A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,388
Currently Running With Scissors:
731 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: newbie with jewelry **pic heavy**  (Read 466 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

laur328
Blood, Sweat and Crafts.

Let's get high on art supplies and hibernate!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 01, 2008 10:52:26 AM »

Hello everyone
this is my first attempt at jewelry making.  I wanted to do it as Christmas presents and since I'm a newbie i thought i should start extra early (like mid-october lol) but as everything was coming together wonderfully i just kept going and now Ive got several pairs of earrings and a couple of bracelets and some pendants. 

first up:

red and black earrings i made these for myself just to start off and i really like them although they are a bit heavy so i don't wear them dancing or anything.

blue star earrings for my BFF Leslie.  she likes stars and the color blue.

the bracelet goes with her earrings.  its a recon i guess.  i took apart something my grandmother had.  i like reusing items.  needs a bit of cleaner and is good to go.

light blue cuff  this one is for my other BFF Alicia.  she has a thicker wrist and is always looking for some cute bracelets that fit so i made her a simple but shiny cuff.

large hoop earrings  these earrings are also for Alicia.  she likes simple but bold.

small hoops  i might give these to my mom, I'm not sure yet they are bigger than she usually wears.  or i might try to sell them. 

brown neutral earrings  these are also something that Ive reused and the only post earrings Ive done so far.  i might give them to my boyfriends mom although shes not flashy in anyway.  she usually wears just some studs.

pink and blue earrings i think these are the ones i like the least.  the darker beads are blue with very fine sparkles in them.  its very hard to tell.

dragonfly sculpey pendant  Ive also been working with scupey and Ive also fallen in love with that as well. Ive got some ornaments baking now.  here is my first pendant.  my boyfriend is convinced "no one wears clay"  whatever.  its a flat sided glass marble you would put in the bottom of a vase with a dragonfly from a scrap piece of paper mod podged on and then covered with clay and baked.

last one i swear.
vintage initial cuff  this was an old skool Avon bracelet my mom had.  its actually a locket.  the front was boring so i made it pretty with some clay and put L on it for my first name and baked.  it still opens just not as wide. 

please let me know what you think.  my friends and family always tell me everything is great so id like some real feed back. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/rooftopstudio
beauootifulsooooup

Pigs CAN fly ... if sufficient thrust is applied

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008 01:52:23 PM »

your friends and family are right! everything is so pretty, I especially love the white earrings.
I don't know very much about jewelry making, but this all looks really well made, and the recipients are lucky to get this pretty jewelry  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

To prevent them from reading his mind, he wore a tinfoil hat at all times.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Mad Scientist Costume For Halloween
How to Make a Highway Costume For Halloween
How to Make an Owl Costume For Halloween
How to Make a Baby Shower Hanging Flower Decoration
How to Make a Baby Shower Bottle Themed Place Card
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...