A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 301,523
Currently Running With Scissors:
733 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anybody up for a Spring Meetup in Royal Oak?  (Read 9420 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2009 08:13:48 PM »

I just got an invitation to do a juried art/craft show in East Lansing... on April 18! Are you kidding me?!?

Alas, I'll be responding to the kind woman who invited me that I have a prior commitment. Grin

If I had done a craft show before (or did jewelry for more than just crafting cash), I might do this one, but I've really only swapped my goodies here and I've only been selling for a few weeks on etsy. So the whole "show" thing is a little intimidating. Plus, I'd have to really just make jewelry for the next few weeks to build up enough stock to make a craft show worth it. And I REALLY wanna meet up with all you Crafty McCraftsters (especially you, Superhooker, since you weren't able to come to the one in Frankenmuth). Wink

Still, I was pretty geeked just to be invited. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2009 02:58:58 AM »

tamilyn - you aren't much older than me and you're younger than my aunt, so you'll be just fine! Cheesy  The rest of these gals may be young'uns, but I'm one of the older chicks. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2009 06:49:51 AM »

I just got an invitation to do a juried art/craft show in East Lansing... on April 18! Are you kidding me?!?

Alas, I'll be responding to the kind woman who invited me that I have a prior commitment. Grin

If I had done a craft show before (or did jewelry for more than just crafting cash), I might do this one, but I've really only swapped my goodies here and I've only just started selling my jewelry. So the whole "show" thing is a little intimidating. Plus, I'd have to really just make jewelry for the next few weeks to build up enough stock to make a craft show worth it. And I REALLY wanna meet up with all you Crafty McCraftsters (especially you, Superhooker, since you weren't able to come to the one in Frankenmuth). Wink

Still, I was pretty geeked just to be invited. Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2009 11:35:25 AM »

That's really awesome, AsphaltQueen!  When you get some inventory and stuff built up, I bet you could do one of the craft festivals in EL that they have in the summer.  Your stuff is KILLER!!!

I'm so glad that a bunch of people can come.  I've been thinking of where would be good to meet up.  Would the yarn shop be good?  It is right near a parking structure (pretty much the best/only parking in RO), and they ladies don't mind us being there at all.  They also have free coffee and tea, and neato stuff to look at.  They open at 10am on Saturdays.

Let me know what you guys think.  They have 2 seperate spaces in the shop...one that they use for classes  and spinning stuff and Noro...and it has tables and the coffee and everything in there, so we wouldn't be in the way over there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2009 12:09:55 PM »

That sounds good to me!  Just tell me what time and where to be and I'll figure it out.  Also, just in case I get lost (which I do) I might want someone's phone number.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2009 12:15:00 PM »

If people are interested, I'm willing to put together a list of phone numbers for those who plan to attend. I could just have everyone pm me with their craftster name, real name and phone number. Then I'd compile the information and pm it to everyone.

And I'm down with meeting at the yarn shop. Grin

Also, do we have any spinners coming? I've got a drop spindle and roving, but I think I need some help with drafting. Maybe I could bring my stuff with me? I've got at least one extra drop spindle and could bring extra roving to share.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2009 12:21:39 PM »

I can bring my drop spindle, but I'm really not any good with it.

The yarn shop sounds fine to me, provided someone is kind enough to post some sort of map link so I know where it is (asking around at the Zoo for the yarn shop is going to make me look really silly).  Grin If it's already been posted (and it very well could be; my brain is kind of mushy from too much stress/too little sleep), disregard that.  Smiley

Grats on the invite, AsphaltQueen!  Too bad they have bad timing (it's totally their fault, right?)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
ABAm517
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2009 12:28:48 PM »

oh crap.  I wanted to come too! but i'll be helping my friend do the show in lansing on the 18th ya!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2009 07:41:51 PM »

I'd like to come, but I possibly have work on that day.  I got a drop spindle in a swap, but havent had a chance yet to play with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
imthecutest81
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2009 06:03:30 AM »

I am down for a little Phone Number list.  I will PM Asphaltqueen in a minute.

I have no idea what a drop spindle even is. Huh

The yarn store sounds good to me.  I would love to check out some new yarn and fun stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Jessica~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Audio Speakers Installed in Hollowed Tree Trunks
Upside Down Fan Built Using a Helicopter
The Freedom Tower Rises: Rebuilding 1 World Trade Center
The Bay Bridge LED Project
Tapping the Crowd to Design a New Kind of Retirement Home
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...