when gifts come wrapped in gifts!  Cheesy I'm thinking this fabric would make a nice bag, or a pair
of slippers, or a pretty pouch, or...

Anyway, inside I found this:

An instruction booklet on how to plant dye textile material, a collection of 5 sweet recipes and a nice personal card. Cheesy

Inside the plant dyeing booklet:

I'm planning to try the plant dying technique on a plain white silk scarf I've had lying around forever without wearing. I'm thinking deep beetroot red...mmm Roll Eyes

Recipe collection:

The recipes sound very interesting, how about pumpkin fudge? There's something I would've never thought of on my own, but if it's anything like the pies usually are I think I'm going to have a new favourite sweet! I love the illustrations you made sheepblue, that sweet tooth is hilarious! Cheesy

Thanks for this awesome 12th day gift! I can barely wait until tomorrow and the following days to see what else you have made! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly. Friendly in general.

LOOKING FOR COFFEE PACKAGES ( the "heavy-plastic-bag-type") FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. CONTACT ME FOR PERSONAL SWAP. Smiley

Blog

Inspiration for swap partners:  wists
Dolly Mixx
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008 02:04:59 AM »

ooh was I supposed to open number 12? I started with 1, and that's how I wrapped the ones I sent too..oh dear, I just read the swap thread, and I am wrong! Indigo roses, if you haven't already opened it, start with number 1!!

anyway..

Ooh what could it be??

Yummy candy corn! Thank you so much Indigo_Roses! Just what I wanted! Already munched my way through some-it tastes like really sweet fudge!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008 02:06:03 AM by Dolly Mixx » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008 03:29:15 AM »

Finally, after battling my camera, a storm which lost our power for several hours and my dh, who was hogging the 'puter, I have the pics uploaded.

Lovely pile of goodies.

Todays present. Two gorgeous pairs of earrings. I love them both, with a slight preference for the green ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008 07:17:14 AM »

varandra - I forgot to mention in the letter, that if you wanted you could attach some string or something to the top of the envelop holder that the recipes came in to make a cool little note organizer.  Wink

Since everyone is posting pictures of all their presents under the tree I thought I'd post...well, mine.

It's a sad little tree but it's mine (we haven't even put up the xmas tree  Roll Eyes)

So, ♫on the 12th day of Christmas varandra gave to me♪ *hums to self*...

Candy breakfast!  Grin

Actually, it was more like a late late late candy snack. I didn't purposely stay up past midnight but I was working on some last minute xmas treats for my coworkers and had to of course open present #1 after the stroke of midnight.

There is sooooooo much loot to be had. Tons of chocolate and fruity Swedish candies. A couple different kinds of licorice, two of which intimidated me, for good reason. Here are the highlights:

This was some fruity candy that I thought was so tiny and cute. I don't know if you can tell from the picture but the candy is in the shape of little monkeys.  Cheesy

This is a marzipan pig covered in chocolate. I think it looked very cute, though now it's head is missing... Roll Eyes varandra said that this is a traditional swedish xmas treat. In my family, its kind of a tradition to get each other marzipan in the shape of fruits and vegetables. But the chocolate just adds a whole 'nother level. It's still reallllllly rich though.

Ok, so I'm totally up for trying new things even if it may sound a little strange. Pictured above are two types of licorice: pepper and salt flavored...out of everything in the package this made me pause. But I totally gave them both an honest try. The pepper licorice definitely wasn't as bad as I feared...though I will say that there were times when it actually tasted good and then there were moments when I cringed because a particularly spicy/peppery sensation was a bit overwhelming. The salt licorice on the other hand....well, I did try it...I just couldn't keep it in my mouth for very long >.< I don't think I got past the initial layer of salt that coated the whole thing. I've never eaten a salt lick before but if I had to guess that's probably similar to what it would taste like lol. I still have a whole bag left though, so I'll probably give it another shot to see if I can get past the salt to get the real flavor.  Grin

Oh, and I must say that Geisha chocolate is soooooooooooooo good. I love hazelnut and the mixture is just heavenly. The chocolate nip bar was really good too; very strong and rich but definitely a treat.

Thanks so much varandra! My taste buds thank you  Cheesy I can't wait for tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that....

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

fusbdgt
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008 08:31:05 AM »

Woo hoo, ok I'm squeezing this in b4 i have to head to work all day and deal with the football crazies! (no offense if any of you fall in that category ... hehe)
Here it is.... and i'm just gonna preface with I LOVE IT!

Isn't it cute? What is it you ask? It's for my USB port that is my life line in school, and I've forgotten it with assignments on it multiple times this semester, but if it's on my keys how can I forget it? I'm in nursing school at the moment and it's soooo perfect.

here's one more shot, see it peeking out?? hehe, yay!
On another note I had to leave the others in the closet, I thought the temptation wouldn't be as great b/c I got to open one but they hastily made their way back into the closet shortly after that! Roll Eyes
We're off to a great start in the gallery. Everyone's loot looks great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kiwi-Chickie

I am a hippy at heart...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008 05:23:52 PM »

Super cool sticky notes. WOot!  lol, sorry bout the crappy picture. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

unjugetito
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008 05:30:27 PM »

oooooooooooooo  sparklys!
These are so pretty. Must hide from daughter, MIL, sister... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RubyRain
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008 05:58:30 PM »

I got some yummy homemade caramels from ellen-j Smiley My DH is already scoping them out...
I'll take pics with tomorrow's gift since my camera is no where to be found at the moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homeschooling mama of 4 kidlets.

Mamahood is not for wimps!
indigo_roses
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008 08:16:57 PM »

I unwrapped a pair of earrings today! I'll post a picture tomorrow with day 2, my camera batteries decided that they wanted to die, so they're charging at the moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
15-Minute Apricot Yogurt Parfaits
How to Make Nutella-Stuffed Cronut Holes
Get Your DQ Blizzard Fix Noon or Night With This Home Hack
Deep-Dish Plum-Almond Pie Recipe
Red, White and Blue Trifle Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...