A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I need help choosing different types of tea for a gift basket.  (Read 1001 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

asile153
« on: December 02, 2008 09:31:24 AM »

I would like to give a couple of my girlfriends gift baskets with tea in them for Christmas, but I don't know anything about tea (if I'm posting in the wrong place, feel free to move this).  What are good types of tea for things like energizing, relaxing, detoxing, warding off illness, or any other cool effects that I don't know about.  Hopefully that makes sense.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

your friends ask about me you say I can be found
with the cheap romance novels with their spines battered down
oh the heart has no bones you say so it wont break
but the purpose of loving is the pounding it takes
Ms Jameson
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008 11:01:26 AM »

All tea is high in anti-oxidants.  Green, black and white teas are all good.  Research used to claim that green or white were the highest but now that is being disputed.

Do you know what kind of tea your friends like?  Many tea lovers don't care for herbal varieties ( I fall into this camp.)  Someone else will be able to give you more information about herbal teas, I'm sure.

If you know what your friends like then I would get three teas, a green, a black and a decaf.

Do  you have access to a coffee or tea shop where you live?  If so, get some high quality loose leaf and ask the staff what people's favorites are.  You could do this on the internet too if you like, but I am a fan of buying local.

If you just want to buy tea bags, I really like Stash teas.  I'm a huge fan of their green tea, double bergamot Earl Grey, and decaf chai.  Costco's brand of tea is even better and they come in large quantities so you could divide them among your baskets in pretty tea tins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyZedral
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008 12:09:27 PM »

If they like fruit, I suggest a nice fruit-flavored black tea as well.  Loose leaf teas can get pricey, but they would look very nice in some small tins.  Oh, and don't forget a strainer or one of those little spoons that holds loose leaf tea. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sunray

Everyone's favorite generic superhero.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008 03:04:00 AM »

Definitely add Chai tea in there! Its super yummy, especially in the winter, and its more of a "dessert" tea.
Green tea is certainly a very healthy tea, but its hard to choose one for people -- many folks don't like green tea, or only like certain kinds.

The Republic of Tea has quite a few different teas, specifically geared towards exactly what you're talking about -- clear skin, wellness, sleep, waking up, weight loss...perhaps see which ingredients in each tea have the effect and try and find something similar?

http://www.republicoftea.com/pages/teamenu.asp

Under various headers, like herbal and "be well red" tea, are what I'm talking about - get gorgeous, get wellness, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Harvey
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008 04:08:00 AM »

A fun thing to add, if you have access to a specialty tea shop, is Buddha balls or variations there of. They are hand wrapped teas which when you pour the boiling water on them they open very prettily, some varieties even have flowers in the centre. They are a white tea. You only need to buy one or two balls and put them in a cellophane bag to add something different to the basket. This link will show you what I mean : http://www.tbar.com.au/tea/show/8
THIS ROCKS   Logged

asile153
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008 06:41:04 AM »

Thanks for all the great suggestions.  They're very helpful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

your friends ask about me you say I can be found
with the cheap romance novels with their spines battered down
oh the heart has no bones you say so it wont break
but the purpose of loving is the pounding it takes
b16aGirl
If you see me wandering the streets staring at the sky, remind me that clouds aren't quilted.

I got nuthin.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008 07:05:39 PM »

Every tea drinker is different. I tend to adore herbal teas, but stay away from more traditional teas. Lately, I have been loving yerba mate teas which have a ton of health benefits. Guayaki is my favoritehttp://www.guayaki.com/.

Good Earth brand teas have a line of medicinal teas that are awesome. If your friends like herbal teas, there are so many awesome options out there. I suggest looking around the net or a local tea shop and just seeing what looks fun!

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have a beautiful day!
mygrandmasaysimkool
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008 09:22:09 PM »

Comming from someone who doesn't care for tea (and I have tried all different kinds), the only one that I like is Mint Green Tea. I think it's a really nice choice for a green tea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SimplyFabulous!
My home away from home

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008 06:30:24 PM »

Mint Gree Tea is the only tea my daughter will drink.  I also agree with Chai, yummy!  I also love raspberry tea.  Celestial Seasonings make a Christmas line of teas like Candy Cane and Gingerbread. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.  -ee cummings
LordVader

i AM the Dark Side

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008 01:41:37 PM »

my personal favorite type of tea is Constant Comment.  mmmm.  i recently got a blueberry green tea.  but i haven't had any yet...more in the coffee mood.  lol.  i love the cranberry pomegrante tea from Lipton.  thats good stuff.  i've only had Chai tea once, and didn't really care for it, but i need to have it again and see if i like it.  but i think everyone else has some pretty good ideas.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge."-Albert Einstein

"Conversation should be pleasant without scurrility, witty without affectation, free without indecency, learned without conceitedness, novel without falsehood." - William Shakespeare

http://foodforthought1987.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Rice Pilaf
How to Steam Rice
How to Store Rice
Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
Grilled Sambol Shrimp Recipe Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...