A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beatles bag  (Read 1261 times)
Tags for this thread: beatles  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Radmom
« on: December 12, 2008 09:02:29 AM »

Okay, first let me start by saying--This was made fully with the best intentions. I have a incredibly horrible sewing machine. I fight more with it than I care to really admit. I made this for an adult friend of my teenage daughter. She is making one of the anime convention  cosplay outfits for her for next years con. I know that she loves the Beatles as much if not more than myself. She drools over my framed record compilation that hangs proudly over my desk. My husband got it from a client that he worked for as a gift. These are the exact framed posters that one would see in a "national chain restaurant." The lady said, those places pay 75 bucks a pop for the framed posters.

Okay, now with all that said. I found a Beatles t-shirt at Goodwill. It was way to small for as she is chesty like myself. So I turned it into a messenger bag with some other recon material laying around the house.

Here is the cell pocket holder

and the cell pocket cover...She loves Ringo so I made sure to place him on top so it is close to her chest:P

Hope it is liked. I can't wait until I get better equipment and supplies.
I'm still teaching myself as I go along. I never took Home Ec or had a family member to show me anything.Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ArtAgata
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008 09:29:23 AM »

wow!!! very good...but there are some stamps sewing...or what else?!
(sorry but i don't speack english very well....  Undecided)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hippiejo74
Life, liberty and the pursuit of craftiness.

Gotta go - kids chewed thru their straps...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008 12:41:08 PM »

Grin Love it! Wish I could find some old Beatles shirts I could recon.... Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come check out my etsy shop - vintage, eco-friendly and all kinds of crafty goodness Smiley
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5029774

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
1 Cor. 13:4
ledleeaf
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008 11:02:59 PM »

very cool, funny enough I'm making my sister a bag out of old beatle's records right now!  After seeing your bag, I think I should put some pictures of them on the lining.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Radmom
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008 06:58:49 AM »

thanks everyone, I was sad the gal didn't come to pick up my daughter this time. It was her mom and kid sister. So, I won't see her actual reaction to the bag. Oh, well, It has a everything she loves on it...so I am sure it will be well received.

ArtAgata--Thanks for the complement. I do not understand what you mean by 'but there are some stamps sewing...or what else?!'
If anyone else understands please explain. Thanks...I am thinking you mean "stumps in sewing" as in...stuff happens.LOL If so, then, yes always something stumbling me.  Cheesy

Hippiejo74-- first I love your screen name. One I'm a mixture of flower child offspring and goth parents. LOL My dad was Gothic in nature way before it became mainstream. LOL and Jo is my daughter's middle name:P However, I was born in 72! lol

Anyway, A good place is Goodwill. I go only for specifics, like t-shirts. I don't know if all of the stores do it this way, but our store here places all t- shirts together. Oh, and the funny part is that they place it in the male section, but trust me you will find female t-shirts there too. I look for bands, anime, and really catchy phrases that fit a personality in our home. Oh, and a tip show up once a month there on their half off days, then the shirts will only be around a $1.25
I could not find one for my 9 year old. She is really intelligent for her age, but it seems to me, that she got brains and street credentials because of her older siblings. LOLOL
She has issues with her new school, saying that the kids are just dumb, or really ignorant which annoys her even more.
So I am making a shirt for her that reads....
You were given a BRAIN, TRY using more than 1%! That is going to be one of her xmas gifts.

Ledleeaf-- That is so cool!! I can't wait to see it. I have problems with recon'ing records. I rummage GoodWill for their records to KEEP. LOL I am such a geek! I almost died this half off day this month!!! I found Motley Crue records and ZZ tops Eliminator(She's Got Leeegggs and knows how to use them...sorry broke off into song) Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Wink
Thanks so much for everyones compliments and I can't wait to see the record bag Ledleeaf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ledleeaf
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008 08:10:05 AM »

I just finished it!  I should be sleeping (working nights), but I was so excited to get to sewing.

Here's a picture:

And a link to the post:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=282533.new#new

Thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Relish Cooking Show Kinston Highlights
A Visit to Chef and the Farmer Restaurant
The North Carolina Relish Expo
Sioux City Jam Preserves
Grilling Tools from Sioux City
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...