A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
312 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wren's Name Book  (Read 35309 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project , name  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kahlan
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2009 10:35:56 PM »

Thanks again for all the lovely comments. It makes me feel better for taking so long on it!

In fact, you've inspired me to make 2 books - 1 for my niece & 1 for my daughter, and I just finished them!  Can't wait to give it to them!  Smiley

Oh, have you posted them??? I love seeing other people's ideas for them, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://littlebluehen.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/notahipster/

Better to fail at something you love than succeed at something you hate. - George Burns
LaFee
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2009 06:36:54 AM »

That's beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blackpearlprincess
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2009 05:43:21 AM »

Wow!  You really put your heart on this!  It looks awesome!  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

popsicax
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2009 12:40:08 PM »

Oh, this is superb!  I love that it is so big and colorful!! I have a 2 month old [well, in a few days] and I would love to make her one!  It looks fun for her, she loves colors and I'm sure she will love playing with things soon.  =o)  Trouble will be thinking of an animal that starts with a 'V'  +laffs+  Oh well, I have tons of animal books around.. I'll find one.  =o))

I do have two questions .. if I may...
1. the pages and everything are mainly made out of felt, correct?  What kind of glue did you use??
2. How did you secure the pages together? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kahlan
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2009 03:31:40 PM »

Trouble will be thinking of an animal that starts with a 'V' 

I do have two questions .. if I may...
1. the pages and everything are mainly made out of felt, correct?  What kind of glue did you use??
2. How did you secure the pages together? 

Ooh, what's your baby's name? Also: vole, vulture, and velociraptor =)

1. Yup, just 8x11 rectangles of acrylic craft felt. I got mine at JoAnn's for like 30 cents per sheet maybe? I used a clear waterproof craft glue that was on sale. =D

2. I glued everything together (animals on background, googly eyes, ribbons, etc., also page-to-page), then the actual pages are blanket-stitched back-to-back.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://littlebluehen.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/notahipster/

Better to fail at something you love than succeed at something you hate. - George Burns
antigone
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2009 03:10:54 AM »

BEAUTIFUL work, so incredibly cute!!! I found myself sitting here checking out what letters would be found in my name too  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

popsicax
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2009 04:11:31 PM »

Ooh, what's your baby's name? Also: vole, vulture, and velociraptor =)

1. Yup, just 8x11 rectangles of acrylic craft felt. I got mine at JoAnn's for like 30 cents per sheet maybe? I used a clear waterproof craft glue that was on sale. =D

2. I glued everything together (animals on background, googly eyes, ribbons, etc., also page-to-page), then the actual pages are blanket-stitched back-to-back.
[/quote]

My daughter's name is Verlina.  My hubby thought up Vulture when I asked him last night.  [he is the artistic drawing/painting one - I just sew and glue things together and such.]  That's so great you said velociraptor, I usually use it as my screenname for everything - it's my FAV dino ever.  =o)  & I don't even know what a Vole is.  =o\

Thank you for answering my questions & so quickly too!!.  =o)))  I am so excited to make one for my daughter, she is ALMOST 2 months, so I have a little hwile before she gets big enough to really enjoy it.  =o)  I can't wait and my husband totally volunteered to sketch out everything for me <3  I have no idea what I would do without him.  =o)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emrichkh
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2009 09:11:54 AM »

This turned out amazing! I want to make one Smiley. Its beautiful and your craftsmanship is wonderful as well. Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BreezyBri
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2009 01:01:41 PM »

This is adorable! I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alixianervosa

That's what she said

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2009 10:53:19 AM »

I'm working on one now.

I may have borrowed a couple of your amuhnals and embellishments.  I hope you don't mind.  :: bats eyelashes ::

Mine is for my sister's friends' baby.  His name is Braxton.  I decided 7 letters was enough so I'm only doing his first name.

Bee
Rabbit
Alligator
X-Ray Fish (hopefully this one turns out how it looks in my head)
Turtle
Owl
Narwhal (I couldn't resist!)

I've started on the bee and the Rabbit.  Also, instead of stitching the letters (I see myself getting very annoyed with that, very quickly) I am doing a reverse applique type deal.  The pages I bought are a stiff sheet of felt.  I already did his name on the cover.  I just cut it out with an exacto knife and put a cute fabric behind it.  I plan on using contrasting colored felt for the actual animal names.

I know this has been asked before, and I see how you made the pages with blanket stitch...but how did you attach the whole thing.  I don't think I get it or I missed it or something.

Thanks for the inspiration!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If God wanted us to walk, he wouldn't have invented roller skates." -Willy Wonka
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Quick Tips: How to Organize Gift Wrap Ribbon
How to Make Layered Melt-and-Pour Soap
How to Make Confetti Melt-and-Pour Soap
How to Make a Summer Flower Arrangement
How to Make a Gift Bouquet Of Flowers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...