A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,113
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Experienced Knitters with free time?  (Read 491 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chasing_cars

n00b knitter. ^_^

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2008 03:12:02 PM »

I've spent half an hour searching in vain for a more 'correct' forum in which to place this thread, but I've finally settled on this, because it sort of is a question about knitting.

Do you have free time at the moment, with which to knit something for me?

Last year someone promised to make me these armwarmers: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/roses-wrist-warmers (if you don't have a Ravelry account, let me know and I can send you the pattern directly--it's free, so I don't believe I'm breaking any rules, right?) but then got frustrated and later distracted by a new boyfriend, so I only have one, and she will not be making more for me. I finally managed to get the spare yarn from her, as well as the single armwarmer. However, I lack the skills required to make the second armwarmer: I can do scarves and flat things and that's about it. So I'm looking for someone who can be commissioned to create just one armwarmer, using patterns that I will send to you. I also have the yarn, and can send the one armwarmer that I have, just for reference.

I can pay, of course, or we can work out a trade (I'm better with stencils than knitting needles) or something. I'd just like to get a pair of these before it gets warm again.

(Also, a thousand apologies if this is in the wrong place. I will move it immediately, if someone could simply tell me which forum would be a better place for it.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

More out of place than anything you know.
Like an opera at a disco.
When all you wanted was a rock show (tonight).
sooper_nikki

i do everything Alton tells me to

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008 12:54:17 PM »

I'll do it! Good knitting karma ya know. Also, you seem nice Grin. And all I'm doing these days is hanging around being prego. I can't see the pattern, but the thumbnail picture looks do-able. I've done many socks and I know my way around cables and such, so I think I might be qualified.  Smiley lemme know if it's a go and we can work out the details.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheeky bastard
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sesame Noodles Recipe
Chicken Legs with Apricots Sauce
Eating at a Japanese Family in Tokyo
Cucumber Raita Recipe
How to Make Vegetable Biryani
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Marinara Sauce
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...