A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
486 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cameron's Pokemon Master Ball Hat  (Read 3843 times)
Tags for this thread: pokemon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

otakufemme
« on: December 04, 2008 09:27:57 PM »

This is a hat I made for my brother Cameron. He's 9 and loves Pokemon. So he asked me to crochet him a Master Ball hat. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, (and I had to refresh my memory since it's been, oh, years, since I've watched Pokemon religiously) a Master Ball is the Poke ball with the ability to capture any Pokemon without fail. In the original series you could only have one, but I think that's changed since I've watched the show.

Anyway, the entire hat is crocheted with the top bubbles stuffed with cotton stuffing and sewn to the top. The circle on the front is made separately then sewn to the front. I had found a site with patterns for making block letters, but they didn't work out too well-so I made a long chain, single crocheted once down, then shaped it into an "M" and sewed it to the top center. I was able to make the whole thing in 1 night-I think about 1-2 hours was the longest I worked. I did the "M" the next day though, but that's didn't take but 5 minutes to do.

Here's what it ended up looking like. I think it's pretty close to the original with what I had to work with.

Here is the inset of the "M"

I really hope he likes it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
metalpunkmonster
obsessive crocheter

Mmmmm... Yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008 09:38:18 PM »

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  when i saw this on the home page i immediately recognized it and had to suppress squeals of delight.  your brother is gonna love it!  heck, i love it and i'm 24!!!

i love how the pink things on the side look like ears lol.  you did an amazing job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make crafts and people. Also crafts for said people.
mrsatama
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008 12:19:05 AM »

Ive never been a fan of pokemon but for what it is and what its suppose to look you did a great job.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ninjanator
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008 08:49:58 AM »

wow that's amazing Smiley my bro's a big fan of pokemon as well but I don't think he'll ever wear a pokeball hat D: since his "peer pressure induced image" overtakes the whole "wow that's so friggin' cool and original" thing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
otakufemme
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008 11:13:44 AM »

Thanks guys! I'm really surprised my bro wanted to wear something like this too but I guess it's still cool in his age range.

I'm just really glad it came out like it was supposed to. The whole imagining it in your head and final process usually don't end up in the same place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Weeny
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008 06:19:13 PM »

Your hat is really cool but I want that head you have it on where did you get it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Act always as if the future of the universe depended on what you did, while laughing at yourself for thinking that whatever you do makes any difference"
otakufemme
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008 07:17:14 PM »

I actually found the model head at Pier 1. A friend of mine suggested it to me when I was trying to find a model for my Etsy store. And they're cheap as he11 too! If it's still the same amount, they're only $10-$15 each.

I'm getting ready to get a second one when I get a chance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Messy Wet Look Hair
The Knot: A Great Hairstyle You Can Do At Home
The Right Way To Tease Your Hair: Hair Tips
Party Hair for Every Length
Short Hair Trend Taking Over Hollywood
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...