A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,136
Currently Running With Scissors:
353 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 95
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DeStash-Along 2009  (Read 57217 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crafts4others
« Reply #710 on: May 03, 2009 09:04:54 AM »

I just found this thread and since I have already decided I need to go thru my craft room, this will be great in motivating me to use some of the items I already have. Of course yesterday I bought tons of more things online,  Roll Eyes (who can resist?) but that just gives me more incentive  to finish projects I already started but never finished to make more room for new things. I have also decided to get involved in the making 50 things a yr thread (not sure if I will make it due to my starting out this late, but hey I can try!), and will be using a lot of the things I already have.  Smiley Like the 40+ yards of fabric I bought a few weeks ago and still need to do anything with it. Of course that also means getting my sewing machine out of the box that I bought a yr and a half ago but didn't always have room for. Now that I have a craft room I need to get motivated to organize it, since my husband has boxes in there as well he said he would be cleaning his stuff out of there, so that should be motivating to go thru my stuff.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linnybelle
« Reply #711 on: May 03, 2009 01:57:28 PM »

So I finally finished this wedding quilt for some friends of mine and I thought, since it used up a ton of my stash, I would post the picture here.

It's a log cabin, using all scraps from my stash.  It's big enough for a double bed and it's hand quilted in x's across the squares.  the outside row of squares and the border are not quilted and the backing material is the same cranberry colored cotton as the binding.  It's the streak of lightening setting for the log cabin.

Sorry I only have the one picture.  I'm hoping to get detail shots later, but I ran out of time to give it to them before I could take more pictures.

Enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
crafts4others
« Reply #712 on: May 03, 2009 02:57:29 PM »

that is a very pretty quilt, how long did it take you to make?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaudiknight
« Reply #713 on: May 03, 2009 03:31:49 PM »

Qazicat, I am quite amazed at your organized stamp pads.  They look great.

Linnybelle, that quilt is amazing!

Here's the only thing I seemed to manage to complete in April.

Its a pattern from Ravelry called "Amanda Hat" or something like that.

May's off to a good start already.  Just a simple scarf, but very soft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imafundork
« Reply #714 on: May 03, 2009 07:52:12 PM »

This used hardly any stash at all, but it made for a cute photo!  Wink
I'm working on a second one now and I'm sure I'll be making a ton more as Brody seemed to love it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/imafundork/3498835996/

This is my first time trying to add a picture from flickr and I'm not having any luck so I just pasted the link.  I usually use photobucket and have no problems. Can someone please share with me how to share images from Flickr?  Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009 07:53:52 PM by imafundork » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
ostera15
« Reply #715 on: May 04, 2009 05:34:00 PM »

DeStashing with kids, we made whirligigs and a windchime. We used all our bottle caps, and cleaned out a bunch of beads, in addition to the bottles and paint.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
Chanel
« Reply #716 on: May 04, 2009 05:54:24 PM »

My Destash Projects to date:
1. made 10 felt ornament stars
2. made 14 owl pincushions (January theme)
3. Made 72 french berets for girl scouts
4. Made 5 luv monsters (February theme-hearts: each one has a heart on its backside )+3 more in march
5. Altar Cloth
6. 24 mini dolls
7. Fred-the monster stuffie
8. Zola the rag doll
9. Spring Goddess doll
10. Ostara egg + 12 more for friends
11. 6 baby toys + 25 more all with squeakers ( I bought the squeakers cheap but everything else was stash)
12. 7 scrap quilt squares
13. 20 aprons for girl scout swap event
14. about 150 girl scout S.W.A.P.S.
15. I started a crazy quilt also and have made about 30-35 squares so far. *I have finished sewing 100 squares-am now working on embroidery/embellishing the squares*
16. a fairy art doll using my Zola pattern-
17. Owl stuffie-
18. Spring Maiden Goddess Shrine
19. girl scout dotee

I used up a good bit of felt scraps for the following projects.
20. 3 Huge felt cupcakes (pics later)
21. Felt Beltaine Doll-

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linnybelle
« Reply #717 on: May 04, 2009 07:41:59 PM »

vmfein, it took a good 8 months, but only because I got frustrated halfway through the binding (my machine started eating random bits of fabric) and couldn't look at it without crying for four months.  I'm just glad it's finally done and given to my friends.

ostera15:  That windchime is wonderful!  I love that it's made out of something as simple as bottle caps and yet looks so cool. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
feelix

I love Crazy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #718 on: May 05, 2009 07:54:02 AM »

Just stopping by to share that I'm not a good destash... i was so motivated too... and some how the fabric store got me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back from a long break. WOOT!
eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #719 on: May 05, 2009 10:38:03 AM »

Oh feelix don't feel bad  you have to get stash to be a good destash.  Even though I have used a bit of stash I still visit the fabric store and yarn shop to see if there is anything I can't live without.  And you know there aways is something that I want to try or this really cute fabric that may not be there next time I go.  I just bought some new yarn yesterday because I was in the area and I don't get there very often so I had visit the yarn store.  I got some cool yarn that is made of corn. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 95 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Strip Loin Steak With Coke Barbecue Sauce
How to Make Coffee Barbecue Sauce for Ribs
How to Make Pickle Stuffed Sliders
Mac and Cheese 2.0 Recipe
How to Make Cajun Style Mayonnaise
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...