A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: scoodie for my son (kindda img heavy)  (Read 1785 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ZellaBella
« on: November 30, 2008 07:21:20 AM »

well since i've been making hats for my daughter i thought it's only fair i make something for my son so i decided a scoodie. i used blizzard yarn and an N hook it only took a few hours to make since it's for a toddler

and me in it mwhahaha i really want one for myself but this yarn was expensive if you ask me (66 yards for 9 dollars and i used two of a toddler) very soft and warm though.

thanks for looking Smiley
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008 07:25:53 AM by ZellaBella - Reason: for got to add img heavy to title » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hheever
Hooked on Crochet worked for me.

Help, I started crocheting, and I can't stop!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008 08:21:21 AM »

very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Your logic does not resemble our Earth logic-Buffy Summers

Mine is much more advanced-Xander Harris

I-I like my women like I like my coffee, er, covered in bees! [to the bees] All right, back off, back off! Argh!" -Eddie Izzard

Forget regret, or life is yours to miss-Rent
Tanna
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008 09:29:03 AM »

i really love it! how did you do that with the back, did you first start with this part on the top and then just added the back part?? im just in love with it that why all the qeustions...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZellaBella
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008 09:51:25 AM »

i really love it! how did you do that with the back, did you first start with this part on the top and then just added the back part?? im just in love with it that why all the qeustions...
i did the scarf 1st (two rows of blue one of gray) then went in 40 on each side (i only chained 115) thinking that would be big enough and reattached the gray yarn and dc across to get to the other point then i did a few rows back and forth like that before i wanted to try to make an upside down U (i've heard alot of people mention this so thats why i tryed to get mine like that) to decrease the top i ch2 (counts as 1st dc) sk next st, dc in each st, skip a st, dc in 2nd (or 3rd) ch from prev row) does that make sence? and i just did this till i got to how narrow i wanted it (actually i had to frog some work) then i cut that yarn and reattached the blue on the side next to wear the scarf meets it and did two dc in each dc or ch. i do think i ended up skipping a st here or there in the blue on the 2nd or 3rd row though.

does any of this make sence? i am thinking of making another one in homespun if you (or anyone) want i can write out the pattern when i attempt it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DeathByDigitalBunnies
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008 09:35:55 AM »

I'd love a tute  Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZellaBella
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008 03:55:49 PM »

i'll work on one soon i am trying out different patterns a bit i'll post a tut here when i come up with it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Pastel Lip Tutorial
Can Nail Art Be Sophisticated?
3 New Mascaras to Try
Miss Pop Gives Us a Glitter Nail Tutorial
Kat Von D Makeup Recalled From Sephora
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...