A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,215
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: (Old Fashioned) Random Swap 2009 (Closed) Send out 2/11/09  (Read 19517 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: December 21, 2008 07:44:49 PM »

If you love me, you'll send yarn! Grin Can a girl ever have too much yarn? I mean really!

If I have a legitimate reason to obtain a large amount of yarn, what can anyone say really? So, we're in a yarn challenge then?

Is that a hint that you want yarn in your swap package?  Cheesy  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
SnapsAndDrangons
Snaps And Dragons

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: December 21, 2008 08:10:29 PM »

i am so sad that i missed this swap. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pay no attention to me dancing with my girl, we have every intention of being failures in this world.

My Small Wists  http://wists.com/sarahelizroberts
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #162 on: December 21, 2008 08:19:30 PM »

Alright, I'm procrastinating about going to bed, but I'm too sleepy to knit properly. So... I took photos of my yarn to share with y'all.  Grin

My tower of yarn (named by my supportive-yet-eye-rolling-husband). It's taller than me - that's a tote bag in the corner for reference. And, yes, it's roughly color-coded. (Except for the top bin, which ends up being the "the-regular-bin-for-this-color-is-too-full" bin.)

Next up is my craft closet which hides all the other yarn I can't fit into my tower of yarn. And, obviously, a lot of other crafty supplies. (Note the lovely roving from lapoli hanging from the closet door - I've spun up about half of it, lapoli! Though I use that term "spun" very, very loosely.)

And, just for kicks, this is my cupboard with some lovely yarn up top, random stuff on the middle shelf, and most of my knitting patterns/books/etc on the bottom shelf. Yeah, I think it's time to organize.  Roll Eyes

And just to prove that my craft room does actually get cleaned up once in awhile, here are photos from last year that I took for the Decorate My House swap.

EDIT: Holy mother of... I just realized that the last three photos were taken when my tower of yarn was only half as tall as it is now. So I seriously have more than doubled my yarn stash in a year? Oh my gosh, no wonder my husband wonders about my sanity!  Shocked

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008 08:25:52 PM by AsphaltQueen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rynimari
« Reply #163 on: December 21, 2008 09:53:06 PM »

I am utterly and completely jealous of your totally awesome craft room.... I have to keep all of my stuff in misc bins, closets, boxes, bags, shelves, etc all around the house... which means for every project I do I must ug it all out and put it all away...  Angry 

and.... who wouldn't want a package of yarn to arrive on their doorstep?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ETSY: http://lolomari.etsy.com/
BLOG: http://lolomari.wordpress.com/
WIST: http://wists.com/lolomari/
Nobody gets in to see the wizard. Not nobody. Not no how.
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: December 21, 2008 09:55:27 PM »

AsphaltQueen...bring your hubs over to visit my craft room, and he'll never complain again...it is a giant ball of craziness. Your craft room is so cute, I love that rug!
I didn't know that you had started spinning!  That is one of my new years resolutions.  I've been hoarding fiber for a while now, so I think I should finally get with the program!

Jenicat...do you like/need/want warm knitted goodies?  I'm really in the mood to knit for people I like (after having to knit like a crazy person for a bunch of people I don't like).  Its kind of exciting.  I can't wait until this whole christmas thing is over, so I can knit what I want to again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #165 on: December 22, 2008 10:14:56 AM »

I have to share my craft room with my techy hubby. He builds and repairs computers, so we have teeny tiny screws and wires and parts getting all tangled up in the yarn and fabric and glue... In the mean time I have some last minute Christmas projects to finish, giving one of the prototypes to my neice, she was eyeing it the other day, and starting some fingerless gloves (crocheted!) for FIL. We have almost a foot of snow on the ground, no one is going anywhere, so a crafting I will go! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
MEshelltakeone
« Reply #166 on: December 22, 2008 12:39:12 PM »

superhooker- WOW Shocked. my jaw literally dropped as i gazed upon your wondurous utopia of yarn!!!!!!!

we should open a thread on the off topic chit chat for FOC's and have everyone post pics of their stashes!!!  Grin... assuming there isnt one already over there...

and i dont knit, i crochet.  Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

« Reply #167 on: December 22, 2008 12:51:29 PM »

I'm not lucky enough to have a craft room so my stashi is everywhere. I have to giant dressers in my dining room, a cupboard in there, my closet in my bedroom and thats it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #168 on: December 22, 2008 01:12:58 PM »

I have a corner of the basement storage room to put my craft stuff in.  Right now it's a disaster!  I had to empty one of my small dressers of fabric so my daughter could use it until she got her new dresser - I have it back, but it's in the middle of the room.  All the wrapped christmas gifts are in there and there's hoodies and tee's hiding everywhere!  I collect them like y'all collect yarn! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: December 22, 2008 01:16:06 PM »

I just started doing that too, Sevs!  It seems like you can never find hoodies in the store when you need them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 5/7
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 2/7
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 3/7
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 6/7
How to use Black Wrap on a Film Set
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Simple Casserole Carrier
Keep Calm and Treat Mum
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...