A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,052
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini holiday Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 11746 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wombatgal

Retro + Kawaii + Geeky

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2008 09:36:18 PM »

Thanks so much!  I was quite worried that FSM wouldn't survive shipping, but looks like he made it okay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trampycouture
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2008 09:41:01 PM »

One of his eyeballs fell off, but it was so easy just to stick it back on. (or maybe He just self-healed with His miraculous powers.) I think that the clay will dry more eventually. But, hey! Look at Him! He's doing great just reigning over my Christmas tree in all His glory!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pretty hate machine
Lady Disillusion

Still I fly...still I fall.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2008 10:58:31 PM »

That diskette is a great idea! Maybe I should've asked my brother not to throw away all the old one broken ones...now he could have a bit different tree (last year he wanted a pine instead of a spruce)! Also, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is actually cool! I can imagine him gathering meatball followers....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[revenge is the best revenge]
My still small wist!
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008 01:37:39 AM »

The binary/hex decoration is so clever and I love the lego earrings. I have a red lego necklace I wear a lot (got it in a SSS from Atsuko) and it always get compliments.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008 05:19:46 AM »

Cheesy

Love the flying spaghetti monster.  TOOO cute!

(My 8yo son just saw the disk and asked what it was!!  haha, I told him a record player.... just kidding..... but he looked at me like I was really old!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2008 10:32:35 AM »

I can't believe your son didn't know what a floppy disk was. You must be giving him a very indifferent education. I hope I can instill all sorts of useless knowledge in my daughter. She listend to records with her daddy and we have 8 tracks and reel to reel tapes in the house, so at least we have that covered and two of my old laptops (that I still use) still take the hard floppy disks. My sister still has some of the great big floppy floppy disks from bakc in the day, just the Where in the World is Carmen San Diego games and stuff like that, but we have them... I sold my father's atari in order to buy my first nintendo and I wish I hadn't... I think we may be picking up an old atari from a friend so she can play pong before she gets spoiled by today's graphics. My wonderfully geeky pals are all in for making her start on things like a commador 64, an item three of them possess. She deserves to know the meditative slowness that we put up with as kids I think.

As for your flying spaghetti monster I think he deserves a tinsely holiday counterpart for the holidays... like the great pumpkin... and a special holiday story to go with. That lovely science teacher left out a winter solctice/holiday story and I think pop culture is crying out for one. Hmmmmmmmm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
goosegg1001
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2008 11:11:37 AM »

The flying spaghetti monster is so creative! it would definitely rule over all other christmas ornaments.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stuckmachinic
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2008 01:00:46 PM »

Wow! I need to have Lego earrings, too Cheesy Lovely package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

well you're magic he said but don't let it all go to your head
wombatgal

Retro + Kawaii + Geeky

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2008 02:22:34 PM »

So, I walked over to our handy-dandy campus post office today actually SHAKING because I was so excited to get my package from trampycouture!  I opened up the cutest little penguin envelope (which I sadly forgot to get pictures  of...) to find the most adorable package ever!  Everything follows a super awesome retro baking theme, which is so perfect for me!  I absolutely adore anything 50's housewife-y and kitschy!

First, the ornaments!  

A donut, strawberry, gingerbread heart and "pie"!  You perfectly captured my geeky, physics major humor with this one...   Grin

My baby Christmas tree trying very hard to model them all...

Don't worry, ornaments!  You'll be on a full sized tree when I go home for break this weekend!   Cheesy

I went to the Renegade Christmas Craft Fair in Chicago this weekend, and I was inspired to make resin and sprinkle jewelry, but my partner beat me to it!  She sent me three lovely magnets and a pair of earrings!

They've already found a home on my mini dorm fridge...

And, the icing on the cake, a fancy pants embroidered apron!  If only I had this when my roommate and I baked a few dozen candy cane cookies Saturday night...

Detail of the top design:

Redheaded housewife for the win!

Apron and me questioning why there's still a pumpkin decorating our lounge...

I absolutely adore everything my lovely partner sent me and I think this was probably the best first swap a girl could ask for!

I can't wait to see everyone else's packages...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008 02:30:10 PM by wombatgal » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2008 02:43:16 PM »

Love the Magnets, Love the Pie and Love the dorm lounge!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Thirty Seconds to Your Best Brows Ever
Allure’s 2013 Best of Beauty Breakthrough Winners
3 Biggest Mineral Makeup Mistakes
Skull Mask Makeup Tutorial-Part 2
Fall 2013 Nail Polish Picks
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...