A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,628
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lots of new projects :) [Img Happy] - updated with scarf pattern  (Read 2910 times)
Tags for this thread: scarf , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ninjanator
« on: December 08, 2008 08:29:39 AM »

Hey everyone Smiley

So I haven't posted here in a while 'cause I was too lazy to take pictures. I finally did today, and this is what I've been making for the past couple weeks/months

bag for a personal swap:

hat that I made for myself, but mom stole:

the following couple of things I made with the intention of wearing/giving away to friends, but because they were either too small, or because I don't wear scarves anymore (go cowls Cheesy) They're up for personal swaps if anyone's interested (they've never been worn). Just pm me ^^

beanie:

(this is pretty small so probably for a child under 5 or 6)

scarflette (will add buttons later):

scarf (scroll down for pattern):

I love this scarf, but like I said, I don't wear them much anymore 'cause I like cowls better Smiley

hat (from here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=135799.0):

some might recall this hat, but I made it a little too small for my head Sad so I can't wear it and my bro refuses to because it's too girly >_>

Anywhos, all of these were freehanded with the exception of the last hat and the blue, purple scarf. If you have any questions, let me know Smiley
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008 10:13:43 AM by ninjanator » THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008 09:46:35 AM »

I love the blue/purple scarf. It's great. Where did you get the pattern form if I may ask?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lucy_Stardust
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008 10:24:25 AM »

i like all your projects very cute !! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

pug hugs

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008 11:34:01 AM »

The color combo on the scarf is really nice.  What is that pattern you used called? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_In search of Simply Knitting magazines with Alan Dart patterns.  If you have any I'll swap ya for them!

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
wickedtoxic
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008 11:38:17 AM »

The gray hat is awesome looking. I really like it. That is something my boyfriend would wear. He really likes the beanie-type hats with the little bill. By any chance do you have a pattern for that or could you tell me where to find a pattern like that? I would really love to make one of them. Who knows maybe two (one for him and one for me! Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
astormorray
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008 12:09:42 PM »

wisting the bag.  nice!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninjanator
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008 01:34:21 PM »

I just looked in my crochet folder (lol I keep all my crafts organized like that Tongue) and found this pattern for the purple, blue, and white scarf (I basically just wrote one up based on this stitch I saw in an online library):

Base Chain: multiples of 16 chains + 1 (colour A)

Row 1: sc in all chain stitches + 1 chain stitch (colour A)

Row 2: sc *(sc, cs, hdc, cs, dc, cs, tc, cs, tc, cs, dc, cs, hdc, cs, sc, sc) cs (colour B)

Row 3: sc in all chain stitches + cs (colour B)

Row 4: sc in all chain stitches + 5 cs (colour A)

Row 5: *(tc, cs, dc, cs, hdc, cs, 3 sc, cs, hdc, cs, dc, cs, tc, cs) -> dont cs for the last loop do a tc instead + cs (colour C)

Row 6: sc + cs (colour C)

Row 7: sc + cs (colour A)

Repeat rows 2 to 7 until desired width

All the +cs or +5cs at the end of each row are done in the colour of the next row

Abbreviations (american):

sc = single crochet
cs = chain stitch
tc = treble crochet
hdc = half double crochet
dc = double crochet

For the grey beanie hat bill one, I basically did a regular beanie (basically increasing your stitches until it fits the top of your head, you can find a pattern for it here: http://www.yarncat.com/MFH-Basic-Crown.html) and then I stopped increasing, and did repetitions of 4 back post stitches with 1 front post stitch for I think 4 rows (it looks like it in the pic) and then just did regular double crochet stitches.

For the bill, I did separately and just tried to make a half circle shape and then sewed it with yarn on the inside of the beanie, as well as on the outer edge Smiley

If anyone has any questions about it, let me know.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008 01:37:36 PM by ninjanator » THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
bigwdy27
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008 03:24:26 PM »

i like all of your projects. nice work. especially the ripply scarf and the bag. Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"mama can u help me find my green army man? last place i saw him was on the light bulb"  what!!!
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008 09:11:23 AM »

I just looked in my crochet folder (lol I keep all my crafts organized like that Tongue) and found this pattern for the purple, blue, and white scarf (I basically just wrote one up based on this stitch I saw in an online library):

Base Chain: multiples of 16 chains + 1 (colour A)

Row 1: sc in all chain stitches + 1 chain stitch (colour A)

Row 2: sc *(sc, cs, hdc, cs, dc, cs, tc, cs, tc, cs, dc, cs, hdc, cs, sc, sc) cs (colour B)

Row 3: sc in all chain stitches + cs (colour B)

Row 4: sc in all chain stitches + 5 cs (colour A)

Row 5: *(tc, cs, dc, cs, hdc, cs, 3 sc, cs, hdc, cs, dc, cs, tc, cs) -> dont cs for the last loop do a tc instead + cs (colour C)

Row 6: sc + cs (colour C)

Row 7: sc + cs (colour A)

Repeat rows 2 to 7 until desired width

All the +cs or +5cs at the end of each row are done in the colour of the next row

Abbreviations (american):

sc = single crochet
cs = chain stitch
tc = treble crochet
hdc = half double crochet
dc = double crochet

For the grey beanie hat bill one, I basically did a regular beanie (basically increasing your stitches until it fits the top of your head, you can find a pattern for it here: http://www.yarncat.com/MFH-Basic-Crown.html) and then I stopped increasing, and did repetitions of 4 back post stitches with 1 front post stitch for I think 4 rows (it looks like it in the pic) and then just did regular double crochet stitches.

For the bill, I did separately and just tried to make a half circle shape and then sewed it with yarn on the inside of the beanie, as well as on the outer edge Smiley

If anyone has any questions about it, let me know.

how sweet of you to post it like that! You should edit your title to show you added the pattern so others can find it. I'm going to save it now I think my sister might like it. But I may keep it for myself! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rynimari
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008 12:53:40 PM »

looooooooove the gray hat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ETSY: http://lolomari.etsy.com/
BLOG: http://lolomari.wordpress.com/
WIST: http://wists.com/lolomari/
Nobody gets in to see the wizard. Not nobody. Not no how.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Fashion Looks For Only $80
2013 Summer Swimsuit Fashion
5 New Ways To Wear A Little Black Dress
Eva Longoria Shares Her Styling Tip To Look Slim
#CandidlyNicole Deleted Scene: The World Is Watching
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...