A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 301,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
724 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Trio of squishable knitted Xmas trees (including the Flying Spaghetti Monster!)  (Read 1789 times)
Tags for this thread: flying_spaghetti_monster , fsm , atheist  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bluberryfields3
« on: December 03, 2008 11:16:20 AM »

Who says a thrifty Xmas has to be a sad Xmas? Well, for my first holiday season living with my darling, I decided against buying some cumbersome tree that is only good for one month of the year and bust into my huge stash of green yarn. Also, because I just can't stick to one project when there's at least 10 different varieties of green yarn (amazing how it adds up), I continued on to make a total of 3 adorably squishably knit tedand stuffed trees to lighten up our holidays. (sorry for the so-so pictures quality)

First, the little and more traditional one. It is 8.5 inches tall and has a diameter of 14 inches at the bottom. This little guy keeps the kitchen full of Xmas cheer. Don't you just love the pom-pom star?

Second, the medium-sized one that I designed to be the "dapper one". He is 11 inches tall (with hat) and is 20 inches around at the bottom. I toyed with the idea of a knitted garland tied into a bowtie, but it didn't work out so well. Oh well. The bowler really ties it all together.

And finally, the fabulously fat and huggable tree featuring none other than the Flying Spaghetti Monster himself. I made that bad boy last year to top the real tree my darling's roommate bought, and designed this tree to be big and sturdy enough to do the FSM justice. The tree stands at about 16 inches top to bottom, and is a hefty 36 inches in diameter at his fattest point. Also, I like to note that the ornaments are hanging off the FSM's glorious noodly appendages, since all that is good is noodly.

Honestly, these took a lot of work, but I am so unbelievably thrilled with how they all turned out. Also, just for good measure, I'll be posting this on the Holidays board just so I can spread my Xmas joy. I appreciate any comments and hope you guys have a great crafty holiday season!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluberryfields3
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008 11:19:47 AM »

Who says a thrifty Xmas has to be a sad Xmas? Well, for my first holiday season living with my darling, I decided against buying some cumbersome tree that is only good for one month of the year and bust into my huge stash of green yarn. Also, because I just can't stick to one project when there's at least 10 different varieties of green yarn (amazing how it adds up), I continued on to make a total of 3 adorably squishably knit tedand stuffed trees to lighten up our holidays. (sorry for the so-so pictures quality)

First, the little and more traditional one. It is 8.5 inches tall and has a diameter of 14 inches at the bottom. This little guy keeps the kitchen full of Xmas cheer. Don't you just love the pom-pom star?

Second, the medium-sized one that I designed to be the "dapper one". He is 11 inches tall (with hat) and is 20 inches around at the bottom. I toyed with the idea of a knitted garland tied into a bowtie, but it didn't work out so well. Oh well. The bowler really ties it all together.

And finally, the fabulously fat and huggable tree featuring none other than the Flying Spaghetti Monster himself. I made that bad boy last year to top the real tree my darling's roommate bought, and designed this tree to be big and sturdy enough to do the FSM justice. The tree stands at about 16 inches top to bottom, and is a hefty 36 inches in diameter at his fattest point. Also, I like to note that the ornaments are hanging off the FSM's glorious noodly appendages, since all that is good is noodly.

Honestly, these took a lot of work, but I am so unbelievably thrilled with how they all turned out. Also, just for good measure, I'll be posting this on the Knitting board just so I can spread my Xmas joy. I appreciate any comments and hope you guys have a great crafty holiday season!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lylmousy
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008 11:31:48 AM »

YAY Pastafarians!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only exceptionally rational people can afford to be absurd.
pinokeeo

Try and try again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008 12:01:55 PM »

Wow!!!  These are awesome!!  You did a really great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects- 2 done
the_talk
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008 08:49:58 AM »

These are adorable! I've been looking for a small tree 'cause my roommates (3 boys!!) and I don't have money for a tree and I'm allergic to real ones Sad

Great idea and they turned out wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Perfect Bridesmaid Makeup by House of Harper
Melt Proof Your Makeup with Primer
5 Sun Protection Tips
College Makeup Survival Kit
How to Fill in Your Brows Like a Pro
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge #107 Announced – Bottle It Up
Spotlight on: Knitting, Patterns Included
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...