A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,681
Currently Running With Scissors:
406 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: RPG Swap - Dice Not Mice Gallery!  (Read 5824 times)
Tags for this thread: gamer  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dichotomy
Fastest needles in the west.

~Team Wordy~

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2008 02:23:26 PM »

...I'm kind of in love with that beholder. Did you use a pattern? It's super cute!

I used this Edmund the Owl pattern (http://stitchesoffaith.blogspot.com/search/label/Edmund%20the%20Owl) for the body, and made up the eyestalks. If anyone is interested I can write out a pattern for the eyestalks. I think I remember how I did them....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aislynn
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008 02:56:08 PM »

...I'm kind of in love with that beholder. Did you use a pattern? It's super cute!

I used this Edmund the Owl pattern (http://stitchesoffaith.blogspot.com/search/label/Edmund%20the%20Owl) for the body, and made up the eyestalks. If anyone is interested I can write out a pattern for the eyestalks. I think I remember how I did them....

I can take more detailed pictures of those areas, if it'd help you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
Songs4Drowning
lost soul livin' in a fish bowl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008 06:34:08 PM »

I'm so jealous over those bookends and that hoodie! Such great packages. The Eidic Memory Stick made me giggle and get weird looks from my roommates. =D

Unfortunately, the post office tells me that my package to QueenofThieves never made it out of central Virginia. =( I'm going to send her another package, but here are pics of what I sent her in the one that is now lost to oblivion. (Where do packages go when they die?)

D20 necklace and dice charm bracelet. The beads on the bottom of the dice charms spell out her character's name.

I used ceramic paint (safe to use on dishes and baked to be dishwasher safe) and painted a mug up for her. The handle had "+1 Cup of Drinking" down it. The image is the logo for the Gilded Song, a tavern in the town of Ravenport. Ravenport is a city in one of the campaigns I'm in. Underneath the tavern info, it has the notation "30% off ale for friends of the Baron." In our game, the Baron is a villian who at first hired us to do grunt work for him and had the habit of calling everyone "friend", even when he was undead and attacking us...over and over and over. It's an in-joke in our group that EVERYONE is the Baron in disguise...especial ly the Warforged. Also, what looks like a crack on one side of the mug is just a crease. It doesn't even go halfway through the ceramics.

Next I made glycerin soap with dice and miniatures suspended in it. The easiest mess I ever had to clean up in the kitchen! =D I also packaged and sent a bunch of bath bombs I made, which aren't pictured.

She asked for some fun DnD shirts to wear to sessions so I made a few. Most of the designs/ideas are from shirts I've seen around the interwebs. Otis is the name of her character's horse. Her character is a lawful good paladin.

I crocheted a dice bag, using ribbon with knots on the end and a d6 that slides along it to keep it closed. The bag is really stretchy so if she wanted to keep her dice in their plastic box and put that in the bag, it would fit. (just barely. lol)

And lastly, I'd made a Bag of Holding, using fellow Craftster HeartofMary's messenger bag tutorial. I adjusted it to make it bigger so that QueenofThieves could store her miniatures in there, and the pockets on the front were sized to have multiple slots for paintbrushes and soldering rods, etc.

=( It makes me so sad that the package was lost, but I'm going to work really hard to make the replacement package really really awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dichotomy
Fastest needles in the west.

~Team Wordy~

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2008 08:42:43 PM »

That is very sad about the lost package. My partner's package for me got lost in my first swap (my very first!) and I have always wondered what happened to it... who has it now.... Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2008 09:06:40 PM »

Yeah, I am very nerve-wracked about my package for this swap since I have not sent internationally before. Not having the USPS tracking is making me a little crazy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teddybearbones

I made you a bag lunch C:

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2008 01:16:47 AM »

Glad it got there and that the hoodie fits pookzilla! I was getting worried.. woke up with night terrors and all Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|art| |etsy| |wists| |blog|
diminishedsheep
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2008 01:01:53 PM »

I got my package from JadedJenn! It was incredibly exciting.

First, a gelatinous cube keychain and matching charm. The charm glows in the dark! I really love the little skull in the keychain.  Grin

A handy fabric dicetray! The dragon fabric is really pretty.

A robot fabric dice bag and green and gold dice! I cannot express how much I love this fabric, it's so cute! The dice are really pretty, too.

And finally, an incredibly awesome shadowrun pillow! The embroidery is amazing, and the color of the pillow is just really great. My roommates tried to steal it when they saw it.

This package was so amazing! Thanks, JadedJenn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JadedJenn

Valar morghulis.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2008 01:30:49 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Also, I can kill you with my brain."
My Wists
ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2008 05:16:45 PM »

I got my great package today, but unfortunately I'm lacking a camera until after the holidays to take pictures!
But ... It's so cool!!! I can't wait to show it all to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
kitkat_pro
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Mender for the destroyer of worlds

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2008 12:55:11 PM »

Oh man those packages are great. I recieved my package on friday, and will post as soon as I can find my camera/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists/Pinterest
Out of the dusk a shadow, Then a spark; Out of the cloud a silence, Then a lark; Out of the heart a rapture, Then a pain; Out of the dead, cold ashes, Life again. ~ John Banister Tabb
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Metadata in Bridge
How to Understand Bridge Tools
How to Give Instance Names to Symbols in Flash
How to Create Menus for Your Games in Flash
How to Add a Foggy Effect to Your Images
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...