A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,408
Currently Running With Scissors:
272 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 95
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DeStash-Along 2009  (Read 76174 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

I love Crazy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #280 on: January 18, 2009 09:47:20 PM »

I need to put pot holders on my wist list... FOR REALZ... you can't have enough AND I cant seem to find them that actually work awesomely!

I'm back from a long break. WOOT!
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #281 on: January 18, 2009 11:09:18 PM »

littlebiskit, I wanted to hone my crochet and knitting skills this  year, too.   I'd love to know more than one stitch in each.  It'd be great to know how to knit more than just scarves.  Your pot holder looks great.  Thanks for the link to the tut, I'm definately going to give it a try.

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #282 on: January 19, 2009 05:26:12 AM »

Happy to share!  Glad you guys liked it!   Cheesy

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
« Reply #283 on: January 19, 2009 05:48:53 AM »

I have used that potholder pattern before and its great. I also made some using that pattern but instead of closing it up, I left it opened and added a handle to make a really cute little girl's purse. I will have to try and find the photo but its from last year so I don't know if I still have it.

Everyone is doing great...and I am getting a ton of ideas for using up my stash of stuff. Smiley
« Reply #284 on: January 19, 2009 01:28:14 PM »

Would one have to worry about acrylic yarn melting when it comes into contact with hot cookie sheets and the like?  That was occasionally a problem with some old potholders we had that were made with polyester blend fabric, but acrylic yarn seems like it is made of sterner stuff.  If that's unlikely to be a problem, it looks like an interesting project for all the acrylic yarn that I don't quite have a use for.  I could use a change from charity afghan squares.

More insects to worry about

« Reply #285 on: January 19, 2009 01:40:09 PM »

Acrylic for potholders? I have heard a lot about it both ways.

When I was growing up, my mom was completely in love with the "new" acrylics - she used them for everything - we had no problems. I made little woven potholders - also synthetic materials - also no problems.

Then I started teaching knitting and the vocal opposition to acrylics started. I used only cotton or wool for potholders for many years after that.

Now? I am rethinking the thing. I have soooo much acrylic yarn, and my kids are all grown up, so YES, I will use my acrylics for potholders. 

I wouldn't recommend letting them stay in contact with a hot surface for too long, or be exposed to an open flame, but for a quick cookie sheet removal I think it would be OK.
« Reply #286 on: January 19, 2009 01:53:13 PM »

All right, I'll give it a shot.  The worse that can happen is some odd fumes.

On completely different note, I like your penguin!

More insects to worry about

« Reply #287 on: January 19, 2009 02:22:35 PM »

I like yours, too!  Grin Good luck with your potholders. I found a pattern and I may make a few tonight, too.
« Reply #288 on: January 19, 2009 04:43:21 PM »

Some one gave me these very ugly pleated shorts.

I took one look at them and said "hey they would like nice totoros. (i am thinking a totoro themed Christmas tree this year)
I am going away for a couple of days so I am hoping to make them up in the evenings once the kids have gone to bed. Also granny will be there to help entertain them as well.

My sister bought me back this totoro from japan last year. So I'll use it for inspiration.
Hopefully I'll have a whole bunch of totoros to show when I get back! Also a good tan (not likely though, I usually just go red and then peel) Cheesy

~*~*Come​ and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 19, 2009 05:22:51 PM »

A few things I've made so far. I have made more but don't have pics yet.

Cute bunny apron:

Dino grocery bag (folds up into pouch):

A few marble magnets:

My Wist!

50 in 2011
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 95 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...