A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 306,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Easy Peanut Butter Cookies  (Read 7314 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kirdy79

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2005 10:34:30 AM »

Ok so if you like peanut butter cookies you MUST try this simple 4 ingredient recipe. I whip them up all the time for my boy--when we are craving something sweet this hits the spot!

1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Put sugar in mixing bowl and PB on top and mix together. Then add egg and vanilla. Mix until well blended.

Roll in 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with fork.  Bake for 8-12 minutes on top rack, depending on your oven. Remove from oven, let cool for 1 minute and remove cookies to wax paper. Enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

**Kristin
Val
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005 09:06:39 PM »

I wish I had found this forum a few weeks ago, I had a jar of peanut butter just past it's use by date, I could have really used this recipe lol. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Idigmusic

Did I hear a niner in there?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005 09:46:39 AM »

AH! I have been using this recipe for years!!! It is truly the easiest & most delicous pb cookie recipe ever!! It also awesome with choco chips mixed in or with diff nut butters, like cashew butter!! MMMMM, cookies...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When the only tool you have is a hammer,
everything looks like a nail"
cowsgoMOO
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005 05:45:58 PM »

how many cookies does it make?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit.

"No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."
kirdy79

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005 07:06:49 AM »

i know it is really the simplest recipe ever! it's hard to believe that such a simple recipe with such few ingredients would make such a delicious cookie!

when i found the recipe in  a cookbook it said it made something like 3 dozen i think? but i have never gotten it to make that much. I roll it in about 1" balls and i'd say it usually makes about 2 -2 1/2 dozen. I put about 4 rows of 3 per cookie sheet and bake the two sheets at the same time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

**Kristin
pumpkinbear
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005 07:21:20 AM »

I made this cookie recipie yesterday. Delish! I used a combo of honey and Splenda instead of the sugar, and I thought it turned out excellently. Did anybody else eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches as a child? My husband claims to have eaten peanut butter, honey, and pretzel sandwiches.

I also didn't add the vanilla, due to the fact that I don't actually have any. I've noticed vanilla in tons of recipes, but I never put it in. What's it for? Just flavor?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FluffyMonkey
i feel my fate in what i cannot fear

The creative mind plays with what it loves

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005 08:43:54 AM »

mmmm, and the best thing about them is that they're gluten free--a must for me. i've made these a lot. try reducing the sugar just a tiny bit and putting in chocolate chips. very nice.

fluffy monkey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."
~Yaldah Tovah

On Ravelry! Look me up; there I'm baela.
Idigmusic

Did I hear a niner in there?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005 04:43:14 PM »

I use the splenda for baking in them now & they taste just as good!!
Did anybody else eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches as a child? My husband claims to have eaten peanut butter, honey, and pretzel sandwiches.

Yes! I actually had it on graham crackers...mmmm....

I also didn't add the vanilla, due to the fact that I don't actually have any. I've noticed vanilla in tons of recipes, but I never put it in. What's it for? Just flavor?
Yes vanilla adds a great extra flavor!! Once you try something with vanilla, you will notice a difference!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When the only tool you have is a hammer,
everything looks like a nail"
kirdy79

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005 11:29:55 AM »

I made this cookie recipie yesterday. Delish! I used a combo of honey and Splenda instead of the sugar, and I thought it turned out excellently. Did anybody else eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches as a child? My husband claims to have eaten peanut butter, honey, and pretzel sandwiches.

I told you that you'd like it! actually started making them this way in home economics and forgot about the recipe and then came across it again a few weeks ago in a fundraiser cookbook that i purchased.

As far as the honey and peanut butter sandwiches, that is so funny that you said that, because a coworker was JUST telling me yesterday about how he loves pb and honey sandwiches on wheat bread. he swears by it and said that it is the best when you put it on wheat and toast the bread before spreading the pb and honey on. i went to try it yesterday morning for breakfast but my honey was crystallized  and i was running too late to mess with it, but i'm going to try it this weekend.

For the record i am obsessed with peanut butter. i usually eat pb on toast for breakfast and lots of days bring pb or pb and j sandwiches for lunch. lucky for me pb is one of the FEW fattening things that are actually pretty good for you!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

**Kristin
GraceyAli

Run Wild, Run Free!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005 03:12:36 PM »

What did you use with the honey and splenda?  I was thinking of doing that too.  I just love peanut butter and honey sandwiches on whole wheat fresh bread.  I grew up eating that for lunch at school.  LOL! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Spicy White Bean Dip
And the sun is still here...
@Home This Weekend: Stenciled Table

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...