A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My best spent 15$ for a craft show display EVER!  (Read 3992 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 01, 2008 10:34:00 AM »

Not sure where this goes, so I guess it goes here?!

My craft show display! about 3$ for the 4 by 2 foot pegboard, 5$ for 2 sets of pegs, 6$ for 2 cans of Watermelon gloss indoor/outdoor Krylon, and presto!

It's so perfect for my pieces, because I have so many one of a kind pieces that I need to display at once, it can potentially hold SOO much stuff. For a larger show I can use pegs with hooks that stick straight out and are like eight inches long with identical pieces stacked behind each other and not have to restock empty spots all the time too! And when I get home it stores everything!

I wanted to use it and make sure I loved it in action before finishing it, I'm going to frame it so it has more support, right now I have a 3 foot wooden dowel tied to the back lengthwise.

Somehow my mom and I both forgot to get a picture of my display in action because the show was always too crowded, lol, a good thing though Grin

I suppose it would cost about ten more for the easel, but I already had that. Need to paint it too. Obviously this will not work quite this way if it's outdoors and windy, still need to work that out, but I have months before THAT matters in NY!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

eightdandelions
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008 10:40:16 AM »

Impressive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
staciart

Old, but not rotten...yet.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008 10:47:17 AM »

AWESOME!  Pegboard is da bomb - and I love what you did with it and your packaging is darling!  Cheesy   YOur idea of framing it is excellent, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008 10:49:47 AM »

Great work!  I love pegboard!  It's so full of promise and options and has such a timeless/old-school vibe about it. Back in college I worked at a building supply retailer/hardware store and there are SO many cool, esoteric "pegs" available.  Siiiiiigh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008 10:51:10 AM »

Great color selection!  You'll definitely need to anchor it, if you're outside.  If you plan to keep using the easel, you might also want to use sandbags to keep it upright.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkladymajesta
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008 10:53:08 AM »

That is sweet! I would never have thought to use pegboards for a display  Roll Eyes After I installed one in my room I dont know how I ever got along without one! Great use of an old product  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008 10:55:27 AM »

The easel was sort of incidental, I was initially going to have it flat at the back of the table, hinged to a piece flat on the table, but we didn't feel like bothering making it at the last minute! I may still make another that way too.
 I still want a whole wall of pegboard too, I imaging I'll be playing with it for awhile!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008 12:38:40 PM »

Pegboards are cool for lots of things.  I have them in my craft room for everything from tools to supplies to idea books that I hang on a string.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008 04:10:07 PM »

Pegboards are cool for lots of things.  I have them in my craft room for everything from tools to supplies to idea books that I hang on a string.

I was also happy the paint actually stuck to the board, I was worried it'd just scratch off.

It also has the little u-shaped sort of hook which is perfect for holding a handheld mirror, like the 6-8 inch ones on a handle, which is useful, depending on what your selling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dancindharma
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008 09:17:40 PM »

That's a great idea for a booth display...we are always looking for new ways to display and make it easy for our customers to get to the bows.  I'm sure I could figure out some way to use the same set-up and display our hair bows.  I think the paper tag the bow is clipped onto would hang nicely from those hooks.  Thanks again for sharing the pictures so we could "borrow" your idea for our shows too! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenn Smiley

My friend, Emily, is giving away free lesson on how to make a boutique girls hair bow.  Get your free hairbow lesson at http://www.LearnHowToMakeBows.com

Submit Your Craft Video and Win $300.00
http://www.CraftsContest.weebly.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Onigiri - Japanese Rice Balls
How to Make Traditional Ikura Sushi, Gunkan Style
How to Cook Chicken Teriyaki for a Japanese Bento Box
How to Make Wagyu Tartar, Gunkan Style
Vegetarian Japanese Bento Box Recipes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...