A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
784 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 95
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DeStash-Along 2009  (Read 51853 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #310 on: January 22, 2009 11:10:05 AM »

I'm not telling what I have added to my stash since joining this destashalong I prefer to live under the delusion that I am actively destashing.  I have a friend who works in a drapery workroom and they have to throw away the scraps I go there and look through them and get all kinds of lovely fabrics in silks and linens.  I even make clothes out of some of them.  Last year I made my Easter outfit with fabric I salvaged from the workroom.  I made a cotton embroidered organza jacket and when I went to my friends house she had made a curtain for her front door out of the same fabric.  LOL  I got so many compliments on my jacket.  It is really hard to resist that fabric and I figure I am being green by saving it from the landfill and reusing it.  And Hey I am helping with their destashing right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dor
« Reply #311 on: January 22, 2009 11:53:40 AM »

You guys are cracking me up!!

I was too embarrassed to post that I had destashed a little bit of white yarn when I crocheted two kitchen towels.  Because, I just got back from the store with 4 packages of sheets that were clearanced out.  The plan is to destash my quilting fabric and they will make nice backing fabric.  I just couldn't help myself, they were $60 sheet sets for 10 bucks.  A good yard of fabric is $10!  And to top it off, my husband didn't even give me "the look" while I was filling the cart!

Just for the record, I agree that sometimes you have to get other supplies in order to destash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yellowblanket
« Reply #312 on: January 22, 2009 05:15:34 PM »

here's my latest de-stashing FO, modeled by my boyfriend. it's made of scraps from 3 balls of noro and 2 balls of sws.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists: http://www.wists.com/yellowblanket

will knit for: earrings, cloth pads, homemade soaps, and handspun yarn. PM me if you want to swap!
Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #313 on: January 22, 2009 05:28:16 PM »

oooh some of my fav yarns!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missnihkii
Savoring this carpet ceiling.

missnihkiiiikhinssim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: January 22, 2009 05:33:12 PM »

so you just post in this thread right?? hmm. i may have to do this Smiley i have WAY too much stuff for one measly desk . hehe. the bf is ragin. lol soon to come..pics!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Nihkii

Personal swaps?YES YES YES!!

so..im OBSESSED with buttons and stickers..

MissNihkiis Wist

i miss my colorado Sad
DeannaLynn06

Cup o Noodles it is, crafting costs too much!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #315 on: January 22, 2009 10:43:27 PM »

I'm not telling what I have added to my stash since joining this destashalong I prefer to live under the delusion that I am actively destashing. 

I was thinking the same thing. I am always on the look out for remnants or $1.50 a yard from wal-mart. I figure with everyone complaining that wal-mart is getting rid of their fabric section I should get it while it is there. I am definitely more conservative now though. I only buy 2 yards of any given fabric rather then 4 yards. Because I mostly make clothes I can't get away with just 1 yard.

I did make a really cool market bag this morning before work with stashed fabric. I feel there is progress towards my goal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dor
« Reply #316 on: January 23, 2009 05:09:45 AM »

yellowblanket- Love the hat, the colors are really great.  Keep up the good destashing work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gomerriffic

Exsqueeze me?

« Reply #317 on: January 23, 2009 07:38:39 AM »

Most of the stuff I've destashed so far has been for a swap. I can't show it yet! But I will soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TexasThistle
Innocent until PROVEN guilty

This is complete BS.

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 23, 2009 07:46:46 AM »

i did some minor de-stashing for my last swap and the 2 I am in now have been totally de-stashed (one was a de-stashing swap, lol, and the other was just something I always have a lot of). I am de-stashing some things for my artfire shop this weekend. I gotta prep for my first craft show this summer also
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps (feedback is untrue)
Gomerriffic

Exsqueeze me?

« Reply #319 on: January 23, 2009 10:29:59 AM »

okay I suppose I should confess I just bought six yards of fabric...

BUT one was beautiful and for a swap partner plus a little extra cause it was just pretty, and the other was TWEED for $2 a yard and perfect for a cloak I hope to wear at the Ren Faire this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 95 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Background Paper for Digital Scrapbooking
How to Age a White Card Stock for Scrapbooking
How to Craft a Christmas Gourd Santa
How to Craft a Button Brooch
How to Craft Duct Tape Fabric
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...