A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,651
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: it's almost a crafty space now!  (Read 6312 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vertigoat
« on: November 30, 2008 04:27:18 AM »

i've spent the last few days turning a pit of a room i could barely walk through the doorway of into a craftroom..
this is the finished projects and this isn't really finished but i kind of needed to post i guess because it's been alot of work and i need to call it at least good enough for a little bit. that being said, i'm really excited about having a space where all this stuff is out and accessible and i can make things. that is a very good feeling so.....

here's the space where i can make stuff. Smiley

fabric stash and sewing machine hiding away from table

more crafty supplies storage, a fair amount of scrapbooking supplies

crafty closet with the doors shut

desk for studying and geeking out.. and there's a tub underneath that has all my beading supplies.. i haven't touched those to organise them yet. oops.

but that's it so far.. i haven't finished but that's it so far.. it's been a lot of work and i am really tired from it.. Smiley looking forward to a good hard nap and then making some stuff. thanks for lookin through the photo obese post to anyone who survived with bandwidth in tact after all that!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
myklia
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008 04:51:50 AM »

When you are done there, feel free to come to my place. Wink

You are doing great and I love the colors you chose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mrskimmyl
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008 05:29:57 AM »

It's fantastic - you utilized your space very efficiently! I especially love the teal wall color. Want to come & turn my spare bedroom into a craft room next?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vertigoat
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008 07:18:32 AM »

thank you everyone... sorry about the sort of glum and terse first post.. this room was my mom's bedroom. today is the one year anniversary of her death.. she was always my partner in crafting crime and pretty much everything else.. it was really important to me to have a huge dent in it by today... it's so hard and painful.. but playing and making things together is something we always did and shared.. so it was a really important project to me and i am very happy.. i'm also gut wrenchingly painfully sad and depressed at the same time. hard to explain and a bit too much info for this board. but it was very important to me.. but it probably leaves me sounding a bit off about it..
i stayed up all night working on this. going to go take a shower and then curl up in front of the fire for a nap..
i really appreciate all the kind words. i seriously need the lift. it's been a hard go...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008 08:21:33 AM »

I'm sorry for all your heartache but it's nice to see that you've done something to positive with it.  You have done a truely beautiful job and I'm sure your mom would be so proud.  Take a good nap and feel proud of yourself too. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Alli_Lucy
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008 10:09:14 AM »

Wow, you have done an amazing job - that looks like a dream craft room.  I'm sure your mom would be so happy that you've turned her room into such an amazing space for doing something that she loved. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My craft blog: One Pearl Button

She blinded me with wisting
Pearlescent
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008 10:53:53 AM »

That looks awesome!!

I really wish I were half as organized Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vertigoat
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008 12:54:28 PM »

thank you everyone:} the room's actually for both me and my mancreature, the half of the room i showed is my half.. his half is still a pit and i promised i'd help him with his side as soon as he had some free time.
his favourite colour is orange which i find offensive on so many levels, i'm starting to really like blues and greens. he brought me home some pipeline porter one night

and the general idea for the colours of the room were decided on. I can't dislike orange when it leaves me thinking of north shore at sunset.

be careful what you say, i really enjoy painting.. watching walls get eaten up with colour. demented hobby but i enjoy painting walls. You just might wake up to find a new crayola box craft room myklia and mrskimmyl.

jennieingram, my name's jenny, so hullo name buddy.. got my nap in and woke up and we're having a domestic home day. can't face much of anything other than being with my boyfriend and ancient cat and taking it easy. i think mom would be in awe of the craptacular to craftacular. it just hurts that she's not here to see it and enjoy it and so much of what i have been going through is hers. thanks for the kind supportive words.

allilucy, thank you too. it's sort of soothing to work on things and use mom's supplies.. i still have a 5x10 storage locker of stuff that i'm going through so when i find small projects she's made it's sort of like a treasure hunt bonus...
all those papers hanging up with bulldog clips over the closet door are papers she's made.. it's nice to just still feel close to her every once in awhile. it hurts alot too. sorry, this is one of the more emotional craftroom redos ever probably. but it's a cathartic and healing process in part for me.

pearlescent- the thing is is i'm a walking tornado type hurricane person.. so very very not organised.. so to have any hope of ever making it through a day i have to work really hard at being organised, if that makes any sense... ?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008 12:56:16 PM by vertigoat » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008 10:19:39 AM »

What a wonderful crafting space you've made.  Such organization.    I'm sorry for your loss.  What a wonderful legacy to your Mother you've made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vertigoat
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008 01:57:26 AM »

jinjeet- thank you :} it really is a handy little spot to curl up in play. i'm really resenting finals week keeping me from doing too much right now. arg.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About Drawing Cartoons and Comics
Basics of Calligraphy
Salilah Moore on Sacred Geometry
Joe Brenman on Creating Murals
Ed Bronstein on Becoming a Painter
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...