A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 95
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DeStash-Along 2009  (Read 54429 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eukarya
Freelance Artist and Maker of Crafty Things

Crazy loves me!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008 09:14:09 AM »

Count me in!

I've got an unreal amount of miscellaneous craft supplies, because I'm constantly trying out new craft techniques. 

Last summer, I decided to start moving my craft supply overflow into the library/potential baby's room, since it looked like DH and I were going to have trouble making a baby.  Well you can guess what happened next.  I need to reduce the stash size so that it fits back into its intended space and my son can have his own room.  I've been very good about not buying many new supplies for most of this year, but I still need to reduce what I have by quite a bit. 

I think I may just try to devote a certain number of hours per week to crafting as some things may take 15 minutes and others will take 15+ hours. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2008 10:26:29 AM »

I'm totally in for this!  Especially since I finally was able to procure myself a craft table for my office and can leave my sewing machine set up there instead of having to drag it out to the dining table.  Plus I have 3 wedding quilts to finish/start/build, one of which is for a wedding that happened over a year ago, and all of which I have fabric sitting around for!  I'm a terrible friend.   Oh well, life has been a wreck for the last few years, and it's starting to settle down, so I can craft like mad now!  Thanks for starting this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Dor
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008 11:19:35 AM »

Great idea!  Maybe having accountability for posting my projects by the end of the month will give me that extra motivation to get some work done.  Count me in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
la_chrystelle
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008 12:28:29 PM »

I have huge stash of fabrics that better turn into something than lying in my closet so I am in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feelix

I love Crazy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008 03:00:50 PM »

Fabric is my addiction. I have Rubbermaids FULL of fabric waiting to be turned into something. I have a lot of cotton... (fabric of choice) and went through an upholstery phase and bought a lot! My favorite thing to make is tote bags. i can always use one, they are easy to make and when you have a unique one, you can tote it like a purse and people make comments asking where I got it... which always makes me happy cause I'm always looking to make a new friend!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back from a long break. WOOT!
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008 03:14:07 PM »

I unfortunately have rubbermade totes full of the SAME KIND of fabric.  When I was trying to build my stash this last year I saw a craigslist add for free fabric, so of course I went to go look.  It was a place that makes show horse blankets, and they had BOXES full of their scraps.  It's almost all moleskein(?) and this acrylic mesh stuff.  I figure the mesh will make really great shopping bags if I can find big enough pieces, and a good pattern.  We'll have to see.  I have BOXES full of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
feelix

I love Crazy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008 03:18:07 PM »

that's awesome.. that's how I acquired much fabric as well.

I just saw the 50 craft projects in a year thread - not many people followed through- I can't say I would do 50 craft projects but I like the idea of one a week.

I'm game if y'all are. I'm good when i have a time sensitive date (like swaps) or when I'm working along side some one.

we could also do fun things like tackiest craft week or new craft week... with each other.... tote bag week, tea totes or whatever (we all don't sew) but have a theme maybe? We could share patterns or idea? Just thinking and getting excited about getting rid of some of my stash for the good of the world....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back from a long break. WOOT!
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008 03:20:38 PM »

I know there was another craftalong that just had monthly themes like January would be... PURPLE, or something like that.  So at least one of the things we crafted would have to be purple. 

Anyone up for monthly guides like that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
JLMS
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008 03:22:27 PM »

I would not be ashamed! I am really envious of all your supplies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eukarya
Freelance Artist and Maker of Crafty Things

Crazy loves me!

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2008 03:36:40 PM »

For someone with limited sewing skills, I have a lot of fabric too!

In fact that's one of the things I need to get out of the baby's room...a tupperware full of fabric.

I love the idea of having some random themes like purple month or tea month. Smiley
I'm hoping that I can make up a bunch of things for my gift pantry (for when you need a gift and have no time to shop) and maybe put some things in my etsy. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 95 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Josie Brown Talks About Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives
Susie Essman Talks About What Would Susie Say
All the World Book Trailer
Sensing Spirit Book Trailer
Obama Diaries Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...