A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,224
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Featured Project badge of recognition? & Way to see which topics you've viewed?  (Read 968 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mintbamboo
« on: December 11, 2008 02:57:25 PM »

Yes, I have two suggestions Smiley

First:
   So it might just be me, but often I'll be looking at older projects and think they're fantastic and worthy of hitting "This Rocks!" Since it's old, though, I don't know if it has already been a featured project. I know with the old Craftster layout you could see all the featured projects, but I'm pretty sure you can't do that anymore (I could be wrong and oblivious - I only just realized last week that Craftster's background is meant to be a corkboard with thumbtacks). I don't want to clog up the "This Rocks!" thingamajig, especially if it's an older project.
   There are also times where I'll hit "This Rocks!" on a newer project that I've just come across, only to go to the homepage later and see that the project already currently is a featured project. Then I feel bad for clogging again.
I know some mods write a congratulatory post when a project is chosen, but this could be many pages into the reply that I don't necessarily get around to reading.
   Soooo, I think it would be mighty cool for the mods to put some sort of recognition at the end of the original post itself, so we all know that the fabulous project was once featured.

Second:
   Again, this might just bother me, or I might just be oblivious to an already existing feature (let me know!), but sometimes I'll be looking through topics on a board and see a name that looks like a really neat project and click on it, thinking it's something I haven't already seen, only to discover that I have indeed seen it before. Seeing the "New" button is often handy for determining which threads I haven't checked yet, but once I read through the posts and someone posts a new reply, the "new" button comes back. Something like the "Topic you have posted in" happy face would be handy, but perhaps a little check mark for topics you have viewed at least once? This way you would know straight off if you've already checked out a topic or not, and you can still click the "new" button to see posts you haven't yet read if you still want to look. This would be especially handy for the Craft Challenges. I like to look at every project so I can vote fairly, but I usually end up looking at some of them multiple times because I don't recognize the topic name or some of the names are similar and I can't remember which one I've already seen.

Just my two cents  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm your fool
Pearblossom
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009 10:33:37 AM »

I totally second both of these! Actually, for the second suggestion, I think having the new thumbnail 'preview' photos on the side really helps identify which posts we've read. I really really want the first suggestion, though. If we could have some kind of label on the post, or maybe a tag, it would help tremendously. I was also debating just a few minutes ago whether or not to press "This Rocks!" on a project because it was kind of an old post.

So, Featured Project Label! Please!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

car alarm = boy who cried wolf + amplification.
photojenn
Clothing Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009 11:38:54 AM »

The mods have started putting a 'featured project' tag on everything that has been featured (starting a couple months ago).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009 10:28:11 PM »

First:
   So it might just be me, but often I'll be looking at older projects and think they're fantastic and worthy of hitting "This Rocks!" Since it's old, though, I don't know if it has already been a featured project. I know with the old Craftster layout you could see all the featured projects, but I'm pretty sure you can't do that anymore (I could be wrong and oblivious - I only just realized last week that Craftster's background is meant to be a corkboard with thumbtacks). I don't want to clog up the "This Rocks!" thingamajig, especially if it's an older project.
   There are also times where I'll hit "This Rocks!" on a newer project that I've just come across, only to go to the homepage later and see that the project already currently is a featured project. Then I feel bad for clogging again.
I know some mods write a congratulatory post when a project is chosen, but this could be many pages into the reply that I don't necessarily get around to reading.
   Soooo, I think it would be mighty cool for the mods to put some sort of recognition at the end of the original post itself, so we all know that the fabulous project was once featured.

Hi there!

We are already doing this for new featured projects (probably the last 3 - 5 batches have been done) and we're going back in time to apply it to all of the older featured projects, but it will take some time.  If you look at the top of a thread, there is a section called "Tags for this thread"  If it's been a featured project, it will have the tag "featured project" in that section.

You can also go to the Tag Cloud here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=tags, click Featured Projects and see everything we have tagged so far:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=tags;sa=showtopics;tag=featured_project

I hope this helps! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Using the Zoom Tool
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Adjusting Page Size
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Fixing Dependencies Manually
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Fixing Dependencies Automatically
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Opening Files
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...