A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wreaths that are knit ... I mean *fit* ... for the nifty knitter 12/10: NEW PICS  (Read 34649 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project , gifts_for_knitters , wreath  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ScotSkipper402
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008 08:49:15 AM »

The ultimate stashbuster!

I'll bet you could wrap styrofoam balls or even bunched-up plastic bags with yarn, if you wanted to stretch your favorite colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Jannie
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008 09:23:51 AM »

Wowwww, I like it.

Groetjes Jannie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MandyLikesPie
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008 09:25:27 AM »

Beautiful work! Wrapping yarn takes me forever, so I admire your patience. I love your wreaths.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lwooters
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008 09:33:45 AM »

This is almost exactly what I had in mind to make a girlfriend of mine who is a knitter! I was going to use styrofoam balls to stretch my yarn further though. Did you make the pattern continue all the way around the wreath or just on the one side? I couldn't tell that. You did a lovely job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragstorichesart
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008 10:13:40 AM »

Grin You guys are the coolest! Thank you so much for all the kudos.

I wish I could take credit for the knitting needles, but I can't. I actually got the idea from a fellow Craftster last year: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=211860.0

And funny you mention Starbucks, doyouloveanapple. I had been tearing through my craft supplies, trying to find ways to cover "ugly" Christmas ball ornaments. I was using paint, glitter, paper, etc. ... and it was time consuming as you-know-what. Well, I took a break to take my daughter, who's 12, to Starbucks. She went in to buy her drink and came running out to tell me about how Starbucks had "yarn balls" in their wreaths.

And a lightbulb appeared above my head.  Cheesy So then I came home and tore through my yarn supply!  Cheesy

Me? Patience? Pfft. No way! I used all those ugly Christmas balls as forms for the yarn. And once I had plowed through all the ugly balls, I used ping-pong balls, styrofoam balls, doll stuffing ... anything I could get my hands on!!  Shocked

You guys should seriously make these. They're a great stress reliever (except for the times that you'll wanna throw your hot-glue gun across the room for burning your fingers! Cheesy)

lwooters: I did not go all the way around the wreath, though I thought about it. You'll be surprised to find how many ornaments it takes to cover one side of these wreaths. It's almost unbelievable.

Thanks again, guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ineedart
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008 10:22:26 AM »

How beautiful! I like how it is different then your average wreath...how creative. And it all looks so neat and professional!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.   ~Pablo Picasso

Looking for small but interesting scraps to make I Spy Quilts for my kids...will swap other fabric or ??
tickleagangster
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008 10:42:52 AM »

Oh boy! I just saw a very similar wreath in the local Starbucks and I wondered how to make it! This is really cool.  I think that maybe I could also use styrofoam balls to wrap the yarn around?? I'm going to go to Michaels and get some stuff to make one too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Say hello to my lil' friend!
MEshelltakeone
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008 11:30:50 AM »

WOW!!! i love it!!!!!!!!!
im a hooker as well ( Hey Kurtzie!!) so i would do crochet hooks, but how fab!!
i cant believe i didnt think of this!!
good job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008 01:18:00 PM »

I don't even knit and I want one!

This Rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vergaminic
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008 02:47:55 PM »

super cute idea.  how long did it take???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a personality so unique deserves a handbag to match.  find which one matches yours at www.wix.com/vergaminic/crave
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mary and Lou and Rhoda and Ted by Jennifer Armstrong
Grand Ambition by Bruce Knecht
The Chalice by Nancy Bilyeau Trailer
Educator Erica Brown on How to Die Better
The Chalice by Nancy Bilyeau
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...