A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,949
Currently Running With Scissors:
714 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tunic top into cute lacy sailor dress!! PICTURES!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8015 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gurlofgod
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008 11:36:01 PM »

It took a couple weeks to finish, but I Was only sewing for an hour or so here and there. The ribbons and lace didn't take horribly long as far as hand-sewing goes, but the ruffle took forever because I had to stitch each gather separately and all that. But I'm pretty happy how it turned out Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissVan722
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008 12:48:37 AM »

THIS LOOKS AMAZING!!!! im in love with it incredible job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Wonder Why So Many Can Be In Pain, When Others Don't Seem To Feel A Thing.
amarok
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008 01:04:31 AM »

since you asked for opinions, i'll give mine as well: i love it. it's really pretty, and if it were black or pink or something i would definately wear it myself!! (for some reason i don't like earthly colours anymore  Shocked )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is "Susitaika"? Susi is Wolf and Taika is Magic in Finnish.. Come and find out more!

www.susitaika.com

Free embroidery designs at www.susitaika.com/freebies.html

http://susitaika.com/shop for all your shopping needs
ember.ella

I don't care cuz I'm a bat

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008 09:06:55 PM »

That's really cute. I love the lace.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008 01:57:20 AM »

Wow! That is an intense amount of hand sewing!  Definitely worth it though, it looks great on you!  Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gurlofgod
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2009 04:25:38 PM »

Thanks! It took a while, but it was way fun. Although since it was my very first sewing project ever, I keep seeing things wrong with it now that I want to change! Haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockindancer86

$2.99 a gallon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009 04:51:50 AM »

I can't believe you did that by hand. I would've jabbed my eyes out with the needle! It's very cute! Great job Cheesy

I've sewn, maybe 7 or 8 things that you can actually wear, and they've all got tons of mistakes. So for your first one that's awesome! My first shirt is... questionable. But I still wear it because I love it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life-in-Japan, crafts, musings, etc blog here: "Gooooo Japan!" at http://www.rockindancer86.blogspot.com

Excuse me, Mister Pete, have the Cubans a different beat? If they have will you teach me to chick-chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky-boom?
imjanel
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009 08:05:55 AM »

i love it! if you can teach us how to do one (:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Toxic.Onyx
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009 10:12:37 AM »

That's amazing and so cute, especially considering you did all by hand! You certainly can't tell..
I've been meaning to make a sailor dress for a while, perhaps this can be my inspiration Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

memento vivere
gurlofgod
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009 10:17:59 PM »

Yeah! It was actually really easy, as far as complications go. I just bought ivory and navy ribbon from Joann's and literally just sewed it to the bottom hem in stripes. And I sewed the ivory ribbon to the waistline and neck line and added the bow. (I was going to do the ribbon around the entire waistline, not just the front, but I realized since the ribbons doesn't stretch, it was hard enough to put on over my boobs anyway :-P The sleeves I really want to change because they look uneven and sloppy, but I just wrapped a ribbon around them and sewed it. And the back, which used to be a high neck, I just cut a section out of it, and replaced it with stripes of ribbon. The lace was pre-gathered (I think I got a spool of it out of a bargain bin at Walmart). I did gather it more for the bit on the bodice though. And...that's about it. If I were to redo anything, it would be the sleeves, they're a little stretched from where I gathered them. But thanks for your comments guys! I wore my dress today and got a bunch of compliments  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 New Ways to Wear a Vest
4 Wedding Guest Dresses You Can Wear Again
How to Wear Neon Colors
How to Dress Well For the Office
Plus-Sized Bikini Bodies!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...