A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,384
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bowling Green  (Read 8309 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ninkybink

~*FaShIoNiStA*~

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2003 03:50:10 PM »

Hey! Here are my favorite Bowling Green craft/ thrift places... Ben Franklin, Jo-Ann Fabrics, Goodwill, Salvation Army, Big Lots (lol!), and Friend's Antiques. We used to have SO many antique malls but most closed down Sad  Anyone else from BG?

~Adrianne
www.ninkybink.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artzyfartzy
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003 07:48:40 PM »

i live in Wood County.. ( Walbridge Ohio..) about 30 minutes from BG..i used to hangout all the time in BG..   Grin  back during my clubbin' days.. Tongue

ever been to toledo? i'm about 10 minutes from Toledo..i used to live there and HATED it! even tho' walbridge isnt very far from toledo it's much much nicer~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SecretAgentStarchild
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003 04:11:43 PM »

Hello there. I've been a lurker here for the past week or so, but this post made me decide to actually register and reply. I live about fifteen/twenty minutes away from Bowling Green, but go to school there.

You've already named all of the best places in BG that I know of, except Big Lots. I actually never considered that store before now! But Hobby Lobby in Findlay is mighty useful (but that is probably because it's closer than the other stores).

Hehe, and BG is well known for its club spots, isn't it? My friends swear by Uptown, but I'm just a tad too young to go there. In a few months though... Ah, well, anyways. It's good to see that there are craftster people nearby!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. - Roald Dahl
artzyfartzy
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003 04:49:28 PM »

yup ..uptown is the hot spot - although i havent been there forever..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iLoVeCaReBeArS
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004 10:09:40 AM »

i live in lucas county- jo-anne's is awesome!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

boo
kindasleepeee
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004 10:54:49 PM »

hey! I registered just for this post:), I was quite suprised to find this actually.

Just curious, but has anyone ever been to fiberworks in Toledo? And on that note, are there any other yarn stores within a 40-60 mile radius from here worth checking out?

I'm getting really sick of the selection at Micheal's and Ben Franklin's...boring boring boring.

Later!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

one day.
mondays noon

psh .>>. such roobish.!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2004 04:50:50 PM »

Yeah- I agree I am also getting sick of the same ole same ole.  Im from Waterville by the way.. but I tend to end up in BG frequently for one reason or another.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maybe if you close your eyes and scream loud enuf we may just make it thru this...
lotus666

don't push me... cuz... i'm close to the edge....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2004 12:08:38 PM »

hey! I registered just for this post:), I was quite suprised to find this actually.

Just curious, but has anyone ever been to fiberworks in Toledo? And on that note, are there any other yarn stores within a 40-60 mile radius from here worth checking out?

I'm getting really sick of the selection at Micheal's and Ben Franklin's...boring boring boring.

Later!

hey...another newbie....i live in Toledo and work in BG for a lawyer....and i think Toledo is actually a great place....my Husband and i love going out and clubbing, and toledo aint' bad for that scene....(i miss Frankie's however)....uptown is okay, and Howard's is really cool....but Toledo takes it for me...not so big that you feel like a speck in a giant city, but big enough to have plenty of choices on what to do and where to go for entertainment....an d that's enough of my rant!! sorry!!!

ANYWAYS!!!!.................

yes, there are some nice "gourmet" yarn stores around this area....Fiberworks is the best i have seen so far, but pricey-pricey-pricey.....great selection tho....highly recommended...also stop in at the Wixey bakery a few doors down afterwards....YUMMM Y YUMMY COOKIES!!!

anyways, there is also "the Yarn Shop" (i think that is what it is called) on Secor Rd past Sylvania....my mom (a knitter/crocheter/embroiderer extraordinaire) says that is an excellent store....i haven't been, tho.....

in BG, there is the "Loving Traditions" yarnstore....it's okay, very small tho...some nice gourmet yarns, then some upper-scale lion brand like "trellis" and "homespun"....but a small selection i'm afraid....

THIS ROCKS   Logged
betsyjean79
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004 04:15:48 AM »

I am in Toledo too.  I believe the yarn store on Secor is called Yarn expressions. I haven't been in there yet, but I will have to check it out. Don't forget about Michael's. The yarn selection is pretty good if you like synthetics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luckysushi
Another Crafter Hindered by College Life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005 04:43:59 PM »

I know this thread is a little old, but I'm also in Bowling Green, a student at BGSU. I love to craft but don't have a lot of time or resources.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iLoVeCaReBeArS
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005 01:19:55 PM »

Yeah- I agree I am also getting sick of the same ole same ole.  Im from Waterville by the way.. but I tend to end up in BG frequently for one reason or another.

You are basically my next door neighbor.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

boo
kelimom
I spend WAY too much time on the computer...

NEXT!!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005 09:22:10 PM »

Okay, so I'm not in BG, but in East Toledo, just wanted to say hi!!   Grin

Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LisaMarie
f1focus
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2005 05:19:10 AM »

Dumpster diving should be at an all time high this week.  I think finals are done soon.  I remember this time of year was great for pickings when I was in school!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a blog about nothing---www.retrogrademotion.com
a shop with things!!!!---retrogrademotion.etsy.com
spiffyness05

OoOo... what does this button do?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005 01:53:45 PM »

I have a friend that goes to BGSU and she said somewhere around there- there is a second hand store that only accepts brand name clothes (think american eagle)  and then sells them at salvation army prices. I haven't actually been there and i don't know the name or where its at but i thnk it's pretty close to the campus.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I feel like I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
mireneh

working like a dog?!?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2005 10:02:53 PM »

I have a friend that goes to BGSU and she said somewhere around there- there is a second hand store that only accepts brand name clothes (think american eagle) and then sells them at salvation army prices. I haven't actually been there and i don't know the name or where its at but i thnk it's pretty close to the campus.

Plato's Closet by any chance?  They have locations in quite a few places and I've sold some of the stuff I've "outgrown".  They do have some things at decent prices and they do a good job of checking the clothing before putting it on the shelves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support your local animal shelters and be a responsible pet owner by spaying or neutering your pet.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is waaaay more than being tired - imagine having the flu every day, quadruple that, and that's me on a good day!  No, I did not stay up too late last night either.....
mireneh

working like a dog?!?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2005 10:04:20 PM »

Hello there. I've been a lurker here for the past week or so, but this post made me decide to actually register and reply. I live about fifteen/twenty minutes away from Bowling Green, but go to school there.

You've already named all of the best places in BG that I know of, except Big Lots. I actually never considered that store before now! But Hobby Lobby in Findlay is mighty useful (but that is probably because it's closer than the other stores).

Hehe, and BG is well known for its club spots, isn't it? My friends swear by Uptown, but I'm just a tad too young to go there. In a few months though... Ah, well, anyways. It's good to see that there are craftster people nearby!

My brother's band plays quite often in BG - not sure which name they're using.  He plays in about 3 or 4 bands.  Greasyspoon, Jaded - can't remember the other's off hand.  Haven't made it to see him play yet (shame on me!)....soon though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support your local animal shelters and be a responsible pet owner by spaying or neutering your pet.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is waaaay more than being tired - imagine having the flu every day, quadruple that, and that's me on a good day!  No, I did not stay up too late last night either.....
Pedeka

I love being a girl.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2005 09:01:45 AM »

BG Grad.. now living in Oregon, OH. Just wanted to say HI!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atomickim
Retro Gal

D.I.Y, the only way to go!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008 06:00:52 PM »

wow this thread is old but i live 15 minutes west of bowling green. in a tiny town called McClure (in henry county) i usually go to BG or Defiance for my craft needs, mostly jo-anns
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Janutituti
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008 09:49:16 PM »

Ha!!  I grew up outside of Mclure......How'd you wind up there?  you definately have to travel for supplies!!  What types of crafting do you do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atomickim
Retro Gal

D.I.Y, the only way to go!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008 08:30:19 PM »

Ha!!  I grew up outside of Mclure......How'd you wind up there?  you definately have to travel for supplies!!  What types of crafting do you do?

im originally from Detroit..but due to the bad economy of michigan i moved down to ohio with my boyfriend who is originally from here (napoleon)

i sew and dabble in cross stitch

has anyone been to the new Hobby Lobby in Bowling Green?! i went there last weekend..i love it
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008 08:30:59 PM by atomickim » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cifuller
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008 08:12:09 PM »

This IS an old thread. Just a heads up. Fiberworx is closing and they are having a going out of business sale as I write this. I haven't been because it was so expensive and I am so broke, but if you are in the area, then by all means check it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jessica.Marie
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008 05:30:50 PM »

a lil off the crafty subject but does anyone go to goth night at sky bar in bg?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessica Marie

yay i made a wist!!! http://www.wists.com/Jessica_Marie
frabjousfrocks

fair.fabulous.joyous.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008 04:54:08 PM »

If anyone is watching this thread or is interested, I am going to have a free fabric design demo at the Hancock fabrics store on Monroe Street in the Starlight Plaza on Monday November 24th at 6pm. This was originally going to be a $30 class, and this may be the only time I offer it as a free demo so come by and check it out. If you can make it send me a message about days and times that would be best for you. I am trying to get as much feedback as possible on my classes and everything helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frabjousfrocks

fair.fabulous.joyous.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2008 10:39:52 PM »

The free fabric design demo has been pushed back to Saturday December 6th at noon. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jeanne B
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009 06:20:00 PM »

Hi, all, I'm in BG (born and raised) and I knit, crochet, weave, dye, and spin. And sew. I find most of my dye supplies at the discount stores (Big Lots, Dollar stores) and my favorite yarn shop (now that Fiberworks is closed) is Yarn Cravin' in Perrysburg. Any knit nights in town? With the winter weather, I'd rather stay in BG than travel.

Knit On,
Jeanne
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frabjousfrocks

fair.fabulous.joyous.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009 07:29:41 PM »

I just wanted to let everyone in the area know about the W.A.V.E. festival that is being held this Saterday at Lourdes college in Sylvania. It is a womens art festival and will feature all sorts of local artists (including myself!). There will also be food and entertainment. It will be held from noon to 5pm, so if you get a chance come by!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frabjousfrocks

fair.fabulous.joyous.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009 09:13:55 PM »

This is the only post that people from this are have responded to so I wanted to let you all know about an event that I am hosting soon!
On Saturday April 25th at noon at Hancock Fabrics on Monroe St. in Sylvania I am hosting a Duct Tape Dress form worksop. You will leave at the end of the day with a finished dress form on a stand and instructions on how to do it again. The fee will be $150, but the price drops to only $100 per person if you bring a friend along! If you need any more information send me a message, or veiw the other post in the Northwest Ohio section. The worshop is limited to ten people for the 25th, but I do parties as well which can be hosted at Hancock Fabrics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annethelonious
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010 10:54:47 PM »

I'm in BG...nice to see you! There is a tiny yarn shop in Perrysburg called Yarn Cravin'. It is run out of an elderly lady's house, I believe, but is an interesting find.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make a Ham
How to make Stuffed Chicken
How to make Fried Potatoes
How to make Pork Ribs in a Dutch Oven
How to make Meatloaf
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...