This xmas, i don't have enough funds for expressive presents to all my friends, so i began to think of a more personal-creative approach. I decided to make speech bubble necklaces for my friends with in-jokes in them. They'll hang from ribbons and have a tiny bell on it. This is what we're making:STEP 1 - What You Need!!!
* Pen/felt tips/pencil crayons etc
* Black marker pen
* White shrink plastic
* Hole punch
* Jump rings
* Large speech bubble print out
(I enlarged the following picture in paint and printed it out - http://media.g4tv.com/images/blog/2006/01/11/632725841318237954.jpg
)STEP 2 - Draw!!!
* The shrink plastic has a matte side and a shiny glossy side. See below!
* We want the matte side facing up! (That's what we're drawing on!)
MATTE:http://i33.tinypic.com/2nukorq.jpgSTEP 3 - Trace!!!
* Put the image of the speech bubble behind the shrink plastic
* Get your pencil
* Trace! STEP 4 - Cut out!!!
* Cut around your traced speech bubbleSTEP 5 - Outline!!!
* Get your black marker pen
* Outline the speech bubbleSTEP 6 - Write joke or quote!!!
* Write something funny like an in-joke, joke, quote etc
* I apologise for my in-joke! I'm not against people with ginger hair or homosexuals, it's just a joke with my friend!STEP 7 - Punch!!!
* Punch someone!
* Then use a hole punch to punch a hole at the top of the speech bubble!STEP 8 - Bake!!!
* Pre-heat the oven to 120 degrees (important that you pre-heat because it'll be less likely to curl and stick to itself!)
* Place speech bubble in
* It will start to curl
* Don't worry! It should lay flat again after a while!
* But if it appears stuck at the end when it's flattening, get a knife to adjust it while in the oven
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO BURN YOURSELF!http://www.directtoys.co.nz/shop/images/Honeybake%20Oven%20&%20Hob%20set.jpgSTEP 9 - Result!!!
* It should be hard, flat, thicker and smaller
* It should look like this: STEP 10 - Finishing!!!
* Open up split rings and attach onto tiny hole at top of speech bubble
* Attach a little bell or charm on
* Attach a ribbon (for necklace)
* Alternatively you could skip the punching step and attach a pin at the back later on for a badge!STEP 11 - Parade!!!
* Parade your new creation to the world!!!
* Important: Wait for the green man before you cross roads!http://www.fuzzco.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/yay.jpg