A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,339
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Needle Roll (pic heavy)  (Read 1040 times)
Tags for this thread: gifts_for_knitters  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

m0rbidm00n
« on: December 07, 2008 02:00:44 PM »

SOOoooo.. I've always been a big crafter type of person. When I was little I sewed a lot, when I hit my teens I learned how to crochet and knit, and for Christmas this year I asked my husband for a sewing machine. And then demanded that he give it to me a month early. Whatever Smiley.. anyway, I've made a few things (namely for the dog) to just get back into the groove of using a machine (it's been about five years since I moved out of my mom's house and used hers).. but I'm beyond proud to show off my first really nice finished object.

Something I've been dying for, for YEARS now, A NEEDLE ROLL! Woo! Smiley It took me from the first cut of fabric until it was finished about a total of 8 hours. Three of those hours were spent ripping seams that I accidentally sewed, but either way, considering how it turned out I'm really happy. It was based loosely on the pattern here http://alexandrasknits.blogspot.com/2006/01/tutorial-alexandras-needle-case.html, but since I detest following patterns I adapted it for a little more color and pattern variation in general.

Piecing things together...

ALMOST THERE ugh!

The inside finished

The outside finished

A closeup of some of the alterations I made.. instead of doing a normal binding I sewed some of the 'main' contrasting color for the edge on both sides. I think it looks really nice.

Another closeup, this time of the inside. Some of the stitching and the flap.

All rolled up!

Putting the stuff inside..

And of course my puppy wanted to "help" (her idea of helping is sitting in the middle.. I had to move her several times and she got mad!)

I haven't put any ties on it yet because I'm debating what kind to do. I have some ribbon that I might use, but I thought it might also be a kinda cool idea to knit and icord or just crochet some chains to tie it all up. Overall, it was a fun project that wasn't too difficult for an experienced beginner. I made mistakes, and if I were to sew one of these again someday I definitely know what I would do differently. Anyway, hope you like it, cause I do! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soledad
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008 03:35:19 PM »

Whatever you choose to tye it ,  it's a love needle roll. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get an Old Hollywood Glamour Side Part
How to French Braid
How to Do a Headband Braid
How to Do a Kinky Twist
How to Fake Side-Swept Bangs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...