A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make Love Not War Swap  (Read 4616 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jdb822
« on: December 02, 2008 08:10:39 AM »

Here be the peace-lovin' gallery!

Post your gifts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AttieNichole

Welcoming Spring!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008 10:41:26 AM »

My mother took the package for this swap to the post office for me today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

attienichole.etsy.c om
ecozombie.etsy.com
pinterest.com/aimeetraveler
ThatsWhatSheSaid
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008 06:39:10 PM »

Here is the amazing package I received from MadMommyMia - I love it!  Grin

Everything together:

The store bought item: Peace Necklace from the Greater Good Network (is that right? I dont have the pamplet in front of me)

The purse: I am in love with this! I love the iron ons on the front. And this is my favorite fabric!! I'll be using this for knitting projects with longer needles.

Probably my favorite item, I've had this on my wist forever!!

Close up of the needlepoint ornaments that I love!

Thank you so much, Maria! You are a wonderful swap partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwistMySister
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008 10:20:37 PM »

oooh! nice stuff!!!
i love the tshirt, lol that make cupcakes not war, i used that pic somewhere in sallyB's package too  Grin the peace tin is awesome, and im loving those ornaments! that apple fabric is cool aswell  Cheesy great package!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/On-The-Front-Line/175858075802771

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnTheFrontLine
Nobodyhasthisoneyet
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008 07:58:43 PM »

What a mighty fine package - I'm going to bury the line "make cupcakes not war" away in my mind.  Knowing the way my brain works, it'll pop out at the most inconvenient moment - like in the middle of a staff meeting at work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer online regularly - if you need to contact me, try tweeting @artsieaspie.  Sorry for the inconvenience!
sallyb
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008 08:01:02 PM »

A fabulous package MadMommyMia!  I agree that apple fabric is beautiful and I really love the needlepoint ornaments!  Fabulous work there!

I too, have goodies to share.  I was lucky enough to receive my package yesterday - on a Saturday mind you!  Apparently our postal service is Australia is going all out to deliver everything by Christmas!  Go them!  I sent off a Christmas gift to Singapore on Friday, so with any luck it will arrive not too far after Christmas!

Anyway, TwistMySister went all out for my package and I think she's been going for broke without a break!  There is such a range of fantastic stuff - here we go!

Here we have 3 t shirts (all from charity shops, I love charity shops!), each embellished in different ways.  The one on the left is embroidered with Bob Dylan lyrics, with a transfer and buttons stitched on. The middle one has "Yo better treat your momma with respect" across the bottom and has a painted and embroidered patch on the front.  The one on the right has a guitar painted on it with some music-related quotes.  A perfect reference to my music obsession!  She also burnt a CD of excellent music and there's a little badge she made in this one too!

There's some cool stuff here!  I asked TwistMySister to make a long beaded necklace - and she made me 3!  They are beautiful!  There are also some beaded bracelets, a hairpin and recycled paper placemats and coasters.  Here are also the items she bought for me: a make poverty history book, a wooden comb (I love this!), leaf coasters (love these too!), a worry doll (ditto...) and floral purse.  Yay!

And last, but certainly not least, this is a little bag she made, with some kick-ass freehand patchwork and embroidery on it.  This is really cool!  And on the right there is a  heap of magnets with all different themes of peace and love on them.

Thanks so much TwistMySister!  It's been a fun swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TwistMySister
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008 10:50:29 PM »

Grin its fun seeing what youve sent, being posted by your partner! lol yeah, the black shirt with the transfer, it went whack so i tried to save it! i shouldnt have put it on a dark background, the colours were really bright so i should have maybe put it on the light blue one! im glad you could read the letters, quite correct! Wink it says ya better treat yo mama with respect  Grin with the earth, obviously being the mother, i would have embroidered the other half of the earth but ran out of time!  Sad its funny i got that line from john butler and its been stuck in my head ever since, i was miming the song walkin around the house like i owned, and my brothers door was open and his friend was staring at me while sitting on a beanbag, lol how embarrassing..  Tongue shit like that always happens to me, yet i keep doing it!

Cheesy i had to change the sleeves on the black one, seriously they looked like  they could strangle a 6 yr old's arms!  Huh oh, and i hope you like the music on that cd!  Grin ziggy always gets me dancin'  Cool ...im seriously annoyed though lol i would be 2 weeks exactly off 18 when hes coming here to do the gig... like hes gonna be back!!!  Angry

...lol so gonna gatecrash/loiter  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jdb822
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008 06:12:20 PM »

Wow, what great starts to this swap!

I love that bag from Madmommymia, I'm absolutely wisting it  Cheesy

Twistmysister, you went crazy! Those shirts are so unique, and original. Which is always stylish. As for that bag, wisted also. So amazing, that must have taken freakin forever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nobodyhasthisoneyet
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008 02:37:35 AM »

Get wisting, ladies, because my package from IdlersDesign has arrived in absolutely record time!

Before we even get to the goods, check out the glorious pakaging in little origami boxes:

Inside, bracelets, a necklace, and earrings:

The outside of the box was decorated with stamped birds, snowflakes, and the words "peace" and "love" - and lo, here are the stamps!

A very handy bag, with an inset showing the detail of the flowers:

There was also a lovely little Indian notebook, which my camera REFUSED to shoot in focus... it'll come in very handy, since I have about a dozen notebooks in use at any one time, because I have to write down EVERYTHING or I forget.

IdlersDesign is from the Netherlands, as is my father who emmigrated to Australia in the 70s.  A Dutch Christmas tradition is to exchange initials made out of chocolate, and this selection brought back a stream of memories from my Dad, who'd forgotten all about it until he saw these:

I'm blown away by the speed at which this package got here (my last swap package took more than three months!) and that the chocolate didn't melt at all in transit.  It has a hint of vanilla flavour, which I hadn't tasted before in chocolate and is VERY nice.

Thank you so much!

Oh, and it's already Christmas somewhere, so merry Christmas, joyous Yule, and non-denominational all-inclusive Season's Greetings to you all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer online regularly - if you need to contact me, try tweeting @artsieaspie.  Sorry for the inconvenience!
TwistMySister
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008 03:12:07 AM »

wow! awesome stuff, i especially love those buddha earrings  Grin and the oragami is so cool!! i have received from SallyB, so i will be posting my stash within the next few days!!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...