A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
479 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas tin  (Read 6008 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lobsterchicky
What's Up, Science Bitchezzzz?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008 02:29:03 PM »

Thanks for the awesome tin, koalascout, and thanks for posting pics as well!  My very favorite thing was the hot sauce angel.  Your tin will be in the mail tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008 07:55:31 AM »

Those are both super cute tins!! Great work  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Hope
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008 07:36:50 PM »

I recieved sooo long ago (probably first!) and I never had a chance to post. I am sooooo sorry cclewis05.
It is such a gorgeous tin! I adore angels so it was perfect.
Thanks sooo much! Your tin is done, just needs to be shipped!
and please excuse the cruddy photos, it was pretty dreary out when i took the pics. (and i also just happen to suck at taking pics)

A view of the inside and side, decorated with those cute beads.

And she filled it with stickers!! ( i am a kid at heart! i collect stickers)

THANK YOU!!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008 07:37:47 PM by Lady Hope » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Craftster Friends,
Three years ago, I was much younger and dumber and I flaked on a few swaps. I am back and I promise to make it up to everyone I hurt. I had been flaked on a couple of times, and I know how cra**y it feels. I am really sorry.
Stefani
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008 07:42:02 PM »

Ohh the tins are all so wonderful...Now ladies I will send you all my addy and you can feel free to ship them all to me for safe keeping  Grin LOL...ROTFL...YOu must all give me an A for effort LOL...I tried...LOve them all so far.. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008 07:25:42 AM »

I have received the most amazing tin from freestyle!  My camera batteries are getting charged so probably no pics until tomorrow.

Thanks so much freestyle words can't even describe how much I love it.  You totally got my tastes perfect!!!!!  You managed to make it girly and Christmassy all at once.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

freestyle
aka ModernSpin

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008 07:26:58 AM »

I have received the most amazing tin from freestyle!  My camera batteries are getting charged so probably no pics until tomorrow.

Thanks so much freestyle words can't even describe how much I love it.  You totally got my tastes perfect!!!!!  You managed to make it girly and Christmassy all at once.

Hooray!! That is exactly what I was going for! So glad you liked it- and that it made the trip across the U.S. safely!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008 04:10:01 PM »

A few recieved today...I am so excited to see the pics...I will post feedback as soon as pics are posted...IF YOUR PARTNER does not post in a few days then feel free to post the pics you agreed to take before the tin left your home..I am so excited I cant wait...UGH I guess I will have to as darn it I can fly oer and post pics for people LOL...Wave the wand and POOF....nope I guess I am not a witch or wizzard (sigh) so I must wait....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
schnerby
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008 04:32:41 PM »

I recieved!

Seriously, wow. What a great package!

I got it a few minutes ago and when to doorbell rang I was sooo jumping about going 'package! package!' and would have been dissapointed if it was someone trying to sell insurance.

Anyway, here are the pics of the fabulous loot.

My theme was The night before Christmas and Princesspimp81 totally ran with it. Crafting legend material.

First the tin was in a little fabric pouch to protect it. Pretty, wintery fabric. I see a Scrabble bag...

Inside there was Paragoomba and Bobomb (I'm a Nintendo Nerd.. these are my two faves) dressed up in Christmas gear. Paragoombas antlers are bendy so he wasn't in the tin so he wouldn't get damaged. He did fit in though! I will sooooo be making other costumes for them so I can change them for the seasons.

The actual tin is so gorgeous. She used felt (great minds think alike, hey?) for the stockings on top. Around the sides she has embroidered the line 'The stockings were hung by the chimneys with care' (YAY!).

Inside she has embroidered the line 'Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse' and a gorgeous little mouse in a stocking (who I promise isn't stirring  Cheesy)

Also, there is a lovely wintery house scene. I have Christmas in summer but I am moving and will have a white Christmas next year (never seen snow either so that should be so exciting).

Now this carftster can seriously pack a tin. Inside was two gorgeous embroidered mittens (for the tree me thinks) and a star pin (i think i might put it on my bag). Also, she made a gorgeous snowflake beaded charm, a gingerbread tree ornament and an embroidered 'night before Christmas' bookmark (will get immediate use). Your stitches are very neat and I'm so glad you can't see the back of mine! I love the way you sandwiched three layers of fleece together to make the gingerbread man ornament. He is great and I might have to borrow that idea in the future.

She also put in a piece of 'night before christmas' fabric which mysteriously missed out being photographed. I love it!

Wow, what a package. Thank you so much. You were a great swap partner and an exceptional first time swapper!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
freestyle
aka ModernSpin

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008 04:38:08 PM »

I love the cute little ornaments! And that tin is beautiful. Great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princesspimp81
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008 05:20:40 PM »

I'm so glad you like everything!  I was a little worried that in my crafting haze I made things more geared to what I love than what you love, so I'm super happy that you're so happy!  I had so much fun with this swap, and you're a great partner to have!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Job Interview Hair
Extend the Life of Your Blowout
How to Make a Messy Braid Bun
Breaking Down the Myths About Locs
How to Get the Perfect Ariana Grande & Iggy Azalea High Ponytail
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...