A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hello From the North  (Read 403 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: December 04, 2008 04:24:32 PM »

Hi!
I've lurked on the board for ages- I even started an account sometime this summer, but haven't said anything yet.  So hello!

Crafts have been a part of my life for years.  My mom was one of those "traditional" ones who liked to make my Halloween costumes and encouraged me to try many new things.  I love art, but have never been great at drawing or painting- so I ended up delving into crafting as a means of creation.

I started out being very interested in beading, which I've done since I was in early elementary school.  I think I still have the old plastic bead loom that started it all somewhere- but moved on to a much nicer set up for when I play with it.  Also, I have since broadened my beading horizons into other sorts of stitching that don't involve the loom. 

I learned how to knit and crochet when I was 16 or so, which have provided hours of fun and many different projects.  Currently I have a couple of "in process" knitted throws in my to do pile.  I like to switch around so I don't get bored with one project.

My mom got me into rug hooking during my senior year of high school.  That was a lot of fun, and I made a couple of nifty pieces.  One is a primitive pattern with a fox, and the other was a larger design with sort of a south western motif that ended up as a pillow.  I really want to go back to New Hampshire and get my stuff some day so I can pick that hobby up again, as I had to leave a half completed pattern of tapestry animals.  Another hobby I picked up around college but didn't bring with me when I moved was making chainmail.  At least my supplies went to someone who could use them!

The most recent craft I picked up has been cross stitch, which I enjoy immensely.  I've only been stitching for 5 or 6 years- but it is so handy since it is very portable and easier to work on during the summer than the above two (it doesn't make my hands as hot or sweaty).   Grin

I'm functional with a sewing machine, but I wouldn't exactly consider sewing a main craft of mine since I don't have a machine anymore and am not as into making clothes or quilting as I am with the other above mentioned activities. 

At any rate, I also like to play with fur, feathers, and bone in other crafts as well.  I'm formerly from New Hampshire, but moved up to Alaska about a year and a half ago- it's great up here and I love living in such an interesting place.
Most of my other interests aren't as "girlie" as knitting or cross stitch so most of my male friends don't expect it of me.   Roll Eyes  Either way, I love having lots of things to keep myself busy!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
donkeybeth
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009 12:25:34 PM »

Hello!   Grin  I am new, too but have been lurking for awhile!  I also kind of dabble in a bunch of different crafts.  I'm currently trying to find something that doesn't irritate my knitting-induced tendinitis!  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"With my freeze ray, I will stop... the pain"
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Winged Eye Makeup
How to Contour Your Face
What Happens During Laser Hair Removal?
DIY Kool Aid Lip Stain
Tips From Celebs On Aging Gracefully
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...