A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Three more bird-based coats (insane number of pics)  (Read 6314 times)
Tags for this thread: coat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Denelle
Denelle's Stuff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2008 06:04:25 AM »

Love them!! Very nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Denelle
KitschyCoo
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2008 09:52:52 AM »

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments and feedback!

very nice!  I love all your fabrics!  Do you mind disclosing where you get the lovely bird fabs, I can never find any!  (I especially like the orange!)

Thanks, the orange and white ones are IKEA, the Aviary is Alexander Henry!

I think they're too feminine for a boy.  Maybe it's the peter pan collar.  For a boy's coat I'd want a pointed collar or notched lapels or something... something more evocative of a men's blazer.  Flap pockets, or a breast pocket maybe?

I agree, I was thinking of a pointy collar for a boy and slightly less a-line / bit more boxy.  Thanks for the advice on the pockets, I like the idea of a patch pocket if single breasted especially!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KitschyCoo
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2008 10:00:44 AM »

Thanks for everyone's help on the goretex fleece, I love Craftster!

Goodness gracious, where on earth do you find the time for all of this?  

Of course, I'm not brave enough to come up with my own pattern, but I'll certainly test yours out if you want.   Cheesy  

Haha, I do have to admit that all the coat work I've been doing over the last couple of weeks has almost killed me!  About 6 hours a night after the kids are in bed!  It shouldn't take that long, it's just my shady fabric choices.   Tongue  I've got two people testing the pattern in two different sizes just now, I'll let you know how it goes!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyMac
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2008 11:53:45 AM »

They are gorgeous! I love your coats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd rather live like there is a God to die and find out there isn't, than live like there isn't a God to die and find out there is."

"Cleaning with children is like stapling Jell-o to the wall"
Nylaskye
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2008 11:58:12 AM »

They're all gorgeous!

I think they're too feminine for a boy.  Maybe it's the peter pan collar.  For a boy's coat I'd want a pointed collar or notched lapels or something... something more evocative of a men's blazer.  Flap pockets, or a breast pocket maybe?

I'm a girl though, and I want the white one for me! 

She hit the nail on the head!!!  I too think Peter Pan collars like that look feminine, the pointy collars and more boxed shape will make the coat PERFECT for a boy.  If I were you I'd make and sell that pattern QUICkLY!!

As always your coats are awesomely cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fairieknits
Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2008 12:10:22 PM »

Super cute! I love the orange fabric (thanks for the tip off, I didn't realise Ikea had such cute fabrics) I agree with the other posters, a bit more boxy and pointed collar and you have a fantastic jacket for a little boy.

Looks like you need to ask Santa for a big industrial machine so you can keep making all your beautiful jackets with out all the fight!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is a work of fiction.  All the characters in it, human and otherwise, are imaginary, excepting only certain of the fairy folk, whom it might be unwise to offend by casting doubts on their existence.  Or lack thereof.~Neil Gaiman
I love personal swaps. I crochet, sew and more!
lee-lee ess.
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2008 03:37:21 PM »

Thanks so much for clearing that up, confirms to me that the lady was just being mean!
Silly mean people!!!

I always love seeing what else you've made.  I've shown my boyfriend before, and always joke with him that I hate it when kids are dressed nicer than I am.  (Which is a lie, of course, I LOVE it and think it's ADORABLE)  They all look great, and I like it with and without the topstitching.  I really don't think you could go wrong.  Also, I see no reason why a similar style, maybe tweaked a bit, wouldn't work for a little boy.  He'd be the most handsome guy in town!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eightdandelions
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2008 05:49:25 PM »

Ack!  Tooooooo cute!  And your models are adorable!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Street Ashes

Can't we all just get along?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2008 08:06:18 AM »

i LOVE this. we moved to Florida but i still want one for my juniper (she just turned one)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gopoundsand
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2008 06:03:21 AM »

wow, i love each and everyone and every side haha! i wish they were mine  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Must Try Curling Irons
Ways To Make Your Hair Grow Faster
How to Get Great Poolside Hair-Dos
How to Do a Nicole Scherzinger Updo
How to Do a Curly Updo Inspired by Rihanna
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...