A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,953
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 95
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DeStash-Along 2009  (Read 57386 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaudiknight
« Reply #780 on: June 18, 2009 05:43:37 AM »

I really like the green and brown castle card.

I made another dozen post-it note folders as party favors for an upcoming event.  They are rather addicting.

Along with the previous batch, because they fit so nicely together.  The colors are much brighter in person, and they all have round corners now.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009 05:32:16 AM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #781 on: June 20, 2009 01:56:10 PM »

I haven't done anything on my destashing list for June.

I have been so busy in real life that I have only been doing quick projects,  most of the time that means cards. 

Everything on these cards comes from the my paper stash.

The image on this card was recycled from a commercial card

A Birthday card for my BIL

Another card with a recycled image it also uses Japanese paper.

Lady bug fly away...

Surf and sand

To use up a lot of paper from my stash, I made this storage box, note cards and envelopes as a gift for my MIL.  Each of the note cards is different.

The box.

Some of the note cards

more of the note cards

and the last two

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #782 on: June 20, 2009 02:02:06 PM »

I also made a couple of necklaces this month.  I did have to buy a some findings and charms to complete these but everything else came from the stash.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
katiebread
« Reply #783 on: June 24, 2009 08:20:22 PM »

I made about a dozen of these for my mom to send to church folks.  I love my new paper punch!

Two tiny crocheted critters from my stash showing off some more cards.  I needle-felted their faces.

Today's cards.  I really like the woven paper one.  I have a bunch of thin strips left over from cutting the cards out, so I'm glad I found a use for them!

Tomorrow's project is my quilt.  Come on, sewing machine.  You know you love me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaudiknight
« Reply #784 on: June 25, 2009 05:41:37 AM »

I need to see how your corner punch works.  It makes the cards look terrific.  Do you have envelopes for these?  Just wondering...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katiebread
« Reply #785 on: June 26, 2009 07:13:53 AM »

I have a box of 100 invitation-sized envelopes that I got a year or two ago when I made Christmas cards.  I only used 20 or so of the envelopes, so these cards are reducing my envelope stash as well!  The envelopes are actually a tad too big for the cards, but whatever. Wink

This is not my exact punch, obviously, but it may give you an idea of how they work: http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=429605  I was originally going for just a circle punch; I did not know these corner punches existed.  However, I think they add a lot to the cards.  The design I got would also fit in nicely with the Celtic knot motif I want for my wedding. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaudiknight
« Reply #786 on: June 28, 2009 04:48:03 PM »

It still looks like there are no paper bridges holding your lacy corners together, but I'll take your word for it that it works.

Some recent insanity for an exceedingly silly party.  Inspired by this: http://www.twigandthistle.com/blog/2009/06/stache-bash-part-ii/ although we were celebrating Queen Victoria's coronation (we needed an excuse) instead of mustaches.  Did not even begin to put a dent in my cardstock stash, which I selfishly horde, and sort through on dark and stormy nights.
pins:

'staches on a stick

THIS ROCKS   Logged

melmakespretty
« Reply #787 on: June 28, 2009 06:44:31 PM »

Those moustaches are very cool.
Love It...
Did not even begin to put a dent in my cardstock stash, which I selfishly horde, and sort through on dark and stormy nights.
I thought I was the only one.... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come​ and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
gaudiknight
« Reply #788 on: July 01, 2009 01:51:56 PM »

Yup, you are not alone.  I discovered that I will give you the shirt off my back more willingly than the cardstock from my stash. 

Completed an embarrassingly simple double crochet scarf over the weekend.  Just now getting around to posting it.  Another skein down, seven million more to go.

(for the record the giraffe is a couple feet taller than me, so its a pretty long scarf)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #789 on: July 11, 2009 02:20:47 AM »

I've been doing my own private 'stashbuster' here lately, but I'm so freaking proud of myself I can't help but share lol.  This is like 2 weeks of work so far.  I know I'm 7 months late into 2009 to start but it counts right Wink lol

Up first we have the destashing of 20 yards of flannel (only counting what I got sewn up)  This stack has 40 burpcloths and 110 washrags (still need to deal with the 'tails')  Actually did about 2 1/2 times this many but gifted a ton of them away as soon as I finished them

Next we have the destash wallets (about 5 yards here of random misc. small pieces left over from other projects)  Picture shows 20 I think the open ones still need pressed, and I have a stack of about 40 more not shown that I need to turn and press

and the current project which I'm hoping to finish up this weekend 50 aprons yeah that's 50.  The first pic is one of the pile of cut out aprons (above you can see some straps that were just turned waiting to be ironed by the sewing machine lol) Oh and they are all reversible aprons too lol

and the finished look of them

When I finish the aprons I'll be at a total of 80 yards cleared from the fabric stash, which embarassingly enough isn't really even a dent :S
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009 02:21:28 AM by CohesiveChaos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 95 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Anna Quindlen Talks About Every Last One
Pop-Up Peter Pan Book Trailer
Will Bunch Talks About Tear Down This Myth
Melissa Anelli Talks About Harry, A History
Stephanie McClellan and Beth Hamilton Talk About So Stressed
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...