A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
741 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: So Many Christmas Stockings!!  (Read 1869 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas_stocking  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fnur
« on: December 04, 2008 10:53:51 AM »

I suddenly found myself with a lot of time this holiday season to work on lots of crafts (read: I got laid off) and made a big list of things I wanted to do. One of the biggest ones was to make a Christmas stocking for every person/animal in our house during the holidays. That's 5 people and 2 animals.

As usual, I planned out something that was much more work than I anticipated, but I figured that keeping busy was better than sitting around and watching Maury. (Actually, I watched Maury WHILE sewing. 15 guys tested and none of them are the baby's daddy? MUST WATCH!)

So, I only have pictures of 3 stockings because I was so excited to be finished with them that I immediately took pictures.

I made the pattern from scratch, and used cotton velveteen on the body and cotton flannel on the cuff. To jazz them up, I used a blanket stitch around the edge, and embroidered initial tags to show who each stocking belongs to.

This was also my first time doing embroidery, so if it looks crappy then oh well. I won't put it on my resume. (Anyone hiring an event planner in Charlotte, NC?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a website where my friends and I post craft stuff. Please visit! http://theneatery.wordpress.com
leafy_lane
National Society of Sarcasm - Like We Need Your Support!

Genesis 2v24... One Day :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008 11:42:19 AM »

Sorry, I don't live in NC but if I did then I would decide to have an event for you to plan! On the plus side, at least you're being very creative with your "spare time" and they look absolutely lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Father, I need you
Your strength my heart to mend,
I want to fly higher every new day again.
              --- 'Every New Day' by Five Iron Frenzy

Do you have a good reason for not checking out my blog? Didn't think so... http://atinythought.typepad.com/
Momma2FIVEgirls

Still creating the ever growing to do list........

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008 11:48:48 AM »

Sorry to hear about the job situation, but at least you have crafty time! (Always look on the bright side!)  Wink

Great job on the stitching, looks way better than the ones I made. My children have decided that they would like new stockings this year too....I agreed....that might have been a bad decision lol (we have 5 girls 2 adults and 2 cats that now need stockings)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Mythical Dragon
How to Draw a Monster
How to Draw a Monkey
How to Draw a Man
How to Draw a Girl
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...