A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 95
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DeStash-Along 2009  (Read 51717 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaudiknight
« Reply #660 on: March 29, 2009 05:58:37 PM »

I am amazed at the number of crafting opportunities the girl-scouts seem to engender, and at your patience to make so many of the same things.

March was a very productive month for me, just not on the de-stashalong front.  All I got done were some dishcloths.  They are nice and portable, which came in handy since I was just about everywhere other than my craft-space this month.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #661 on: March 30, 2009 06:40:11 AM »

Wow, you guys are doing great!!  I've been destashing a lot, but I've also been bad and bought some yarn too.  phooey.  However, almost all of it was bought for specific projects that I plan to knit this year...so maybe not technically stash?

I've made 7 of these hanging hand towels:

This pokemon hat:

a ton of these kitty toys shaped like fortune cookies:

these ornaments:

and, really a ton more.  I have a bunch of pics, I just need to upload them!  I just thought I should post something, so you guys won't think I'm a slacker!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #662 on: March 30, 2009 08:11:47 AM »

Superhooker, I love your hanging handtowels.  I've checked out that Mason Dixon Knitting book so I can figure out how to make them.  In Feb I learned how to make the ball band dish cloths.  Instead of dishcloths I made ball band swiffer covers.  My goal this year is to seriously improve my knitting & crochet skills.  I'd like to be able to do more than knit stitch or half-double crochet a scarf.  I also made a tea bag holder in rib stitch.  All I've got to do is stitch up the sides and sew in a fabric liner and a button.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 31, 2009 06:06:16 AM »

Hi all,
I made this little guy out of a piece of felted jumper, and some leftover embroidery thread.

Hes quite small so not a lot of stash busted!
But I still think he is cute, and very soft. He can sit in the palm of your hand.
I got the pattern here http://www.flickr.com/groups/lambkins/
Thanks!
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
Chanel
« Reply #664 on: March 31, 2009 07:17:00 AM »

scrappy sue your lamb is adorable. I had to save the pattern and will definately add that one to my want to do list

superhooker-love the towels and the fortune cookies. my kitties would love them. are the filled with catnip or do they make noise?

guadinight-trust me, I have lost patience quite a few time lol

LunaKitten-thank you so much Smiley

My Destash Projects to date:
1. made 10 felt ornament stars
2. made 14 owl pincushions (January theme)
3. Made 72 french berets for girl scouts
4. Made 5 luv monsters (February theme-hearts: each one has a heart on its backside )+3 more in march
5. Altar Cloth
6. 24 mini dolls
7. Fred-the monster stuffie
8. Zola the rag doll
9. Spring Goddess doll
10. Ostara egg + 12 more for friends
11. 6 baby toys + 25 more all with squeakers ( I bought the squeakers cheap but everything else was stash)
12. 7 scrap quilt squares
13. 20 aprons for girl scout swap event
14. about 150 girl scout S.W.A.P.S.
15. I started a crazy quilt also and have made about 30-35 squares so far. this is the first 18 squares
16. a fairy art doll using my Zola pattern-
17. Owl stuffie-made from my DD old coat from when she was about 5. Made in her favorite color scheme for the handmade holiday craftalong.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melmakespretty
« Reply #665 on: March 31, 2009 09:20:16 PM »

I am loving the stuffies, The owl an lamb are adorable!
Thanks for the link to the pattern as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come​ and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
LaughingLark
« Reply #666 on: April 01, 2009 11:23:55 AM »

I love the owl and the lamb stuffies! So cute!

The avatars today bring back lots of memories of my groovy childhood.  Cheesy

I haven't been de-stashing crafty stuff as much I would like because I've been in spring-cleaning mode, and still am. I also have decided I need to lose quite a bit of weight. I'm always tired and don't eat right. I joined SparkPeople (same username there), and I've been trying to walk more to bring my weight down.

My biggest challenge is late-night snacking. My hubby works nights, and I get bored and start eating junk after the kids are asleep. I need to replace that habit with a late-night crafting habit. Since my eyes don't work as well at night in my mid-forties as they did 20 years ago, I need to pick stuff that is less challenging and more "instant gratification" than my beadwork for this time of day. And I want to do it with stash only.

Soon I hope to be posting my "late night crafting binges".  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitsune-Tearz
« Reply #667 on: April 01, 2009 05:03:32 PM »

this has been great for ideas, i wish i had found it sooner lol
I have been de-stashing as my new years resolution this year, and only just found this thread today
I just wanted to thank you guys for all the ideas Smiley
I almost wish i had taken before pics of my craft area after seeing the ones on here lol (even if it was so embarrassingly disorganized that you couldn't see the floor (which is about the color of the macrame background here so i am not sure if it was a bad thing XD ) 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linnybelle
« Reply #668 on: April 01, 2009 09:57:51 PM »

The bad news is I went to my local thrift store with my mom.  She is not a good shopping partner as she has a habit of saying "Oh, that would make the cutest bag!"   Shocked  So then, of course, it has to come home with me so that I can use it to it's full potential instead of leaving it languishing in the store.

The good news is that I made another bag out of stash fabric and used it almost all up, cut a bunch more scraps into workable pieces, and finally put a quilt top together and found out I have enough squares to make another one, and made the various bits of two more bags.  All I have left to do for those two bags is to find handles (which, sadly, I'll probably have to buy), and put the bits together.  Hopefully I can post pictures in the next couple of days.

I love the dishcloths at the top of the page. The pattern makes me want to learn how to do that and the colors brought a nice touch of spring into my cold, snowy life (stupid Michigan...).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
imafundork
« Reply #669 on: April 02, 2009 08:40:56 PM »

I haven't posted here in awhile, but I have been destashing.  I participated in Psyche's Buy Nothing/Green Swap crafting entirely from stash.  My sister was also in the swap and most of what she used came from my stash as well! My stash is big enough for two!  Wink  We're also angeling for the swap so I'll get to use more stash for that...yay!

Last night I was bored and putting off the crafting I have to do for swaps...so I made stitch markers for my girlfriends from college.  We all learned how to knit during our sophomore year.  We're currently doing our own version of the traveling scarf as we all are scattered about now.  Some of the girls hadn't knit since we graduated three years ago, so I made them stitch markers to inspire them to continue to knit after we are finished with the scarves.  Nothing too fancy...here they are:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 95 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Bachelorette Party Gift Idea
How to Makeover Your Dresser Using Wallpaper
Julie Chu: Learn from Your Mistakes
Winter Wonderland Themed Craft
How to Create Mosaic Tile Mirrors
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...