A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 315,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sha-ZAM! ...my first dress project.  (Read 405 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tenshi17
« on: December 02, 2008 01:56:56 PM »

So, this weekend, my guy and a group of our friends are going to see the Nutcracker ballet. We decided it was the perfect excuse to get all dolled up and feel snazzy. I was just going to wear an old dress out of the closet, but I saw the new James Bond movie over Thanksgiving break and was reminded that I've always wanted an elegant dress with a delightfully low cut back. I just recently got a sewing machine in a glorious $8 thrift store deal, so I went out and bought some fabric and a pattern and here I am jumping in with both feet.

I decided on Vogue's 7365. http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V7365.htm with some minor adjustments. I got some luscious black crepe-backed satin and a lovely patterned sheer to add some interest. The patterned stuff will be used for the godet and the straps. I haven't decided whether I'd like to include the bows, probably not, or maybe just at the neck.

Has anyone here ever tried this pattern? Any tips, warnings? I'm 5'7" and 125 lbs, and I already know I will probably encounter some trouble in the bust. I'll likely have to sew in some cups for support and modesty, but being a large B to small C in size, that may pose some difficulty.

All my fabric is cut out, and I'm ready to start the sewing tonight. I'll have some pictures to post later, too.

Oh, the title? Because "Sha-ZAM!" is how I want this dress to look when I put it on and step out of the bedroom to see the look on my guy's face. Ladies, you know what I'm talking about.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nena2007
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008 06:38:12 AM »

I don't know anything about this pattern, but good luck! I bet it will look amazing! I can't wait to see pictures! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 3/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 4/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 1/7
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 9/19
How to Crochet People Holding Hands Borders
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...