A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,572
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Homemade Snuggie - part blanket, part robe  (Read 35535 times)
Tags for this thread: robe , snuggie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crystalpeace
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008 02:06:08 PM »

i just saw this on tv as well and wanted to get one but i HATED the color choices they had i mean, come on blue, burgundy, and aqua. i know i wouldnt want to be seen wearing aqua and i didnt like the shade of the blue. and i just dont look right in burgundy all the time.  now i can find a print at joanns i like and make this soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlexisMomOf3
Canadian Craftin' Momma

Sew Sew Sew!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008 08:23:28 PM »

I have to make one of these for my husband he has been wanting one of these for a few weeks now since seeing the commercial. Awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mother to 4 beautiful crazy children that loves to sew, make bows and photography.

www.thecanadiancrafters.com
Ninelivesleft
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008 06:54:10 PM »

You know, I work at a local craft store and a woman was talking about how she wanted to make one of these. She ended up not doing anything because she thought they would be complicated (It's a robe backwards, how can it be that complicated?) and she'd be lost without a pattern. Now I know where to point them to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
isadora12000
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008 09:41:45 AM »

yep, tell them it is simple: 1 cut for the arm hole, 1 cut for the sleeves, stitch the sleeves in the holes and hem the cuffs if you like or hem the bottom if needed. simple simple, glad I can help.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Consider what ideas are lost by censorship.
loralyn
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008 10:29:02 AM »

Those look waaay better than the ones on tv! You did a great job! Thanks for posting the link to a pattern, my 6yo (who's a sucker for infomercials, too) wants one so bad! Maybe I'll have time to whip one up Grin

Loral
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love everything vintage and
I love to make aprons, totes and kitschy kitchen things!
Practically Vintage, my Etsy store
My Vintage Charm blog
wiccanmama1976
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008 08:26:50 PM »

I think this is a wonderful Item but I also don't like the choices of colors offered. I also don't like the fact that there are none with patterns on the fabric. I intend to find something with a pattern that I like and use the pattern you directed us to to make this item. Ty again.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008 08:40:26 PM by wiccanmama1976 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WiccanTinkerbellNut
Tiel
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2008 12:46:50 AM »

part of me says that this would be helpful when hubby turns the thermostat down below 70!  Thanks for the link, nonetheless!

I've seen the commercial and was tempted to buy them.  My husband loves the thermostat at 65 degrees.  I sit around in thermal underware, socks, sweat pants and sweat shirt year around.  At times I shake from the cold.

I was waiting to see if anyone would figure out how to make them.  I sooooo want one right now.  I'm going to go through the fabric tote and find some fleece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not the brightest crayon in the box.
angrykittymeowmeow
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2008 01:03:27 AM »

Those look so snuggly.  Every time I see the commercial I think "Ok, I can make that, it looks like an oversized robe backwards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY COMPUTER IS OFFICIALLY DEAD!  I WILL BE OFF CRAFTSTER UNTIL LATE FEB, EARLY MARCH WHEN I BUY ANOTHER.
typhjones
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009 01:28:55 PM »

This is great...I know it was posted a while ago.  Thanks for the link my husband is really wanting one of those, now  I can make with his fav team on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
isadora12000
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2009 01:42:52 PM »

no problem! they were a big hit on christmas morning... I even jot a request for a few more!  Grin hope everyone else has enjoyed their snuggies as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Consider what ideas are lost by censorship.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Perfect Tamanishiki Rice
How to Prepare Vegetarian Sushi
2012 Vendy Awards Finalist: Xin Jiang Prosperity Kebabs
How to Cook Homemade Udon Noodle Soup
How to Cook Homemade Yaki Udon
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...