A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,272
Currently Running With Scissors:
383 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stuffed Animal Dump-Manitou, Faery Pets, Cuddle Bunnies, and Sailor Moon!  (Read 1753 times)
Tags for this thread: stuffed_animal , stuffie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bellalupina
« on: December 10, 2008 06:12:24 AM »

I've been slacking off posting her for a long time because I've been so busy crafting!  I recently did a craft fair which was what most of my preparation was for, and I thought I'd share some of what I made for that as well as my other projects.

Manitou-Big Grey (his bio from my deviantART):

"Manitou" is an Algonquian word designating spirits, often nature or earth spirits. I first came across the word in Charled de Lint's book "Forests of the Heart." This book encompasses so many of my favorite mythological creatures (some of which I have tattooed on me!), and the manitou in particular caught my attention. In the book they appear as men with stag antlers and arise to protect the land of their people.

I bought this amazing grey faux fur the other day and knew I had to make something special out of it. Initially I wanted to make a wolf (still may at some point), but when I started drawing up the pattern, I came out with this guy instead. He's part bear and part stag, with antlers made of felt as well as little paw pads and a tail on back. This was my first attempt at using safety eyes, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

For the moment he is known only as "Big Grey" until a better name reveals itself. He stands about 1 1/2 feet tall and is unbelievably soft. I am quite fond of him already, and oddly enough my friend knew just what he was without any explanation. Smiley His details were sewn by hand and then the main seam was done on my newly fixed (and then re-broken :/) machine. I hope to make him some friends in the near future.

The Cuddle Bunnies!

These guys are what I call "cuddle bunnies," and they are a modification of sorts of my Totoro pattern. I wanted to make something with a simple shape that I could customize with different things, so the bunnies were born. The two shown here are the love bunny and the autumn bunny. I also have a rainy day bunny (with umbrella and rain drops).

Faery Pets

These guys were my biggest seller, apparently they were a big hit with the kids!  I personally think they are adorable, and I'm not entirely upset that I came home with a few. Smiley

These guys are a modification of my original Ludo patter, but they are smaller and a little more simplified. I have dubbed them "Faery Pets," and there a little back story for them that hasn't been written yet. Smiley Each little guy except the orange one is made of faux fur and felt. The orange guy is made of felt and some crazy-colored cotton fabric. All the pets have wings and tails on back (as shown by one of the pictures) and were sewn entirely by hand.

And finally a pillow version of Luna from Sailor Moon:

A good friend of mine turned 18 recently and I wanted to give her something special when we get together this weekend. I recently found out she is a big Sailor Moon fan (as am I) so I decided to put this black faux fur to good use! The face detail and the ears (felt) were sewn by hand and then the main stitching was done on my newly fixed (and then re-broken :/) machine. She is stuffed with poly fill, and measures about 15" long.

Thoughts/comments?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack." ~Rudyard Kipling

http://moonlit0wolfess.deviantart.com/

www.myspace.com/katherineelisemusic

I do personal swaps!
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008 08:35:24 AM »

I absolutly adore the faery friends! They are so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bellalupina
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008 08:59:14 PM »

I absolutly adore the faery friends! They are so cute!

Thank you!  I think they are just the right balance of ugly and cute, or perhaps so ugly they are cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack." ~Rudyard Kipling

I do personal swaps!
AniMei
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008 01:55:15 PM »

LOVE the Luna pillow!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bellalupina
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008 03:22:56 PM »

LOVE the Luna pillow!!

Thanks!  I kind of wanted to keep it for myself, but it was her birthday... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!
Kellibeans
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008 04:07:45 PM »

The faery friends remind me of the little monsters from Where the Wild Things Are.
Love 'em! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bellalupina
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008 05:31:56 PM »

The faery friends remind me of the little monsters from Where the Wild Things Are.
Love 'em! Grin

Hehe, you're the second person to say that!  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Look Beautifully Barefaced
Best Holiday Nail Polishes
3 Holiday Inspired DIY Beauty Treatments
Stars Shine Bright at the Diamond Ball
NYE Makeup Tutorial With MakeUpbyLilit
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...