This is my first challenge. I didnt think I was going to make it in time. I had to stay up after my son goes to bed to work on him. It is 12:35am and I just got finished.
My son loves robots. This one turned out larger than I intended. He is about 3 foot tall. He started out at sheets of foam that I glued together until I got the thickness I wanted.
His legs are the tubes from aluminum foil rolls. They are really thick and sturdy. So my robot does stand on his own.
His body and head are covered in black felt, which I just hot glued on. His eyes are felt, his nose and ears are little wooden flower pots that I painted with metallic paint. The sequins that border his body were straps I cut off of a dress that my daughter had in her dress up clothes. You can see the dress laying off to the side in one of the photos. I raided dh's tool boxs and glued on some nuts and bolts. In the back there is a little door that opens up to reveal his gears. The gears are made of foam, they really turn, but dont work too well. The only thing Im not too pleased about is the area where the gears are. You can see my felts dont fit together very well there.
His arms and legs are the reason I didnt get done sooner. I have wondered around in stores for a week trying to find something I like to do the arms and legs. The material I finally settled on was the only thing I had to buy for this whole project. I tied his legs off in sections with gold thread to get the tubing effect.
I think that is about all. I think he will really like it. Now on to the dragon I have to make for my other son!