A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,958
Currently Running With Scissors:
837 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: one sheet, my laundry closet and avoiding finals.  (Read 2058 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vertigoat
« on: December 08, 2008 04:32:22 PM »

I inherited all of my mom's fabric which was super heavy on the florals, pastels and lace bits and bobs.. i gave her such a bad time about it and now i'm in withdrawal, i don't want to study for finals, and this is what i alternated polisci and business law with-

why does a skirt go under Home- complete projects? because it's the skirt to wear while doing laundry at the laundry closet-

i can empty the pockets into the matching catch all bin, iron it on either of the matching ironing boards, and after i wash it i can dry it and snag clothes pins out of the matching bags hanging in the laundry closet

i can leave handy little notes up with my rose magnets, and i have a curtain hiding the ecologically unsafe bleach i just accidentally admitted to owning.

ok, i know it really is all in all pretty dorky. but wow one sheet went a long ways. i have done very very very few crafting projects in the last half decade and it's really nice to just not care if it's dorky, or bad, and just do it and make something and toss it later if it sucks.. if that makes any sense..? i really enjoyed myself. not my taste, my style or well done.. but gosh golly i had -fun-

i also made sure no bit of ribbon went lonely without beads. lol. it really was just dorky fun..
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008 04:42:40 PM by vertigoat » THIS ROCKS   Logged
myfairytalescomingtrue
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008 06:20:44 PM »

Everything looks pretty!  I am impressed with how many things you came up with to make in order to avoid studying...I am avoiding finishing Christmas quilts right now...  ;-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Store - Fantastic Fabrics at Discount Prices
http://www.JeLowe.etsy.com

My Blog
http://jelowe.blogspot.com/
dancindharma
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008 10:07:14 AM »

You certainly got a lot of use out of one sheet!!  Thats great!!  Best of luck with your finals! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenn Smiley

My friend, Emily, is giving away free lesson on how to make a boutique girls hair bow.  Get your free hairbow lesson at http://www.LearnHowToMakeBows.com

Submit Your Craft Video and Win $300.00
http://www.CraftsContest.weebly.com
tamilyn
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008 01:24:18 PM »

LOL I laughed when sais you were avoiding finals. Because, I have been finding things to do all day to "avoid" wrapping gifts or finishing Christmas cards. Too bad I wasn't feeling clever like you though! You did very well with one sheet. You might say, "That's a lotta sheet in your laundry closet!"

Anyway, dorky fun is just as good as any other kind of fun. For that matter, aren't we crafters just this side of dorky anyway? It's what keeps us crafty. If we thought like normal people, we'd be studying for exams and wrapping our Christmas gifts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hjcw
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009 09:28:02 PM »

pretty!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 7/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 8/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 2/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 4/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 0/8
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...