A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,219
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bowling Green  (Read 8593 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ninkybink

~*FaShIoNiStA*~

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2003 03:50:10 PM »

Hey! Here are my favorite Bowling Green craft/ thrift places... Ben Franklin, Jo-Ann Fabrics, Goodwill, Salvation Army, Big Lots (lol!), and Friend's Antiques. We used to have SO many antique malls but most closed down Sad  Anyone else from BG?

~Adrianne
www.ninkybink.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artzyfartzy
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003 07:48:40 PM »

i live in Wood County.. ( Walbridge Ohio..) about 30 minutes from BG..i used to hangout all the time in BG..   Grin  back during my clubbin' days.. Tongue

ever been to toledo? i'm about 10 minutes from Toledo..i used to live there and HATED it! even tho' walbridge isnt very far from toledo it's much much nicer~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SecretAgentStarchild
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003 04:11:43 PM »

Hello there. I've been a lurker here for the past week or so, but this post made me decide to actually register and reply. I live about fifteen/twenty minutes away from Bowling Green, but go to school there.

You've already named all of the best places in BG that I know of, except Big Lots. I actually never considered that store before now! But Hobby Lobby in Findlay is mighty useful (but that is probably because it's closer than the other stores).

Hehe, and BG is well known for its club spots, isn't it? My friends swear by Uptown, but I'm just a tad too young to go there. In a few months though... Ah, well, anyways. It's good to see that there are craftster people nearby!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. - Roald Dahl
artzyfartzy
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003 04:49:28 PM »

yup ..uptown is the hot spot - although i havent been there forever..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iLoVeCaReBeArS
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004 10:09:40 AM »

i live in lucas county- jo-anne's is awesome!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

boo
kindasleepeee
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004 10:54:49 PM »

hey! I registered just for this post:), I was quite suprised to find this actually.

Just curious, but has anyone ever been to fiberworks in Toledo? And on that note, are there any other yarn stores within a 40-60 mile radius from here worth checking out?

I'm getting really sick of the selection at Micheal's and Ben Franklin's...boring boring boring.

Later!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

one day.
mondays noon

psh .>>. such roobish.!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2004 04:50:50 PM »

Yeah- I agree I am also getting sick of the same ole same ole.  Im from Waterville by the way.. but I tend to end up in BG frequently for one reason or another.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maybe if you close your eyes and scream loud enuf we may just make it thru this...
lotus666

don't push me... cuz... i'm close to the edge....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2004 12:08:38 PM »

hey! I registered just for this post:), I was quite suprised to find this actually.

Just curious, but has anyone ever been to fiberworks in Toledo? And on that note, are there any other yarn stores within a 40-60 mile radius from here worth checking out?

I'm getting really sick of the selection at Micheal's and Ben Franklin's...boring boring boring.

Later!

hey...another newbie....i live in Toledo and work in BG for a lawyer....and i think Toledo is actually a great place....my Husband and i love going out and clubbing, and toledo aint' bad for that scene....(i miss Frankie's however)....uptown is okay, and Howard's is really cool....but Toledo takes it for me...not so big that you feel like a speck in a giant city, but big enough to have plenty of choices on what to do and where to go for entertainment....and that's enough of my rant!! sorry!!!

ANYWAYS!!!!.................

yes, there are some nice "gourmet" yarn stores around this area....Fiberworks is the best i have seen so far, but pricey-pricey-pricey.....great selection tho....highly recommended...also stop in at the Wixey bakery a few doors down afterwards....YUMMMY YUMMY COOKIES!!!

anyways, there is also "the Yarn Shop" (i think that is what it is called) on Secor Rd past Sylvania....my mom (a knitter/crocheter/embroiderer extraordinaire) says that is an excellent store....i haven't been, tho.....

in BG, there is the "Loving Traditions" yarnstore....it's okay, very small tho...some nice gourmet yarns, then some upper-scale lion brand like "trellis" and "homespun"....but a small selection i'm afraid....

THIS ROCKS   Logged
betsyjean79
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004 04:15:48 AM »

I am in Toledo too.  I believe the yarn store on Secor is called Yarn expressions. I haven't been in there yet, but I will have to check it out. Don't forget about Michael's. The yarn selection is pretty good if you like synthetics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luckysushi
Another Crafter Hindered by College Life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005 04:43:59 PM »

I know this thread is a little old, but I'm also in Bowling Green, a student at BGSU. I love to craft but don't have a lot of time or resources.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set for Landscape Scene
Canon G10: Set for Kids/Pets Scene
Canon G10: Set for Indoor Scene
Canon G10: Set for Fireworks Scene
Canon G10: Set for Dusk/Dawn Scene
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...