A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 41 - DONE  (Read 17195 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2008 03:39:44 PM »

I claim CJKJ for wall art...  hope it works  Grin if not a wisty surprise

6th Claim, (3 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 3 Rec'd)

--------------------

I am Ronda and I live in Iowa, in the middle of the USA.

I am an eclectic pagan, so please respect that when crafting for me. My hubby is a retired US Marine who works at a factory now and volunteers at the VFW more than he is home, LOL! Two of my 6 kids still live at home (one recently returned to re-evaluate her life  Roll Eyes  ). The rest are out there in the world, fending for themselves for the most part, and I have some grandkids to boot, LOL!

I am pretty busy but do several crafts - jewelry making, embroidery and hand sewing, crocheting are the ones I am most familiar with but I do other crafts as well. I like dark colors, and jewel tones. My greatest non-crafty passion is for rocks, crystals and seashells! and chocolate  Roll Eyes

Before you claim me, check this list and make sure that you don't send me things on it, or that have been near things on it, as my allergies are serious business.

Sadly it is a long list of allergens - wool or dander from any herd animal, some laces and other natural fabrics, including hemp (silk or cotton is OK, linen is not), some acrylic blends if they have metal thread in them though poly/cotton seem to not be a problem, dairy, cigarette smoke, rodents (really, we had a rat and I was allergic to the poor baby), aloe, anything floral, pine scent and pollen, molds, most soaps and detergents, anything Avon, most make up, all metals except sterling silver, and some stones because they have metal in them - I can have them just can't wear them in jewelry, adhesives (like on band aids but also some crafting glues - they are usually OK if they are dry, and I don't come into contact with them wet), there is more - just ask and I will let you know if it is an issue

this is how serious it is - I went into anaphylactic shock twice over the hypoallergenic laundry soap the hospital used last time I had surgery, faint traces of cigarette smoke on something can make me sick for a week despite taking two sorts of allergy pills every day, and breathing in wool fibers has sent me to the ER.

I am NOT allergic to cats, dogs, birds or dust.

I also talk too much...  did you notice?

OK - now that I have scared away all potential partners...

this is my wish list (most wanted in green):

updated Dec 25, 2008
Crafts
large tote bags, for sorting and storing supplies or WIPs, that can hold a lot of weight Kitty Vegas is making me one, thank you! but can use more!

a lap quilt would be awesome and doesn't have to be fancy ( I know that is probably a reach)

knitted scarves similar to any on my wists or profile or pick your own pattern - I am enamoured of scarves, and cheap to make for as you can use Red Heart Super Saver and I will be happy and safe! lamamarco is making me green ones for me and hubby to match - how cool is that? - but wouldn't mind another, living in Iowa winter and all...

I like mittens too...  Roll Eyes

T-shirts for me (mens XXXL as I am a big girl) with crafty things on them, or dragons, or dragonflies, or something you think I would like - that I can wear at craft shows

a hoodie or T-shirt for my daughter, size med or large, black and pink or white and black - sortof emo/goth/punk - reconstructed is awesome - happy bunny, anime, a kitty cat, totoro, or anything Japanese-ish - her nickname is little kitty   thank you missmuffcake for claiming my daughter!

pajama pants with any horses on them size large probably or a mens size large T-shirt for my other daughter that has a horse or cowgirl theme (lots of cute sayings out there) or anything that has a horse on it especially one that looks like her mare Molley that passed away - bay horse with white markings on face, photo in my webshots link here in the Molley album, the last few pics are with my daughter from the day she had to be put to rest:
http://community.webshots.com/user/camaranut
she would love anything to remind her of Molley - she had her tattooed on her arm, she loved her so much

something for the hubby with the marine corp emblem or the VFW emblem or any generic patriotic theme in/on it (coffee cup, T-shirt in XXL mens, notecards, whatever), or the University of Iowa Hawkeyes gold and black football team emblem/colors  Roll Eyes

poly clay dragons, about 3 to 4 inches - there is one on my wists that I have and would like more similar to him, in all the colors of the rainbow except I have a white one, a green one and a black one already:
http://www.wists.com/RondaS/8a0774796dc3bdba6ee814635e9940ce?offset=0

bowls like the ones here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=92335.msg892694#msg892694

rocks with the signs of the elements on them like these, with only the trianglular symobls on them not the writing:
http://www.wists.com/RondaS/043be5b2fc8cf5750561074f7798ea8d?offset=0

fabric covered boxes like on my profile (there is a tute) in asian theme fabric or something simple and solid color in colors I like
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=154750.0

wooden boxes in a variety of sizes - painted, stained, decorated, just nailed together, whatever

soft fabric drawstring bags made of cotton or other natural fabric (other than those I am allergic to) about 3 by 5 inches in size or so, or larger  thank you mimiw for such awesome bags!

a thing that will hold a book up and open and let me have my hands free while sitting at a table or desk working

something from my wists that hasn't been mentioned yet, LOL!

Craft Supplies

any 4mm round stone beads

stamped embroidery pillowcases for me to embroider on and embelish
embroidery floss in any color

small containers that are safe for pouring and burning candles in

Extras
tumbled stones or crystals of any sort

any stone or crystal spheres that are 20mm to 30mm in size

chocolate  Wink

have a great time!

Ronda
Blessings!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008 03:52:59 PM by RondaS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2008 09:17:42 PM »

I claim RondaS for
stamped embroidery pillowcases for me to embroider on and embelish

this is my second claim this round (one claim sent)

I'm in Massachusetts US, I do mostly knit, but I also crochet, spin, and used to cross-stitch, embroider and a little bit of tatting. I like the cooler colors (blues, purples, greens) but a little oomph of the red/orange/yellows doesn't hurt either. Nothing holiday themed please - I like being able to use my things all the time, not just a few weeks a year 

My list, in no particular order (links are examples, not requirements  Cheesy )

Crafts

decorated (and absorbent) kitchen towels, potholders, etc

reusable grocery bags with long handles or a similar size tote bag

expandable shopping bag  examples here and here

a drawsting pouch with pockets

pretty 'yarn wrapper' band labels - to wrap around skeins of handspun so I know what kind, how many yards, etc

stained glass stitch markers

handmade soap/gel/scrub stuff (not for bathtub soaking though, please)

solid-colored brooomstick skirt - or any not-too-tight-to-walk-in skirt -  in dark-ish neutrals (ex- grey, eggplant, pine, black, navy)

cotton 'pettipants' aka a slip that looks like shorts to wear under skirts

lounge-y shorts/pants (~43" waist)

slightly bigger than credit-card-size wristlet with outside pocket for ID badge, this idea

crochet-hook book-style zip-close holder for tall hooks. I have some that are longer than usual so they're are too tall to fit in the other holders I've got. (I think they're about 7" / 18cm long, but I can let you know for sure)

floral fabric covered tacks   Thanks Bhean!

rubik's cube stuffie (this idea)

double-stitch markers or any stitch markers for small needles (US size 3, 3.25mm or smaller) Thanks MommyTheMaid!

wetbag to carry cloth pads (doesn't need to be waterproof, but resistant enough that something damp won't soak through the bag)

cloth pads or panty liners

A pretty, but not really lacy, ladies crocheted/knit/sewn/beadedwire/etc kippah this in one style I like but in purples and/or blues.

Supplies

anything to help me improve wire-wrapping beading kind of techniques. I'm self-taught and the teacher doesn't always know what's going on Cheesy

pretty tatting shuttles (shorter than 3"/7.5cm)

Casein Knitting needles

New Pathways for Sockknitters book by Cat Bordhi
Cool Socks, Warm Feet by Lucy Neatby
Andean Folk Knits by Marcia Lewandowski
(pre-owned books in good condition are just fine with me)

something from, or based on, my etsy favorites or my wists

Extras
your favorite funny book (please no 'funny by being mean/angry/insulting' kind of funny)
1 1/2" (4cm) cotton fabric squares (any color except neon-bright, and no holiday themes please)
'souvenir' bookmarks
Chocolate, plain or with nuts (unless you want me to share with the hubby - he likes the mint & fruit-filled chocolates)
tea, hot chocolate mixes
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008 05:51:47 PM by ThreadOrYarn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bhean
Fairly goth mother

believing is seeing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2008 08:25:41 AM »

I claim Threadoryarn for a set of fabric covered thumbtacks.

This is my third claim, one received....& I am from Ontario, Canada

I'm a 36 yo SAHM with 4 kids living in Acton, Ontario trying to fit my art-making in between dinners, naps, university and playdates....my favorite colours are black, red, purple, cobalt.  I really dislike pastels.  I adore skulls, greenmen, cool stripey-legged dolls, medieval stuph, and general goth-y goodness.  I love ephemera, embellishing, and anything old and crusty....yum!!! But duct-tape and I are in a "business, not for pleasure" relationship...I use too much of it around the house to fix stuff   

Here is my list:

Something inspred by my wists (www.wists.com/bhean)

Crafted stuph:     

- a goth purseket (purse organizer)http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=48982.msg450364#msg450364

- a black, kitty-eared hoody

- art dolls- creepy or fantasy or both!

- a set of 13 placemats in a cool fabric (I have a BIG family )
Thank you stitch81!

- jewelery like the ones made by Eni http://www.enijewelry.com/jewelry/gem133.html

-Robeez like baby slippers with skulls or bats on them (24 mo size)

- Something for the SCA (medieval recreation), feast gear, accessories, garb - I even need chemises and bodices, I've changed sizes a lot since I had time to make stuff

Supplies:

- Sugar skull molds (oh joy!)

-knitting soap mold from Brambleberry http://www.brambleberry.com/molds_flex.html

- yummy handspun

- any natural fibre black yarn

- yarn with added bits like this! -->http://www.studioloo.com/yarnarchive.htm

- script background stamp similar to this (without trees and flourishes)--http://www.flickr.com/photos/35373600@N00/1829090812/sizes/l/

- German scrap http://www.rubystdesigns.com/category_13/German-Scrap-.htm

- 50's or earlier magazines

- Unusual Toys for You to Knit and Enjoy booklet by Jess Hutchison - I'm hoping I haven't missed the boat on this one.

- anything from Hannah Grey
http://www.hannahgrey.com

- PMC - OMG is this stuff so cool or what  (Instructions would be really useful too)

- Japanese crafting books or mags - even not in english is ok

- Jim Holtz Grungeboard

- strange found objects, I make art from small old ceramic dolls, decaying metal objects, old enamel signs, printing press type and etched blocks, etc...anything old and weird looking like Michael Demeng uses http://www.michaeldemeng.com/gallery.htm

- lampwork bead kit (without torch)

- Waldorf doll-making kit Thanks poerava!!

Thanks for choosing me!!!!

« Last Edit: December 27, 2008 09:17:35 AM by bhean » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistiness.... www.wists.com/bhean
Faren
Sit and Spin

I am Sci-Fi

« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2008 09:48:03 AM »

I claim bhean for "yummy handspun"
First claim, 0 received, 0 sent

I'll be right back with my list!

I'm a 34 year old redhead that lives in McPherson, KS with my hubby and 2 black cats(yes, I am a glutton for punishment!)

I love either bright, jewel or dark colors, especially purple,green, blue.  Do not like neons and pastels aren't my favorites either. Reds, oranges and yellows should probably be included in the non favs. Favorite scents are lilac, lavender, chocolate least favorites are any citrus or mint.  My main craft is knitting, but also (just learned) crochet, polymer clay, cross stitch, sewing stuffed animals,bags, freezer paper stenciling, and my new favorite, spinning yarn, but it seems like I never get around to making myself anything!

Interests are scifi and fantasy and folklore.  Firefly, Lord of the Rings, Dr. Who, Twilight, Pern.  Western style dragons, fairies, elves, the fae, celtic and medieval designs. I love the steampunk look too!

Crafts

Any kind of reusable grocery bags based on my likes.
Produce bags
scented candles/incense sticks
bath and body stuff: soap(not melt and pour), lip balm, lotion, body sugars, bath bombs, shampoo, conditioner...
Some kind of thread catcher for my sewing machine, either hanging or maybe part of a pincushion?
A ren style corset would be beyond awesome! Or any ren clothes, actually.
A small bag to hold my spinning supplies.  With a loop to hang from my wheel, and  big enough for my oil bottle.
A book safe(hollowed out book), based on my likes
Slippers, nice and warm, can be made of anything, but want a heel on them, warm is the word to go by! I keep thinking I'll knit and felt a pair, but it hasn't happened yet!
Embroidered tea towels based on my likes..
Some kind of needle felted critter like  a dragon, unicorn, fairy, etc, based on my interests
Any kind of  glasswork. Really, stained, fused, blown, etched, whatever, I love them all.  I don't really have an idea on what kind of object I want either, share your ideas!
Personalized measuring tape like this  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=231569.0
Small decorated rubber bands for the end of my braid.  I love the japanese folded flowers!

Supplies
Cotton fabric that is knitting, crafting, book, fantasy  themed
Wool Wash like Soak or Euclan
little embroidery scissors
Any fiber for spinning, roving, batts, anything and everything, I've only spin wool so far, so anything else would be extra fun!

Extras
I am allergic to corn, corn syrup, etc, though it won't kill, just give me a killer of a headache.
Dark chocolate is always good!
Hot chocolate
Postcard from your area of the world

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008 09:53:21 AM by Faren » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly!

My Wists  http://wists.com/Faren
http://www.flickr.com/photos/faren422/

New hand spun yarns listed! 2/27/10
http://www.annellsannex.etsy.com
mangomerle
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2008 04:03:10 PM »

I want to claim Faren for some reusable bags as well as maybe a bag for the spinning things. I'll pm about dimensions.

2nd claim, 0 sent, 0 recieved

I am a 26 year old female living with my longtime boyfriend and 2 quaker parrots (Bird, age 25, and Lily, age 7) in a 2 bedroom shotgun-style apartment in Saint Louis, MO. I work part time in a the Symphony Orchestra box office and part time at a spice shop. I love cooking and hanging out with the 'chickens' as well as playing World of Warcraft with my SO. I generally like bold, bright colors or warm earth tones; I'm not so much into the neons or pastels. I don't really wear jewelery ever except for my silver spiral earrings. I ride my bicycle and take the metro to work a lot, not necessarily because it's good for the environment, but because it's what I can afford, the good for the earth part is a pleasant side-effect I suppose. I don't have a lot of allergies other than pesticides, which I don't think is something I'd have to worry about here, and something as yet undetermined that is in a lot of kinds of perfumes.

Crafted Items
- cardboard, paper, or natural cotton shredder/preener toys for my medium-small size parrots (without dyes as I think one of my fids is allergic to something in certain dyes, makes him really sick and pukey and me really sad)
- handmade hot pads/potholders
- fabric shopping bags in manly-type fabrics (for my boyfriend to keep in his car for when he randomly decides it's time to go grocery shopping on the way home from work)
- knitted size XL (US women's 18-20) shrug so I can wear some sleeveless lovelies to work, prefer black/charcoal/grey/etc. for color
- fabric roll container thing for my crochet hooks (I keep them in a hard plastic pencil container right now, but that's also where I keep my needles and threads for small embroidery and sewing projects that I travel with) thanks la_chrystelle! yay for organization and finding tools when I need them!
- thread catcher to use with my new sewing machine
- cute pincushion thanks la_chrystelle! it is adorable
- clothespin bag for the clothesline outside
- fabric napkins to pack in lunches, bright colors preferred
- knit legwarmers (I have large calves, so a size XL I think maybe?)
- all natural body powder, would love something in rose, bergamot, or a combination thereof
- handmade dryer balls (to reduce static without using chemicals I'm allergic to)
- basket to help organize WIPs (boyfriend is annoyed with the embroidery in the living room, crochet in the bedroom, sewing on the kitchen table, etc. all the time) any medium you like
- handcrafted brooch, any medium
- sturdy fabric wallet (I've been carrying my ID and such around in my pockets and frequently misplacing them for the last year since I completely wore out my duct tape one)
- recycled bottlecap fridge magnets

-anything Wist inspired

Supplies
- wool or cashmere sweaters for felted crafts
- cotton or linen bias tape
- rotary cutter or mat
- yarns appropriate for simple crochet projects (so far I'm pretty good at blankets, hats and scarves)
- rickrack or lace  thanks la_chrystelle! (more is welcome, though Smiley )
- darning foot for my sewing machine (Bernette 66)
- 2 inch squares of cotton fabric for a quilt I'm working on, any color/pattern
- stuffie patterns (sewn)
- pinking shears

Extras
- postcard from your area
- sachets for clothes drawers (lavender, rose, cardamom, cinnamon, cedar, etc. would all be wonderful)
- heirloom vegetable seeds
- marigold and/or zinnia seeds, any variety
- I would absolutely LOVE any old Foxfire or Mother Earth News you find or do not want
- a favorite recipe or two
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008 04:05:58 PM by mangomerle » THIS ROCKS   Logged
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2008 05:27:56 PM »

I claim mangomerle for some potholders (probably crocheted or hand sewn) and possibly one or two other things depending on time Smiley
About me I'm a 6 foot tall, 35 y.o. living in Hollywood.

Allergies - no patchouli, sandal wood, nag champa (not actually allergic to these, but they make my nose run horribly), If you send me food stuff, I don't eat mammals but I'm not a vegetarian. My S.O. is allergic to cats - but if you're careful and/or wash & clean thoroughly before sending , he'll be ok. On another food note - I'm allergic to blue food coloring, yes, just blue. If you send me anything that has a scent, I prefer citrus over any other smells.

Things I love: dogs, computers, technology, the internet, circuit board patterns, sci-fi, anime - anything Japanese really but especially hello kitty and san-x, dragon flies, the subway, hummingbirds, hearts, cherry blossoms, bikes

My favorite clothing designers = Oakley, Diesel, and Free People
Dress wise, I do conservative but hip for work (I work at an internet company so I can't dress too stuffy). I'm a t-shirt and jeans girl at home. I love the idea of high heel tennis shoes

Favorite colors: Cobalt Blue (any blue really as long as it doesn't look turquoise or aqua), Pink, Khaki Green, Red, Orange.

Yuck colors: I hate aquamarine, yellow, and turquoise - I don't really hate yellow, but it hates me. I don't like gold toned metals either.

Please package whatever you send me in the smallest box, envelope, whatever as possible because I have a TINY mail box.

Oh and NO Disney related stuff!

On To The List

big wishes in red and bold

NEW STUFF IN GREEN

I have changed up my list a little from the usual....

Wearable Stuff:

If you plan to make me any wearable stuff, please PM me for measurements.
1. a stencilled shirt with an art nouveau style pattern - Women's Medium Please - but must be stretchy as I'm kinda curvy (and long-ish 'cause I'm tall)
2. simple a-line skirt knee length (will send you measurements)
3. Bloomers or bike shorts to wear with skirts while riding my bike.
5. 2" wide fabric belt that's kinda long (can be sash style or with a buckle)  - in any of my favorite colors, denim, or a pretty girlie print (fabric inspiration on my wists).
6. headbands from Heather Bailey's pattern in fabrics from my wists (my sewing machine is busted and I love this pattern so can't make myself more right now)

Other Crafty Stuff:

1. A padded fabric envelope or wristlet that is big enough to hold my Blackberry, my G1, a lighter, and a pen. Closure doesnt need to be more complicated than Velcro Smiley Getting a little tired of juggling all the stuff to go to a meeting.  See my wists for fabric inspiration THNAK YOU CLAIRE!!
2. amigurumi cuteness animals, plants, food with faces to join the rest of the stuffies in my cube. (take a look at my previous posts - I have a picture of all of them together posted on this gallery) - Thank you MandyLikesPie for the puppy and cactus & Miss moppet for my coffee cup - but no girl can have too many stuffed animals!
3. Your ATC's or ATC style artwork that I can hang in my cube at work (fairly small scale)
4. a pop art style painting of my German Shepherd in blues or reds (I will provide photos, small scale as this will probably be on my desk at home or work)
5. A very simple lap quilt and/or pillow that I can keep at the office (can be fleece or whatever, not picky) with a Tinker Bell or Jessica Rabbit embroidered or stenciled on it this is the only wish Im lifting the Disney ban on.
6. Anything with a sewing machine or crochet hooks on it
7. Very simple necklace and earring holder. Black, teak, or maple are the best colors for me. like this one (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9201717) THANK YOU CLAIRE!!!
8. Passport holder!! BIG WISH!! preferably with an "anti skimming" lining

9. re-usable sandwich wrappers & a large lunch bag (you know the ones made of fabric with a plastic lining to replace sandwich bags) Would LOVE if they had a circuit board pattern or ANY fabric from my wists. There is now an example on my wists - some other crafter read my mind. 

And.

Im always up for a crafted surprise from the wists I think I like these wishes more sometimes  Grin you people are so creative!! (anything that says "thank you" in the title I've already received).
http://wists.com/animegirlie2

Supplies:
1. Instructions on how to adjust timing on a singer 4803 machine - pictures and what not on how to get in it and make the adjustments myself instead of taking it to a shop.
2. Vintage Buttons preferably from 30s to 60s any size, any color (no novelty buttons please I prefer the classic styles, but flowers are ok)
3. Felt squares, any color, wool (preferred) or polyester
4. half inch round circle hole punch
Tag shaped hole puncher
5. wacky shaped hole punch (interpret how you like)
6. ring blanks
7. Bails for necklaces - the little loopy things that you glue on the back of a pendant...does that make sense?
8. 6x6 frames in plain wood - no glass needed - used to frame stuff for a living can handle all but making the frames (6x6 is a weird size).
9. Yarn - I can always use yarn
10. Hand spun yarn in burnt orange (see my photos - same color as my FBB) with sparkly copper fiber spun in.

Extras:
1. Hello Kitty anything
2. San-X - Mr. Cold stuff would AWESOME
3. anything from meomi.com
4. any book on my wists (pre-loved is totally fine!)
5. Throw in a few of the business cards for your online shop (if you have one) so I can give them to people who appreciate what you made for me  Smiley
6. "Mind the Gap" swag from London underground or any Tokyo Metro/JR lines swag (I have maps of both subway systems already). 
7. I collect Japanese style teapots - if you have one you don't want.....
8. I also collect antique (B&W) photos of plants and landscapes

thank you in advance for crafting for me Smiley
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008 09:21:39 AM by animegirlie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2008 09:22:46 AM »

I claim animegirlie for two wisty-inspired surprises and some B&W photography.

This is my 4th claim (2 sent, 2 received) and I am in the U.S. Here's a mini-bio with more info than you'll ever want (updated from last winter!).   

I'm 33 and live in the lovely state of Michigan with my wonderful husband and our beagle, Snort. Snort's idea of the good life is eating, sleeping and eating her own poo. She's my fur-baby, and while we don't treat her like a human child, she is a member of our family.

I own an asphalt company along with my Dad and work about 70-80 hours a week in the summer, so I basically have no life, including crafting, from May through the end of October.

I'm a flittering crafter, I like to try everything once and the things I really enjoy, I keep up with. My current favorites are making jewelry, knitting (my first adult sweater is on the needles and it's getting really hard to keep going yep, its still on the needles a year later!) and papercrafts, though I'm trying to get back into watercolors and really need to start using my pottery wheel again. Things I'd really like to try are resin, crochet, and needle felting.

I like sarcastic wit and jokes that make you think, and I seem to be experiencing a renewed love for the '80s. Favorite tv show of all time is The Office and favorite movies are Real Genius (with a very young Val Kilmer) and the original Willy Wonka (c'mon, a movie all about candy!) Favorite colors are ocean-y colors (greens & blues & browns) and jewel tones (ruby, emerald, sapphire, etc.). Im also digging the black/white/grey combos lately.

I love anything to do with nature and waterfalls are my favorite places to check out. And my favorite food in the whole world is donuts. Best flavor explosion - a fresh, hot, plain cake donut, straight from the oven with a glass of apple cider. I dislike mean people, people who are stupid by choice, soy sauce, political campaigns, and having religion preached to me without an invitation.

Please feel free to look over my wists as I like everything on there, its updated, and wisty surprises are fun, fun, fun!!! Thank you so, so much to anyone who chooses me!

CRAFTED ITEMS

KNIT/CROCHET/YARN/NEEDLEWORK
  • knit socks ankle or regular is fine (womens size 8.5 or 9) 
  • amigurumi or needle-felted or felt beagle (Ill fight ya for this one, Grieney!)
  • amigurumi or needle-felted or felt hippopotamus
  • amigurumi or needle-felted or felt cookie monster (actually, any of the old-school sesame street characters would be great and Ive even got free patterns listed on my wist!)
  • amigurumi or needle-felted or felt pelican
  • pair of knit half-finger gloves with a fold-over mitten flap. My husband has also informed me that he would like a pair, too, so you could do either male or female-sized ones
  • art yarn
  • Knit shrug/wrap - on the off-chance that someone is just itchin to do one, Ive got a few listed on my wist
  • handknit squares for a Craftster blanket I have to double-check the sizes Ive already gotten, but I think they were 4 square. Only request is that the yarn you use is machine washable.
  • Felted beads pretty flexible on colors and sizes, Id like to have a stash of these for art projects.
  • Super-soft cowl Thanks, sunspotted!
  • Funny, sarcastic crossstitches - I've got a couple on my wist[
  • Learn to needlefelt kit - Thanks, CamOovas!
  • Embroidered pillowcases- For our master bedroom, colors are blues and greens. Some type of sea animals or theme would be awesome.
  • Embroidered pillowcases - for our master bedroom, colors are blues and greens. Some type of sea animals or theme would be awesome.
  • Embroidered pillowcases - for our guest bedroom, any thread color and theme is fine.

SEWN
  • a box bag like  this
  • some type of overnight bag that has a number of pockets to hold misc. toiletries and stuff (Ive seen some Amy Butler ones that are cute, but it doesnt necessarily have to be that involved or fancy unless you feel like it basic tote with interior pockets is fine by me. Oh, and it doesn't have to be fancy fabric, either.)
  • Placemats (set of 2, 4 or 6) - though Im loving the log cabin look, anything would be sweet. My kitchen colors are sage green and burgundy
  • Napkins (matching or coordinating sets of 2, 4 or 6) kitchen colors are sage green and burgundy
  • Pair of Strawberry Shortcake, Super Mario, Smurfs or PacMan long pajama pants or pajama shorts (any type of fabric is fine, PM for measurements but I wear a Nick and Noras size large if that helps)
  • Pair of satiny pajama shorts or long pants (any fabric is fine, just want something that feels silky/satiny. PM for measurements but I wear a Nick and Noras size large if that helps)
  • Weekender bag pretty big wish, but if someone has one layin around they arent using I dont care either way if its made with Amy Butler fabric (gorgeous, yes cheap, no).
  • Blanket for Snort Thanks, MimiW!

ART/PAPERCRAFTS
  • your artwork, whatever medium you like you can check my wist for inspiration (youll see I love a lot of whimsical pieces), but Ill love anything that isnt political, religious or deal with death.
  • inchies or ACEOs

SILKSCREEN/IRON-ONS/ETC.
  • silkscreened t-shirt with the phrase    neat-o mosquito     (feel free to add a cool image if you have one) womens L or XL, 40 bust
  • t-shirt like this one that errka made for me last year that I have worn and washed so much the graphic is falling apart!  roughly a womens large, 40 bust   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=155224.msg1545936#msg1545936
  • silkscreened or handpainted or stenciled t-shirt, basically animal/nature stuff  (Ive got a few on my wists for inspiration) roughly a womens large, 40 bust

JEWELRY/ACCESSORIES
  • A glass or soldered or resin pendant Ive got examples on my wists of some I like, or choose an image you think Id like!
  • Pelican pendant sculpy, glass, collaged, resin, whatever!
  • Chunky necklaces in a style you think I might like

MISCELLANEOUS
  • hand-carved rubber stamps you think I might like.
  • Anything on the theme of 1950s Happy Homemaker with a twist (tongue-in-cheek kind of things) notepad, pendant, artwork, tote, t-shirt, whatever!
  • Anything on my wists Im constantly adding new items and there's lots of small/medium items on there!

CRAFTY-SUPPLY ITEMS
  • Weird or unique rubber or acrylic stamps. Zetti-type images, dancing animals, retro images, basically stuff you cant find at JoAnns (Ive got a few samples on my wists). Used is perfectly fine!
  • Random/unique ephermera anything you think I might find amusing, intriguing, weird or otherwise useful.
  • Typewriter keys The older the better. Even just the stickers or photos of the keys printed onto thick cardstock/chipboard would be cool.
  • Vintage/old keys The older and rustier, the better. Skeleton keys are awesome, but anything that looks old is terrific.
  • Rusty metal stuff Anything that I can use for altered art stuff, usually no bigger than a half-dollar or so.
  • Vintage library card catalog cards
  • Random computer bits Anything thats small and looks cool (except for keyboard letter keys). (I like to use these bits on jewelry.)
  • Chunky, super soft yarn - any fiber is fine as long as it's soft! Any color except for orange, yellow and neons.
  • Swarovski crystals - any color, any shape, any size

« Last Edit: December 29, 2008 11:27:12 AM by AsphaltQueen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CamOovas
Don't drink and craftster.

« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2008 09:45:11 AM »

I claim AsphaltQueen for a Learn-to-needlefelt kit and a few extras.

This is my third claim, 1 sent, none received

I live in northern Wisconsin. I am a vegetarian and animal rights activist, so that means that I would not appreciate any animal parts, like bone or horn or what not.   I am reluntantly okay with wool and recycled leather.    No allergies, but I don't smoke, and I'm not sympathetic to those who do, so I would prefer my crafted things to not smell too strongly of cigarettes.  I prefer "naturey" themes and colors to synthetic/bright/pastel stuff.  My profile has plenty more information about me, if you need.  

Crafted
Handcarved botanical/arborial stamps (trees, ferns, leaves, etc- Not too big on flowers)

Handmade tags for my felted creations (I'd like to have some input on this)

A wisty surprise: http://wists.com/CamOovas

i-pod cozy with a pocket for ear pieces

1/12 scale dishware/baskets/crates for use with my miniature pieces.   These would have to be "to scale" enough to be sold, as that would be my intent. I suppose that would go under supplies, as well

Kitty eating monster bed http://wists.com/CamOovas/6e5eda6b9506778e7b39a874ac9d5fd2?offset=320

Large fleece puppy sack http://wists.com/CamOovas/d02f50c845f7c0a16003ca05c4f991bb?offset=120

Durable large dog bed (I could stuff)

Ceramic switchplates http://wists.com/CamOovas/2eb39e3a363ef3db97acf948c1099634?offset=300

Koi or dandelion hoodie or long-sleeve shirt http://wists.com/CamOovas/6b94fa0329d33113619b88ee61876e14?offset=220

Ceramic planters

Plant hangers (like macrame, or cooler)

Crochet or knit bangles http://wists.com/CamOovas/e658cbf14ab283df3de9a9e4100dfd62?offset=160

Lampwork beads

Lampwork turtle

Scoodie![/b] (knit or sewn, with a long scarf)

Ceramic pendants or beads http://wists.com/CamOovas/4895e73924eb8efca1ac0d1581df697d?offset=120 http://wists.com/CamOovas/6149a14b0730aa783c117ccf5741076d?offset=120

A wierd bracelet like this: http://wists.com/CamOovas/3ba4d8a93b619f354dd2c261957f569f?offset=280

Dobercoat that will cover my dog's naked belly: http://wists.com/CamOovas/d77effca387c9d7fcb553de798b9f18e?offset=280

Handmade yarn in 10 foot increments for rapunzel scarf (and just because I love handmade yarn)

Supplies
Wool dye (for roving, I don't know if there is a difference)

Realistic looking small glass eyes/noses

Quality gemstone beads

Button maker

Extras
A pretend fountain pen, that has the ink cartridges that go inside so you don't have to dip it.   I happen to know these can be found in the UK. At WH Smith. And other places.

Jammie dodgers!

Solid color wool (shrunken sweaters, scarves, but I need bigger peices)

Non-USA/British/Canadian/Mexican coins

White or clear lite-bright pegs (I only need a few of these- like 5)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008 09:56:48 AM by CamOovas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlosun_9
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2008 12:05:52 PM »

I claim CamOovas for a wisty surprise in naturey ish colors.   

This is my first claim of three allowed, zero sent, zero received.

A little bit about me: I am a 27 year old woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, student, and special educator.  Family plays a large part in my life as does the outdoors. I live in Maine and we hike, bike, canoe/kayak, geocache, snowshoe, camp, walk, and do just about anything except for organized sports if it takes place outdoors.  I also like to read, play with my kids, host family dinners/events, and (of course) craft.  My favorite crafts are sewing (clothing for my children, quilts, bags/purses), scrapbooking (although I have taken a brief break from it for right now), crocheting, and embroidering. 

Crafts:
Toddler Bonnet http://madebypetchy.blogspot.com/2008/06/free-pattern-toddler-hatbonnet.html for either my two year old (red and/or black or with Thomas fabrics) or my four year old (purple, black, pink or pretty much any color out there).  We would like the lining to be flannel or fleece or minkee as it gets a wee bit cold up here.

A pendant making kit (for the eldest, she loves making these) like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15000148 or this http://www.makeandtakes.com/links/scrabble-tile-pendant-tutorial or this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14928442

I never thought I would be saying this (as our middle child was toilet trained at just over a year and our oldest came to us at 4) but cloth diapers to fit a two year old (30 pounds, currently is in a size 4/5 diaper as he outgrew all but a couple pairs of training pants).  Our two year old just isn't interested in toilet training.

Some fingerless mitts for me in supersoft yarn that isn't aryclic.  Blues, greens, browns, or grays would be great.

A super hero cape like this http://pukingpastilles.com/?p=57 for either my two or four year old.  Any color would be great. 

Felt food veggies or sets (no pizza as we have a fabulous set and no meat cause that really isnt part of our meals but perhaps breakfast or sandwhich)

This hat http://www.rheatheylia.com/index.php?page=patterns&id=10 in blues, greens, grays, or browns.  I have a largish head/a bit of hair so it should be done on the larger size. 

Anything from/inspired by my wist: http://www.wists.com/girlosun_9 and there are a lot of ideas here, please feel free to craft something you would like to craft!

Pendants-->there are many examples of my likes on my wist

Handspun-->many examples on my wist

Gocco Cards with envelopes.  I will be giving them in gratitude wraps as gifts (like on the Soule Mama blog).  Deer, owls, trees, acorns, and/or pretty much anything nature inspired. 

This neckalce http://www.beadingdaily.com/blogs/projects/archive/2008/08/01/cerulean-falls.aspx  love the colors and design

And this is beyond huge but a person can wish: spaceship http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66029 Even better would be the pattern modified/used as inspiration for making a a hollow train with figures to go inside.

Supplies:
A dog biscuit (bone) shaped cutter. 

Diamond Glaze-->super big wish  Smiley

Linen→Used or Thrifted pretty much any color

Anything from/inspired by my wist

linen double fold bias tape at least a 1/2 inch

« Last Edit: December 29, 2008 12:12:01 PM by girlosun_9 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bhean
Fairly goth mother

believing is seeing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2008 12:55:30 PM »

I claim girlosun_9 for wisty inspired cards with envelopes

This is my fourth claim, 1 received, 1 sent

I am from Ontario, Canada

I'm a 36 yo SAHM with 4 kids living in Acton, Ontario trying to fit my art-making in between dinners, naps, university and playdates....my favorite colours are black, red, purple, cobalt.  I really dislike pastels.  I adore skulls, greenmen, cool stripey-legged dolls, medieval stuph, and general goth-y goodness.  I love ephemera, embellishing, and anything old and crusty....yum!!! But duct-tape and I are in a "business, not for pleasure" relationship...I use too much of it around the house to fix stuff   

Here is my list:

Something inspred by my wists (www.wists.com/bhean)

Crafted stuph:     

- a goth purseket (purse organizer)http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=48982.msg450364#msg450364

- a black, kitty-eared hoody

- art dolls- creepy or fantasy or both!

- Baby legs for a goth 2 year old

- a customized I Spy Bag for my daughters http://rosie-baby-crafty.blogspot.com/2007/08/i-spy-bags.html

- a set of 13 placemats in a cool fabric (I have a BIG family )
Thank you stitch81!

- jewelery like the ones made by Eni http://www.enijewelry.com/jewelry/gem133.html

-Robeez like baby slippers with skulls or bats on them (24 mo size)

- Something for the SCA (medieval recreation), feast gear, accessories, garb - I even need chemises and bodices, I've changed sizes a lot since I had time to make stuff

Supplies:

- Sugar skull molds (oh joy!)

-knitting soap mold from Brambleberry http://www.brambleberry.com/molds_flex.html

- yummy handspun - Thank you Faren!!!  Can I be greedy and still covet more???

- any natural fibre black yarn

- yarn with added bits like this! -->http://www.studioloo.com/yarnarchive.htm

- script background stamp similar to this (without trees and flourishes)--http://www.flickr.com/photos/35373600@N00/1829090812/sizes/l/

- German scrap http://www.rubystdesigns.com/category_13/German-Scrap-.htm

- 50's or earlier magazines

- Unusual Toys for You to Knit and Enjoy booklet by Jess Hutchison - I'm hoping I haven't missed the boat on this one.

- anything from Hannah Grey
http://www.hannahgrey.com

- PMC - OMG is this stuff so cool or what  (Instructions would be really useful too)

- Japanese crafting books or mags - even not in english is ok

- Jim Holtz Grungeboard

- strange found objects, I make art from small old ceramic dolls, decaying metal objects, old enamel signs, printing press type and etched blocks, etc...anything old and weird looking like Michael Demeng uses http://www.michaeldemeng.com/gallery.htm

- lampwork bead kit (without torch)

- Waldorf doll-making kit Thanks poerava!!

Thanks for choosing me!!!!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008 03:50:08 PM by bhean » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistiness.... www.wists.com/bhean
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Double Dare: Ice-Queen Makeup Made Chic
Double Dare: The Cat-Eye Goes Punk
Double Dare: V-Day Pink Makeup Goes Edgy
How to Create the Perfect Cat-Eye
4 Best Shimmering Bronzers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...