A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any One in Springfield  (Read 1502 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

snowpeaonthevine
« on: December 05, 2008 08:46:43 PM »

Hi, I do all kinds of crafts,sewing,quilting,makeing dolls plus more..I am new to Missouri and really dont know where to go to get some good deals on materials to make different things.Thrift stores ect. Does any one the names of places to go..I am open to any places to buy things.

Hope someone out there can help me..Also I am looking for classes or even if any of you guys get together and meet. If there is nothing like that would any one like to get together.

I would like to get a group together and meet a couple days out of the month.Does any one have any Ideas..would like to here them if anyone is interested in doing this kind of thing.

Hope to hear from some one out there
Carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ManiacChick
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008 06:28:14 PM »

Hey I don't live in springfeild but i go there to shop. ANyways one of the best in springfeild of course is hobby lobby or joanns though Joanns tends to be more expensive on things sometimes such as sculpey. also some of the dollar store around ther have really good craft sections. Welcome to Missouri!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cosyjo
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009 04:35:24 PM »

On the corner of Sunshine and Freemont is a store called FM it looks like a dump but once you go in you'll have a really hard time leaving. there is everything there and it's cheap. A real dream store........try it you'll love it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ozarkcat
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009 12:23:27 PM »

I totally agree about the FM store - it ROCKS! I prefer Hobby Lobby to Hancock's or Joanne's because they tend to have both better everyday prices and bigger sales for the most part. They've also got a lot bigger supply on types of crafts/arts, rather than just what's popular at the moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cathi

We do personal swaps:
Handmade soaps, candles, fiber art, and more:
http://mistymanormercers.com/
lylacfey
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009 10:59:24 PM »

I live by the FM store & never have been.  Drool ladies, I live by all the crafting stores, lol.  I love it.  My Mom went to the FM store the other day & bought me the most beautiful fabric.  I really need to go.

I love Hancock's, especially at night.  The night staff are just sweeties.  JoAnn's is one of my haunts but I hardly buy fabric there.  Hobby Lobby has been getting some cute things in but it's so limited.  I blow insane amount of money in that store.  I stick with Michael's because there is no fabric. Smiley 

Don't forget WalMart. All of them, except South Campbell, are still carrying fabric.  Some of it is at JoAnn's for one half cheaper.

I wish there were crafting get together here.  I would be the first in line.  Either everyone is hiding or I am missing something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
ozarkcat
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009 08:23:00 AM »

Well, we sometimes do workdays at our farm where folks can bring whatever projects they're working on/want to learn about/etc. We don't have any scheduled at the moment due to impending graduation (one more week - yaaaay!!!!!) but will probably schedule some after that. They'll probably show up on our website at www.mistymanormercers.com. I'll try to keep folks posted here, as well. Would that help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cathi

We do personal swaps:
Handmade soaps, candles, fiber art, and more:
http://mistymanormercers.com/
lylacfey
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009 12:44:35 PM »

That does help.  You have a nice website. I found another store yesterday that has the most beautiful beads.  It's the Bead Gallery on Glenstone across the street from Subway.  The owner is a real sweetheart.  The beads were priced great. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
shelina
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009 02:58:44 PM »

Does anyone know of any good places in Springfield that I can sale my handmade items or a place to get a booth?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dark.star.88

Design is where science and art break even.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009 01:00:13 PM »

Just moved to Springfield as well! I'm in college going for a Art and Design degree. The FM Store does it sale good vintage fabric? or what does it have all in it!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it loses all of its meaning" - Andy Warhol

Swaps:
Post Secret Rd. 9 - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Disposable Camera Rd. 6 - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Altering Paper Crafts Supply Swap - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Art Journal Page - GOOD FEEDBACK
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Little Mix Exclusive Available For the iPad!
Beauty Haul: Beach Bag Must-Haves
AnnaSophia Robb Talks About Her Prom!
Christie Teaches You How to Sculpt Your Cheeks & Nose
Seventeen Reader Erin Get a Makeover For Prom
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...