A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,069
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anti-Twilight Shirt  (Read 10534 times)
Tags for this thread: shirt , twilight , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craft_ee_me
« on: December 12, 2008 05:14:05 AM »

My daughter and I are HUGE True BLood fans, but Twilight seems to be all everyone talks about at her school.  (For those of you who dont know, True Blood is a series about vampires on HBO and Twilight is a movie about vampires . True Blood is adult-oriented, Twilight is geared toward the younger set.  For example, in Twilight, vampires dont burn in sunlight, they sparkle) Anywho, after a True Blood/Twilight debate with some of her friends, my daughter asked me to make this for her:
front

close-up

back: the word 'sparkle' is in gold glitter, but didnt photo well

I hope I dont offend any Twilight fans.  I just wanted to post FOR THE FIRST TIME, something I made. Yay! Oh yeah, sorry it's so wrinkle-y, I had to make her take it off to take pics.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My craft supply philosophy I stole from a line from AVP. ''I'd rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.'' But, they were talking about a condom. Tongue
chrissychrissy
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008 05:51:22 AM »

haha, that is too funny. Whose ever heard of a sparkly vampire?? I've watched a few episodes of True Blood, it was pretty good, seemed like it was getting a little repetitive there for a while, but I still liked it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rumpazel
Craft Addict

Illuuuuuuuusion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008 05:56:39 AM »

I like both Twilight and True Blood...although the sparkly part was a bit weird.  The shirt is super cool...and I wouldn't worry about offending people.  Freedom of speech and all...besides, it's just books, TV, and movies, right?  No one should be able to get their panties too twisted about that.  Smiley

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009 05:36:57 AM by knitting_nyxxie - Reason: please keep the thread on topic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps...and kittens...and rocks.  Weird huh?
ninjanator
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008 06:52:04 AM »

I'd personally sport this shirt in an instant Smiley

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009 05:37:55 AM by knitting_nyxxie - Reason: please keep the thread on topic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
Orrkid
Crafty WICHITANS Unite!

I'm addicted to DDR. I need a 12-step program.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008 06:55:20 AM »

The back of the shirt makes me giggle! I like it when authors take a new direction with something that has such an almost mythological-like background, but sparkling...that's going to take some getting used to (assuming I ever pick up the book so that I can see what the movie madness is all about).

Two Southern Vampire crafts in one day - I'm glad this is getting some exposure after all the Twilight insanity. The more (good) vampire series I know about, the better! (Too bad Robin McKinley isn't planning on serializing Sunshine, or even at least making a sequel.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But we have flamethrowers. And what this indicates to me, it means that at some point, some person said to himself, "Gee, I sure would like to set those people on fire over there. But I'm way too far away to get the job done. If only I had something that would throw flame on them."
death_by_vodka
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008 07:08:09 AM »

Your stencil looks nice and clean, you did an excellent job on this shirt.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009 05:38:46 AM by knitting_nyxxie - Reason: please keep the thread on topic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

IHeartMstrChief

Imperial Beagle!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008 07:22:44 AM »

I love the stenciling you've done though, your lines are nice and clear and you did a great job. I hope my venture into stenciling and screen printing stuff turns out as well.

I must look up this True Blood, hadn't heard of it until this post. Great work again! Hope to see more in the future!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009 05:39:18 AM by knitting_nyxxie - Reason: please keep the thread on topic » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mandyhello

Cook-Eat-Stitch-Game- in that order :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008 07:44:34 AM »

I am a teen librarian, and I am absolutely sick to death of talking about dreamy vampires!  i love your hoodie, and bravo to your daughter for thinking outside of the mob-like box Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlairsBear

Sentence first -- verdict afterwards.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008 08:00:46 AM »

Haha! Well done.  I have to say, as an Anne Rice fan, I found the sparkly bit a little hard to take.  However, the Twilight vampire was MUCh cuter than Tom Cruise as Lestat.  Blonde totally works against him.
Oh, and as for your sweater (pardon me for rambling) I think you did very nice work, and I like the font you used on the back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it had grown up, it would have made a dreadfully ugly child; but it makes rather a handsome pig, I think.
hippie4yahweh

Dabbler of all, master of... eh, not much

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008 08:12:08 AM »

I think this is hilarious!! It's VERY well done, too, it looks really really good! Fantastic job! Your daughter must have some serious will power to avoid the Twilight phenom if she's still in school! (I personally was sucked into it on accident when I was out of books and Twilight was the first thing I saw walking into Borders- DANG it! Major mistake, but I'm still obsessed lol)

(And I agree, the sparkly thing may be way overboard, but I love Edward in spite of his glitter side hahahaha)

Good job!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009 05:40:16 AM by knitting_nyxxie - Reason: please keep the thread on topic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It's where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more."
Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Your Makeup Poolside
One Direction Nail Polish and Make-Up Lines
Tips For Bridal Hair, Growing Brows and DIY Scrubs
How to Apply Under Eye Highlighting Powder
Back To School: Age Appropriate Make Up Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...