A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anybody up for a Spring Meetup in Royal Oak?  (Read 8716 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2009 09:43:38 AM »

Oh.. I'll PM AsphaltQueen with a number too! I'm still not sure, but I'm hopign I can actually book a day off (oh, such a cheater Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2009 10:42:02 AM »

Thanks, guys, got both your numbers. Oh la la, lookie me! Where's my little black book?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

captainmarla
coffee fiend/capslock connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2009 02:02:59 PM »

Hey guys! I just signed up for Craftster today and immediately saw this thread, which is awesome because the boy and I live right at 11 mile and Main St. in downtown R.O.! I messaged AsphaltQueen and gave her my number, and I'll definitely be there on the 18th! I think we should definitely make a stop at LiFT, the designer toy shop, if even just to look at everything. If anyone in Royal Oak ever wants to meet up on a random day, I'm probably at Leo's and definitely need to make some crafty friends, as I'm new to the area!
By the way, the name's Marla <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imthecutest81
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2009 07:39:21 AM »

Hello Marla!!  Welcome to Craftster!!  It is an awesomely great crafty way to waste time and get inspiration throughout the day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Jessica~
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2009 11:05:11 AM »

Hey guys! I just signed up for Craftster today and immediately saw this thread, which is awesome because the boy and I live right at 11 mile and Main St. in downtown R.O.! I messaged AsphaltQueen and gave her my number, and I'll definitely be there on the 18th! I think we should definitely make a stop at LiFT, the designer toy shop, if even just to look at everything. If anyone in Royal Oak ever wants to meet up on a random day, I'm probably at Leo's and definitely need to make some crafty friends, as I'm new to the area!
By the way, the name's Marla <3

I love that toy store!!  AQ, that is where I got your bizzaregoyle!

Marla, are they cool with knitting at Leo's?  I knit sometimes at the Caribou coffee shop on Main, but people are always giving me stupid looks.  Plus, everyone is always yelling into cellphones there.

Would it help everyone if I get the address to the yarn shop?  then everyone can mapquest it?  Royal Oak is pretty easy to get to...right off of 696 or 75.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
SevsOnlyGirl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2009 01:24:05 PM »

yes, please, an address would be lovely. Smiley

AsphaltQueen - I'm pm'ing you my info!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
captainmarla
coffee fiend/capslock connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2009 11:13:31 PM »

I love that toy store!!  AQ, that is where I got your bizzaregoyle!

Marla, are they cool with knitting at Leo's?  I knit sometimes at the Caribou coffee shop on Main, but people are always giving me stupid looks.  Plus, everyone is always yelling into cellphones there.

LiFT is absolutely amazing. I've never bought anything there, unfortunately, but I know the kid who works there. Very nice guy!

If they're cool with expansive comic drawing between tables, I'm sure they'd be cool with knitting! No screaming into cellphones, either. Why would people give you stupid looks?! They're the crazy ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhooker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2009 10:21:32 AM »

Ok here it is:

Ewe-Nique Knits
515 S Lafayette Ave # E
Royal Oak, MI 48067
(248) 584-3001

Here's a link to a little map (I hope this works!):
http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4DKUS_enUS294US294&q=ewenique+knits+royal+oak+mi&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl&ei=j7qyScOrDNC5tweggMXDBw&oi=property_suggestions&resnum=0&ct=property-revision&cd=1
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tamilyn
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2009 01:33:51 PM »

Okay I'm in, but is this a "knitter's thang?" Cause I am not a knitter. I've been to Ewenique with my college daughter who knits. But, I'm afraid yarny stuff is probably the only craft I can't get the hang of. LOL It's one of those crafts I've decided is best left to the pros.

I'll still PM my name and number to AQ. I'd really like to meet up with some local crafters. Whatever their speciality!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhooker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2009 03:06:23 PM »

Nope!  totally not a knitters only thing!  I just thought it would be easiest to meet at the yarn shop because it is right across the street from a nice big parking structure, and they don't mind having a bunch of people waiting around for everyone to show up!!

We're also talking about going to the "paint your own pottery" place  http://www.creativeartsstudios.com/...and you can do glass fusing or beading there too, not just painting pottery.  We were also thinking about a tea tasting (free...working this out!) at GoldFish Tea  http://www.goldfishtea.com/retailstore.asp , and I totally just talked to the employees at Gayle's Chocolates  http://www.gayleschocolates.com/index.php  and they said that we could come on in!  They make homemade (like from actual chocolate, not powder or syrup) hot cocoa, and check out the website to see the fantastic stuff they do with chocolate!  That place is like Willy Wonka's factory!  The lady also said I could "taste test" whatever I wanted from the bins of candies...you can't argue with that kind of salesmanship....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Beaded Christmas Tree Pendant
How to Make a Scene Hair Bow
How to Make an Olympic Torch
How to Make a Crown
How to Crochet a Shell Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...