A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 95
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DeStash-Along 2009  (Read 53931 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #300 on: January 21, 2009 01:46:18 PM »

Okay, so I have lots of pictures!!

First of all, I finished my craft organization (at least to the level I felt I needed to!)

Here's my sewing table, and in the background the other desk with my candle can, current cut pattern, and... well, this one is a bit odd, but a coffee set.

A bit of labeled tins - sewing supplies!

Fine arts rack (usually in the bottom is my big bag of craft acrylics, but I was painting!)

Labeled shelves in my craft desk! From Top: Scrapbooking Supplies, Carboard & Cardstock, Ephemera & Printed Papers, Glues & Tapes (in the purple box), Rubber Stamps, Patterns, and finally, at the bottom, there's the box of certain crafts, and my Lip Gloss Supplies box (and some extra bags in teh middle!)

My organized bead/findings stash - in a tackle box and separated containers... also featured are paintbrushes.. and the Beck's beer keg is filled with beer caps that I eventually intend to use!

All right. Well that's my organization! Not featured are my fabric toybox & hanging baskets because they weren't quite organized this time. I was proud of myself for doing this though!

And some things I actually made:
A nice handy sunglasses case, with skull-finity fabric and velcro closure

And My Sailor Jerry style Mini Tote - handpainted (and hand designed) detail, no pattern, and made of pants! (On offer in the FOC Raffle 4 - "Amore" themed!)

The interior, showing off some of its pockets and the Sacred Heart fabric lining

THIS ROCKS   Logged

feelix

I love Crazy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #301 on: January 21, 2009 06:10:53 PM »

I love it ladies... WOW... you all are so talent... between the stashes, the organizing and the destashing.... You ROCK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back from a long break. WOOT!
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #302 on: January 22, 2009 08:24:38 AM »

Noooooooooooooo!

I just commited to buying $50 worth of yarn off of craigslist... with two rolling drawer carts.  Oh lord. 

I fail at destashing!    Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
Chanel
« Reply #303 on: January 22, 2009 09:58:17 AM »

Lol littlebiskit,

You just need to put it in perspective. If you use that yarn to make a ton of ornaments you may be able to destash a bunch of old buttons or use the yarn to make a ton of little crochet critters and destash some pipecleaners you may have Smiley or whatever LOL

THIS ROCKS   Logged
feelix

I love Crazy!

« Reply #304 on: January 22, 2009 10:23:37 AM »

Lol littlebiskit,

You just need to put it in perspective. If you use that yarn to make a ton of ornaments you may be able to destash a bunch of old buttons or use the yarn to make a ton of little crochet critters and destash some pipecleaners you may have Smiley or whatever LOL

You really - you NEED it!

I love the way you think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back from a long break. WOOT!
gaudiknight
« Reply #305 on: January 22, 2009 10:32:03 AM »

you could also look at it as gaining new storage, rather than failing at de-stashing.  The fact that the storage containers are already filled is a slight drawback, but one that could be overlooked if the yarn helps with battling your all-consuming button, pipecleaner and fiddlybit stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

« Reply #306 on: January 22, 2009 10:37:26 AM »

Noooooooooooooo!

I just commited to buying $50 worth of yarn off of craigslist... with two rolling drawer carts.  Oh lord. 

it's okay. You see yarn can insulate your house. So technically you're saving money by making your house warm... uh maybe?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunspotted
« Reply #307 on: January 22, 2009 10:39:12 AM »

What a bunch of enablers!  I love it!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #308 on: January 22, 2009 10:40:59 AM »

Noooooooooooooo!

it's okay. You see yarn can insulate your house. So technically you're saving money by making your house warm... uh maybe?

Of course!  My craft room is in my very cold basement, so I should get even MORE carts full of yarn and fabric to keep me warm!  You're the smartest!

Also, the yarn in the carts doesn't look to be organized well.... i'm thinking if I re-ball everything I'll be able to fit the excess yarn that's spilling out of my current 18gallon tote, so then I'll actually be able to organize and close it.  (Plus there are more colors, which will aide in using colors I have to make crochet food for my daughter and also there are things besides acrylic!  Hurray for something different!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

« Reply #309 on: January 22, 2009 10:44:01 AM »

so see what you really need to do is line your basement with shelves and then FILL them all to keep warm. Cheesy how's that??LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 95 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Banana Cupcakes with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting
How to Make Cartocci
Learn to Make Stunning Edible Flower Lollipops
Make Oreos Even Better in 3 Minutes with This Oreo Dip Recipe
Decadent and Gluten-Free Donuts at Fonuts in LA
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...