A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini holiday Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 12928 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2008 07:55:03 AM »

Lady Llanalla - what an awesome package!  So many things ... I especially love the needle roll and your bath products (I can only imagine what grass stain smells like!)  You really outdid yourself!

Homerof2 - I feel your pain!  I'm in the Roaming Gnome Swap and we are having a terrible time getting the gnomes to and from Canada at the moment.  I think the European gnomes are traveling faster than the ones on the same continent!  Someone mentioned the CanPost has some sort of strike going on - deliveries are still being made but complaints are not being taken?  Something like that!  (My last gnome is still en route to NB I believe and it's been over 14 days!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2008 08:23:30 AM »

I'm getting frustrated!  I sent my package 10 days ago and it has yet to arrive.  I know Canada to the US takes awhile but in another swap I'm doing, I've sent 2 packages since this one and they've both arrived.  Grrrrr.....hoping it gets there soon!

I half-way expected it to be here yesterday, and was surprised when it wasn't.  I'm anxiously/excitedly waiting!  Cheesy

That is a super-spoiling package, Lady Llanalla!  Love those soaps and DIY monsters!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008 08:34:15 AM by barbolot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2008 10:34:25 AM »

Homerof2 I know exactly how you feel. In my first swap I was the first to ship and the second to last package (shipped on time) to arrive 19 days later! It was gong to Brisbane, Australia and the customs agents had opened the package and removed all of the candy (not home made, packaged candy mind) and all of the tea (it was a tea themed swap). She got a package sanitized of food products, and they ripped her tea wallet. It was soo demoralizing. I'm still friendly with that swap partner though and recieved a PM from her yesterday and its been two years since that swap! So, don't give up yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2008 08:51:39 AM »

The last package I posted to Canada took about 2 weeks to arrive. Patience. That's all we can have with that Canadian post!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
stuckmachinic
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2008 12:13:15 PM »

I guess my color should be purple too now that pretty hate machine has received the package. Or is it going to change after she posts the pictures? I'm just asking Smiley It's ok if it changes after she has posted the pics!

elociNNicole: wow, you got great things! I love those eyes Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

well you're magic he said but don't let it all go to your head
zuliblu
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2008 04:47:19 PM »

I checked the DC and it says my prtnr received today, yay!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2008 06:16:09 PM »

Maybe I should have commented a few days ago and my parcel would have arrived faster.  I'm breathing easier now because it has arrived at it's destination!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2008 08:49:58 AM »

Woohoo! The package is there! I can't wait for your partner to post pics Homerof2
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
phnxreign99

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2008 09:11:31 AM »

Yeah!  I got my package of wonderful Christmas goodness from Pinky Yarn and I'm ready to show it off.  I need to apologize in advance for the pretty crappy pictures ... it was actually rainy and gloomy here in AZ yesterday (and today!) and the pics just don't do my presents justice.  Anyway ...

An awesome set of Christmasy perler bead coasters ... I have 10,000 decorations but no coasters, so this was a great gift for me!

(Pinky, none were broken ... you packed them excellently!!)

Next, a really cool Christmas card holder.  The glass beads (that are usually made into magnets) are attached to tacs so that you can hang your favorite cards up with them.  This is a fun idea ... and I have seriously been trying to figure out what to do with my cards this year (ran out of room for my usual card holder!)

My third gift is these adorable marble snowmen - I had to google "fried marbles" - they look awesome (the glass inside cracks but not the outside giving it a crystally look) ... these pictures totally suck (I tried everything on my camera to get a closeup without success - if you have a better pic Pinky, please post it)

And as an "extra", the project that Pinky didn't think was very good and "just threw it in anyway" ends up being my favorite!  Yes, I realize the stitching is not perfect but I have been sewing since 1978 (yes, I am that old!) and I have never been able to sew any sort of applique type stuff ... my hands (and my machine) will not cooperate!  Anyway, I totally appreciate the effort and I think they are just fine for your first try ... they will be proudly displayed with all my other Christmas goodies.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the goodies and I will definitely be enjoying your crafts for many Christmas's to come!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
phnxreign99

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2008 09:19:12 AM »

I totally forgot one of my goodies ... this awesome decoupaged snowman jar!

I tried this once craft once for a swap and it was not pretty ... love yours!  And I do enjoy the irony of the cactus in the snow - cactus and snowmen should go together much more often.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Non-Linear Editing - A Primer
Film Editing Basics and Theory
Free Video Editing Tip: 3D Compositing
Using Title Templates in Premiere Pro CS4
How to Keep Special Effects from Intruding on Story
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...