A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,629
Currently Running With Scissors:
706 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby Poppets: a photostory, lore, and more! (Warning: some dolly nudity)  (Read 15465 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 03, 2008 04:57:26 AM »

Ghilie’s discovery of poppets set off a world-wide craze to locate and identify these creatures. Poppets of all sorts were found: ranging from innocent girls/boys to buxom babes and rocker dudes, animal-like bunnies and skunks, gnomes/fairies...endless variations. And yet only adults and adolescents have been identified. Until now.

Yesterday on a cold winter's day I discovered these tiny baby poppets frolicking naked in my yard. I have tried here to chronicle this amazing discovery and I would like to share it with you today.

The babies as they appeared in my yard.

When they saw me I discovered that they are not only able to walk at this young age, but that they have the ability to jump and climb rocks and trees as well. I was able to coax to come to me by speaking in a soft voice and offering them milk.

Physical development. They resemble human babies with their large heads and small bodies, but have large ears which rotate freely and may indicate a keener sense of hearing. They are approximately 7 inches tall and weight a mere ounce. Surprisingly, baby poppets don’t have tails at birth.

Socialization. Once inside my home they immediately sat down in a circle. The meaning of this is unknown. Perhaps they were having a meeting? It this their version of circle time?

Water. At bathtime I learned that they are completely at ease in the water and some even seemed capable of swimming.

Play. Much like human babies, some wrestle, others crawl about, some watch, and some keep to themselves. They make sounds that resemble cooing in infants.

A few closeups of them playing:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/atsuko2005/DSC00480.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/atsuko2005/DSC00481-1.jpg

Sleep patterns. They enjoy being swaddled and sleep peacefully through the night. Goodnight sweeties.

But where did they come from? Well, on the previous day just before sunset a light rain resulted in a magnificent rainbow. Could it be that this rainbow formed a bridge between the supernatural and natural worlds that carried these precious baby poppets into our home and our hearts? Perhaps. So the next time you see a rainbow be on the lookout for these tiny, magical creatures.

Artist’s conception of the rainbow theory.

A super big thanks to Ghilie for creating the poppets and to the many people who added their wonderful improvements and provided tons of inspiration!! Thank you!!

My story:
I crafted these for my 4.5 year old daughter Lana because she loves her girl poppets and I wanted to make her holidays magical and what could be more magical than baby poppets? Using Ghilie's pattern for inspiration I designed a pattern that was more baby-like...plumper, cuddlier, and with huge noggins. I had great fun doing a little photoshoot for them and couldn't resist making up a little story about them.

I am so excited to see what Lana thinks of them! I can’t wait till Christmas morning. I hope you like them too...enough that you'd want to me to share the secret of where you can find baby poppets of your own. Comments are always appreciated. Smiley

Thanks for looking!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
corduroy cat
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008 05:14:07 AM »

teehee! love them and i think lana is the luckiest little girl! really darling pics too, you should make a storybook to give to her with your wonderful pics and story! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008 05:26:28 AM »

Atsuko - you're work is always BEAUTIFUL!!! I agree with CC - you should put together the storybook too!

Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

— Agnes Whistling Elk
cindy065
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008 05:45:30 AM »

love these!i also like the little story i know your little girl will love them !!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jennickell
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008 06:11:46 AM »

that is just the story I needed to brighten my day, sooo freakin cute (the babes and the story), this totally rocks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkmichk

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008 06:15:16 AM »

poppets are too cute in their own right but baby poppets are something else these are fab and sure they will go down a treat on christmas day
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Am always up for personal swaps -send me a message

pinterest - http://pinterest.com/shellfullerton/
angeleyes410
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008 06:32:00 AM »

Ok its official, I HAVE to learn how to sew because my dd now needs a baby poppet!
:-)
They're adorable! good job mama!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008 07:51:00 AM »

Awww. So cute. I have some baby poppets in the works too but they're not as cute as yours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008 07:57:21 AM »

Aw, thanks for the love guys!  You guys made me blush with all of your kind comments.   Cheesy  What a great idea Corduroy cat!!  I think Lana would love a little poppet book.  That's next on my to do list.  ATM I'm working on getting a pattern put together just in case someone wants one.

Seraphina_de_Sangre, I'm sure your babies are great!  All babies are cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
snooky
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008 08:08:33 AM »

those are the cutest creature I have seen !! And the story is just amazingly sweet. Thank you so much for sharing!! I love it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Marianna Hewitt The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 3
Alyssa Wallace: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 2
Mallory Cornelison: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 2
Mallory Cornelison: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 1
Megan Moore: The Revlon Makeover Challenge
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...