A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
706 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 95
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DeStash-Along 2009  (Read 55125 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #570 on: February 27, 2009 11:17:45 AM »

I think Chanel needs to be nominated for Queen Destasher of the Year! The list just keeps growing.

Maybe you can come to our places and get some destashing done for the rest of us lazy peeps!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VintageGeek
Generation N

It's still cool to me, man.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #571 on: February 27, 2009 12:14:25 PM »

Argh!!!  I didn't see this until JUST NOW!   Undecided

I wanna do this.  I've done two swaps since I joined a few months ago, and I realized pretty quickly that before I join any more, I'm going to need to a) get organized and b) reduce some of the excess crafty stuff before I can do any more swaps.  Actually, this is partially my husband's rule.

I'd like to join, if it isn't too late...but I'll have to start with getting my stash organized first though.  I know this isn't exactly appropriate, but let me show you what I'm working with here (keeping in mind that we just moved in about five months ago and I haven't actually made an effort to put any of this away yet):

Obviously there's some stuff in there that isn't even craft-related, so I really have my work cut out for me.

But you know.  Once I get all that sorted out, I'm totally in for March!!  If it's not too late to join, that is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #572 on: February 27, 2009 01:08:11 PM »

Oh, it's never too late to join the destash! Wink

In psyche news, I have done very little destashing during the month of February. (I want to do some recons either today or tomorrow though!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melmakespretty
« Reply #573 on: February 27, 2009 05:12:34 PM »

Obviously there's some stuff in there that isn't even craft-related, so I really have my work cut out for me.

Hehe I know the feeling. Doesn't it just feel like all that stuff just breeds sometimes? My family puts anything that's mine in my craft space too, even if it's not craft stuff.
On the flylady website she has a really good way to start decluttering, when you just aren't sure where to start with it all.
Maybe you could make a wallhanging organiser thingy to keep tools, and stuff on, above your table?
I need to do that too...
I made a bag for the tote/handbag swap and my partner hasn't got it yet so I can't post pics Sad. Hopefully next week...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come​ and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Dor
« Reply #574 on: February 27, 2009 06:01:47 PM »

Maybe you could make a wallhanging organiser thingy to keep tools, and stuff on, above your table?
melmakespretty--That's a brilliant idea!  Use stash to organize!  Sometimes, I wonder how I miss the obvious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missnihkii
Savoring this carpet ceiling.

missnihkiiiikhinssim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #575 on: February 28, 2009 11:28:47 AM »

o0o mel i might have to do that.. but... i have a bulletin board i made so idk where to put it.. o0o i dont think i posted it up here yet.. no, i think i did. its way bak there tho. lol.. i still have to post my stuff for feb.. that will probably happen middle march haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Nihkii

Personal swaps?YES YES YES!!

so..im OBSESSED with buttons and stickers..

MissNihkiis Wist

i miss my colorado Sad
feelix

I love Crazy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #576 on: February 28, 2009 11:34:58 AM »

Organizing Round Two of Small Destash Swap.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=294482.msg3349973#msg3349973

Join us if you wish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back from a long break. WOOT!
Linnybelle
« Reply #577 on: February 28, 2009 05:29:32 PM »

Finally, I can post a few things. I have actually been working on a lot of different things, but most ended up being for a swap.  My partner got them though, so I can prove that I've actually been destashing.

I recently got into Iris Folding and so I made a set of nature inspired cards for my swap partner.

A WIP set:

This purse I have been just waiting for the right person to give it to and I picked up the bauble on the front at a church rummage sale.  It does have a strap, it's just the same stripey material as the bag. The inside is a white on white leaf pattern and it's got one layer of interfacing sewn in and a strip of pockets that goes across the back side.

And two quilted bookmarks, all from scraps. The half square triangle ones are from a memory quilt of my Grandma. I'm actually wrapped up in it right now.  Smiley
Side 1:

Side 2:

I've been very impressed with all the destashing going on and although mine doesn't actually follow the monthly suggestions, it's definitely helped me get more into using things I already have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
gaudiknight
« Reply #578 on: March 01, 2009 09:52:41 AM »

The worst possible time to run out of yarn:

Stash to the rescue!  I'd been thinking it was ridiculous to save the bits and bobs left over from a previous skein of this colorway, but it was exactly what I needed for the three rows left on my mittens.
The finished product.  Rather lumpy, not exactly the same shape, but nice and cozy.

And finally, a picture of a project from January de-stashing, an entrelac scarf for me mum.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009 09:53:29 AM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chanel
« Reply #579 on: March 01, 2009 05:01:15 PM »

Here is another destash -Zola the rag doll.

She used up some fabric, felt and stuffing. Did I ever mention that I have about 12 bags of stuffing I need to use? I have discovered that if you wait until after christmas you can catch the bag of polyfil "snow" on clearance. I bought 15 bags this past christmas for .75 each bag. These are the size of the bags that sell for 5-6 dollars in the craft stores. Smiley

I think Chanel needs to be nominated for Queen Destasher of the Year! The list just keeps growing.

Maybe you can come to our places and get some destashing done for the rest of us lazy peeps!  Grin

Aww...thanks hun. And I would love to come over and help you destash. Unfortunately I can't get past the piles of stuff I still have here to find the front door to escape. LOL. Well its not quite that bad but I would love to uncover my dining room table again this year. Smiley

My Destash Projects to date:
1. made 10 felt ornament stars
2. made 14 owl pincushions (January theme)
3. Made 72 french berets for girl scouts
4. Made 5 luv monsters (February theme-hearts: each one has a heart on its backside )
5. Altar Cloth
6. 24 mini dolls
7. Fred-the monster stuffie
8. Zola the rag doll
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009 05:02:54 PM by Chanel » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 95 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Fashion: How to Create Ombre Shorts
Ellie Is a Member of Seventeen’s 2012 Style Council!
Seventeen Fashion Interns Model the Cutest Sweaters in the Closet!
Heather Morris Cover Shoot for Seventeen Magazine
Karolina Kurkova in a Push-Up Bra
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...