A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,571
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gift ideas for a craftster??  (Read 575 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babycups
« on: December 02, 2008 06:58:36 PM »

Hello,

I need help from my fellow craftsters  Smiley

I'm looking for Christmas gift ideas for my crafty cousin.  Unfortunately I won't have time this year to make her a gift so I'm looking to buy something for $30 or less. She's in her 20s, likes knitting and home decorating (among other crafts), and is expecting her first baby next year.

Any suggestions??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ecstatic
Infected with Icanmakethat

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008 12:42:18 AM »

What about putting together a bag of assorted items with which she can craft? Along with some project ideas, printed out from the internet.

It doesn't have to be expensive. You can use things from the Dollar Tree ... get creative with the supplies, so you can get a lot for less. Think "out of the box" in terms of supplies.

For instance, t-shirts from the thrift store, cut into strips can be yarn. Or sweaters from the thrift store can be felted to make bags or coasters or balls.

Fabric scraps from various sheets can make cool patchwork bags. Acrylic paints are only 99 cents each. If you mix those with that other stuff - that makes it last on clothes. It comes in a bottle next to the acrylic paints (the name eludes me right now). They would make great stencils. You could throw in some bodysuits for her to stencil for her baby.

You could probably put together a huge bag filled with things from which she can craft for a lot less than $30.00.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never lose a holy curiosity. - Einstein
http://www.wists.com/ecstatic
xperimentl
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008 08:36:39 AM »

Does she visit the Craftster site?  You could get her some Craftster stuff from their Cafe Press store, http://www.craftster.org/shop/  I bought myself a hoodie and just love it, but they have cool tote bags and stuff, too.  Lots of stuff under $30.  You could get her a cool knitting pirate tee and a matching onesie for the baby, those are neat even if she doesn't hang out on Craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can't use up creativity.  The more you use, the more you have."  Maya Angelou

My Flickr
My Pinterest
Kpooh
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008 02:59:12 AM »

Make her a 'Mommy Craft Bag'

Use a plain tote (she can paint on this later if she wants to) add some fabric paint or some permanent markers/paint pens (basic colors are fine) add a few onesies in white, yellow & green for her to decorate for baby. Add a plain adult T shirt in a size larger than she normally (pre-pregnancy) wears to paint for herself.  Find some paint patterns online (free ones) & print them for her to use (maybe some baby ones & mommy to be ones). Dont forget a fabric pencil. Grab one of the 'make your own teddy bear' kits & add that for her to make babies first teddy bear.

You can grab cheap onesies & a plain T shirt at the dollar store or Gabe's, and WalMart carries the make a teddies for about $15.00 A set of paint pens is only $10.00 there.

And Wallah....You have an awesome gift for very little money.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aislynn
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008 05:45:19 AM »

How about a WIP?  Get her absolutely all the supplies she'd need (pattern, needles, yarn/thread/fabric, buttons, accessories) for a project--maybe for the new baby?--and put them in a tote.  No matter how you slice it, though (or wrap it up!) supplies are definitely a great way to go.  How sweet are you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The No-Heat Trick to Getting Sexy, Bohemian Waves
Hot Hair Trends: Posh Braided Buns to Luscious, Loose Curls
6 Hair Trends For Fall
Easy Waterfall Braid Tutorial
Celebrity Inspired Hair For the Summer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...